A Guide to Mortal Online History (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually believe those bans were legit? If I remember rightly the GMs conceded that they'd made an error. They accused us of running food to the keep on ghosts when we had stacks and stacks of food on horses already inside. It was completely retarded.
Whats also retarded is deleting everyones keeps banning random people and plundering Pumpkin.

But i'm just a salty vet because aq was so good. XD XD XD

Cyde

Honored Member
Whats also retarded is deleting everyones keeps banning random people and plundering Pumpkin.
Yeah I agree, but people get hot headed after getting shafted hard by trigger happy GMs after thousands of hours invested in their game.

I wasn't involved and I'll not defend it, but that's pretty much the only time AQ did anything wrong over the course of a year, while other bastions of hypocrisy were systematically duping and doing all other kinds of game ruining shit the whole time while we stayed legit, so idrc.

Yeah I agree, but people get hot headed after getting shafted hard by trigger happy GMs after thousands of hours invested in their game.

I wasn't involved and I'll not defend it, but that's pretty much the only time AQ did anything wrong over the course of a year, while other bastions of hypocrisy were systematically duping and doing all other kinds of game ruining shit the whole time while we stayed legit, so idrc.
I remember when MO patched bullhorses and AQ was duping pre-patch bullhorses for 3 months.

You have an inspiring selective memory Cyde.

but im just salty, XD XD.

Cyde

Honored Member
I remember when MO patched bullhorses and AQ was duping pre-patch bullhorses for 3 months.

You have an inspiring selective memory Cyde.

but im just salty, XD XD.
Certain members in the original AQ did dupe bullhorses in 2010 before the merge with BRB and before we as a group decided on our ruleset, which we maintained. AQ of 2011 was essentially a new guild with an old name out of respect for KoLi and the fact it was the oldest guild name still going.

Certain members in the original AQ did dupe bullhorses in 2010 before the merge with BRB and before we as a group decided on our ruleset, which we maintained.
And you harrassed themap and his family on facebook ingame on the forums and irc. I really dont see why you think you have the moral high ground.

Cyde

Honored Member
And you harrassed themap and his family on facebook ingame on the forums and irc. I really dont see why you think you have the moral high ground.
I never did that and I have no knowledge of it. Any issues that me and TheMap had were very much a mutual thing.

Maybe it did happen but if it did it was not guild sanctioned. You think the officers could control the actions of members on facebook? :confused:

I'm going to sleep now, good night sweetie

I never did that and I have no knowledge of it. Any issues that me and TheMap had were very much a mutual thing.

Maybe it did happen but if it did it was not guild sanctioned. You think the officers could control the actions of members on facebook? :confused:
yes? kick them from the guild?

I didn't play for beta, but everyone I've talked to except for you has been adamant that Myrm was the major force of the times. I can change the wording if you wish.

I did play during AQ's era and I stand by listing them as the most powerful guild of the era, but I am open to rewording that. I don't believe that's a point of controversy within the community.

I genuinely hope that I can offer more than just my own perspective and those of my friends. I am one of the few players in this community who hangs out on a variety of teamspeaks and I have friends in many guilds from PvP guilds to crafter guilds and I was really hoping to overcome the barriers you mentioned with this guide. I would love to include some perspectives from guilds that you have been in!

I am sorry that you find the guide unreadable, though. Perhaps glasses would be a solution?
After reading through the post, and seeing all the priceless first person anecdotes, I do feel silly for suggesting you throw the baby out with the bath.

But I think others might agree that including your personal opinions and colourful descriptions of players/guilds mixed in with the things listed as facts takes a bit away from the credibility of it all. Maybe it adds to the humor and readability. But I guess that's just personal preference.

The documented quotes from players are probably the closest we can get to accurate history because at least we know who's perspective it's coming from, and I suggest if you continue this project you place emphasis on them.

All in all, it probably would've been worse if anyone else had written it. So good job making our collective best attempt. Thank you sir.

Phaytal

lol pantero. spot on

i like this thread though, ancient washed up players arguing with others about being the best. just be a men

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter

Depends what one calls legit. Then again, game was so buggy back then that some shit might have been unintentional. Who gives a shit anyways, been too long to count everyones sins.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
Back in 2011-2012 the combat was not perfect, it wasn't a 100% skill based perfect game, but small guilds like ENVY, who were tight knit groups of 6-10 people that pound of pound counted for 2-3 times their size could still change the outcome of a war, or a siege.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
:)

Shinzon

Honored Member
What happened to Prophecy? I remember they were pretty damned huge, then as things rolled along they just dropped off the face of the Earth. Internal drama? Did it split into several other guilds? I really can't remember Prophecy's linage.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
What happened to Prophecy? I remember they were pretty damned huge, then as things rolled along they just dropped off the face of the Earth. Internal drama? Did it split into several other guilds? I really can't remember Prophecy's linage.
They were faiding away by the end of the beta.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
Shield crashing.

Generally speaking, for me, you were enjoyable and likeable crew. Couple bad apples though that as a group you never had the backbone to sort out to truly stand up to your slogan back in the day. I guess that can be said about every group though.

Cyde

Honored Member
Shield crashing.

Generally speaking, for me, you were enjoyable and likeable crew. Couple bad apples though that as a group you never had the backbone to sort out to truly stand up to your slogan back in the day. I guess that can be said about every group though.
I'm not aware of anyone from AQ ever doing that. I have a vague memory of one of our members using a shield in a fight and crashing half of our group with it by accident, but I guarantee something like that being exploited to our advantage would not have been tolerated. Maybe people were doing it in isolated incidents, but there's really nothing anyone could do to deal with that without being provided solid proof, which Im confident never existed.

I agree about the bad apples, specifically Dotix & CDXX. In all fairness CDXX was kicked a number of times and given a few months/years to think about it before being allowed to reapply. Dotix on the other hand was like a pet dog who shat everywhere and on everything who you just couldn't bring yourself to get rid of, but the council kept him in line for the most part. Regardless, the overwhelming majority of members were legit, and me, Gankez, Rdomi and a bunch of others put a lot of effort into keeping it that way, no matter how little it mattered to the rest of the MO community who called cheats and hated us the whole time.

Aphilas

Cronite Supporter
Regardless, the overwhelming majority of members were legit, and me, Gankez, Rdomi and a bunch of others put a lot of effort into keeping it that way.
Never disagreed with that.

And cosidering shield crash stuff - as I said fuck knows, game was so buggy. But I quite clearly recall one of your two mentioned bad apples managing to crash people at the most convinient time multiple times in short period. Just a minor thing that popped to my memory when reading your posts. Was a point when relations between FEAR and AQ started to heat up and certainly didn't help. Before that it was quite common to give fair duels for you if we outnumbered significantly and generally be on polite terms.

Ive seen these accusations the last 4 years since i had my first forum account

Cyde

Honored Member
Never disagreed with that.

And cosidering shield crash stuff - as I said fuck knows, game was so buggy. But I quite clearly recall one of your two mentioned bad apples managing to crash people at the most convinient time multiple times in short period. Just a minor thing that popped to my memory when reading your posts. Was a point when relations between FEAR and AQ started to heat up and certainly didn't help. Before that it was quite common to give fair duels for you if we outnumbered significantly and generally be on polite terms.
Well, not that it matters anymore but if one of them was cheating against you then I'm sorry. I enjoyed the FEAR vs AQ rivalry because we had some great fights and as far as I recall both sides remained respectful to one another, even with the sword of tears involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.