A fix for Pets

Thread starter #1
Building balanced AI is hard. Really hard. Like harder than a company of SV's size should want to take on.

Make domination/Necro pet use an active, this makes the player sit in a meditation. The pet can then be directly controlled by the user but the Player remains inactive in this mode. Its a nerf and a buff for a bunch of reasons. Argue it out, is this a cheap fix to a constantly brought up issue?

Speznat

Make that Pets do in PVE more damage, jst in PVE more damage not agianst humans, than dominators and tamers with molvas or other big creatures are not useless fucks in dungeons or group pve gameplay.

thats always sad that a full tamer with everythign max lose with 2 molvas against 3sewer rats i MEAN the fuck molvas are 10times bigger and should be motherfucking tank that should 1 atleast hold 10rats.

increase just the PVE damage not the pvp damage. you could detect if its a player or an npc what the shit pet hit and add a multiplier, that would solve some issues and tamer chars could also take part in dungeons and group pve events. than we have more activity and more opportunity in that fields

I think giving pets stamina bars would suffice - give agilic animals such as big cats and wolves stamina close to that of a warrior , and give larger more heavy hitting pets smaller stamina bars .

This could balance out the “set and forget” mentality of pets as you could always run away from the pet if you know how to play your stamina correctly ; and it would force the beast master to use his stamina more often trying to keep up with you commanding his pet on you .

Also they need to rework the swimming of AI in general including pets ... I remember there being a patch a year or more ago now where they said all animals will swim now instead of walking though water yet this still happens all the time especially down south at the shores of the jungle with prowers, megs and undead . This is a specific problem that hurts a lot of people especially newbs cuz they see this and can’t battle against it especially in the water when swimming with a weapon that isn’t effective in a thrusting manner XD.

Teknique

I think giving pets stamina bars would suffice - give agilic animals such as big cats and wolves stamina close to that of a warrior , and give larger more heavy hitting pets smaller stamina bars .

This could balance out the “set and forget” mentality of pets as you could always run away from the pet if you know how to play your stamina correctly ; and it would force the beast master to use his stamina more often trying to keep up with you commanding his pet on you .

Also they need to rework the swimming of AI in general including pets ... I remember there being a patch a year or more ago now where they said all animals will swim now instead of walking though water yet this still happens all the time especially down south at the shores of the jungle with prowers, megs and undead . This is a specific problem that hurts a lot of people especially newbs cuz they see this and can’t battle against it especially in the water when swimming with a weapon that isn’t effective in a thrusting manner XD.
Ah yes, my first ever rage at the gms. When a megnaton just put hands on me in the water