A Guide to Mortal Online History (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys talking about the same war? If so, did Quad switch sides? It seems like Watersurfer implies that Quad was on the same side as Soap/RPK/ESKO. Also, why no mention of FATE? Alot of people seem to think that FATE stirred this all up.
Both wars is different. The 2nd war was started by ESKO against ID, the reason why Quad joined ESKO side because of DRED joined ELY side while ESKO SOAP and RPK lay siege on ELY keep. I was in KotO (ESKO) after the 1st war (FATE keep blown up).

Finnley

So this is all about the 3rd WOSB and the sides were RPK/FATE vs ID/QUAD/GUTS + a whole lot of guilds
Oh sorry he is indeed talking about what he wrote in that doc and thats about both wars

Anyway he cleared it up in the post above

Thread starter #123

UnicornHooves

Both wars is different. The 2nd war was started by ESKO against ID, the reason why Quad joined ESKO side because of DRED joined ELY side while ESKO SOAP and RPK lay siege on ELY keep. I was in KotO (ESKO) after the 1st war (FATE keep blown up).
What were the dates on these different wars?

3rd WOSB seems to begin in August 2014 and end in January 2015, beginning with the attempted siege of FATE keep and ending with the fall of FATE keep.

When did this other war start and end? What do you think we should name it?

What were the dates on these different wars?

3rd WOSB seems to begin in August 2014 and end in January 2015, beginning with the attempted siege of FATE keep and ending with the fall of FATE keep.

When did this other war start and end? What do you think we should name it?
The war ESKO started in April 2015 and ends June 2015

I think the war is about battle of the power of the pet relic

Finnley

It was a war of stagnation and server down time
Server down time caused by DDOS
I think a few guilds disbanded and or went inaktiv in the progress.
I was bussy IRL so i wasnt as involved as usal.. someone else should write something about it.
No idea how or when it started i just know Quad did not wanted to get involved at all cause we where really inactive and it was not our war but both sides wanted our support and fed us propaganda on why we should join, at one point ELY/ID started working with Killox and he started attacking our assets so we joined ESKO RPK side.

The super short version of the war

ID lost one of their keeps
RPK build on their spot
Quad joined the war
RPK keep got ninja sieged
Many siege attempts on ELY keep in the jungle
OP guards where OP
It was a back and forth in the jungle with alot of TC assets getting destroyed
Sarducca released
ESKO moved to Sarducca

The super short version of the war

RPK build on their spot
Quad joined the war
OP guards where OP
Sarducca released
ESKO moved to Sarducca
I add some to the list

RPK sieged ELY pet relic and ELY lost it due to mechanic
Next day ID got the pet relic
ESKO, RPK and SOAP sieges ID keep
ID lost the pet relic at salvia cliff
The pet relic moved to ES keep
RPK build the keep on ID spot
Quad joined the war
OP guards where OP
SOAP abandoned the keep, moved to their old spot in the vadda village
SOAP got blown up the day before Sarducca
Sarducca released
ESKO moved to Sarducca along with the pet relic
Someone leaked the password information into ESKO keep and ELY/ID/DRED ninja the relic
ELY have the pet relic again
ESKO, SOAP, Quad went inactive that where the war ends right there

Again I think, the war was all about the power of the pet relic

Thread starter #130

UnicornHooves

okay, added info on the newest war (called it the War of the Relics)

link any videos that are good and relate to it and i will add them

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I enjoyed reading the write-up, very nicely done. If I haven't gone entirely senile I'd like to fill in some details, in the 2009-2010 period (Ancient History).

Th1rten started dropping catapults like candy and sieging quite a bit of assets. This culminated in their attack on Myrmopolis - Myrmidon's Village. I didn't like Myrmidon, but I did respect them both as fighters and a guild with a spine. They were one of the few guilds that set out to stay out of politics, a feat that they achieved admirably while become some of the greatest PvP'ers of their time. However a small guild is unable to stand against an entire alliance, and so Th1rt3n's actions not only aligned Myrmidon with us, but also gave us the ammunition required to convince Chaos to side with us - lest they become the next victims.

And so with TA, TOP and Chaos we descended into the first server wide war.
To which I would like to add this old (possibly from the era when FRAPS was hand-cranked) video,

Aegis Imperium Destroyes Th1rt3n's Keep

Thread starter #133

UnicornHooves

Hot damn! I was under the impression that the graphics looked nicer during beta until I saw that video

ThaBadMan

Exalted Member
Hot damn! I was under the impression that the graphics looked nicer during beta until I saw that video
It was best looking in closed beta when they had high res textures but then they turned it off for years cause it got too heavy on performance.

Trismagi

Haha good stuff, I'd love if you could post some detailed accounts of those wars from RLC's perspective, as I do agree that the RLC angle is under-represented. I work with what I have xD

also, link any RLC videos of major battles I'd love to add those
sadly we have not had many recorders from ely/rlc in the past. I've started recording but just recently so we dont have a lot of video from our perspective but thinking back on it....we pretty much were in just about every war.

as just one example to show your bias towards us for not listing our guild as a major guild of the eras/conflicts:
"By the end of the month, Wessex and Elysium, the two clans still intact despite the fighting,signed a truce with Anquer Quare to end the fighting"

This is just one line written by the Archivist(who has also been very biased towards us in his write ups IMO) that shows we were in force during that period and were involved in the wars.

And this line by you: "AQ* - The most powerful guild of the era"

most powerful guild of the era why? I remember a long period of that era when Ely had a Mounted Archer group that no one else could handle.

This whole write up stinks to me of Bias.

I like the effort and its a cool thing to do and all but it would just take so much work to try to get you to alter this "history" to be more accurate. Stiekel would be able to fill in a lot of gaps missing and blatent false info here but I doubt he would take the time.

Thread starter #139

UnicornHooves

sadly we have not had many recorders from ely/rlc in the past. I've started recording but just recently so we dont have a lot of video from our perspective but thinking back on it....we pretty much were in just about every war.

as just one example to show your bias towards us for not listing our guild as a major guild of the eras/conflicts:
"By the end of the month, Wessex and Elysium, the two clans still intact despite the fighting,signed a truce with Anquer Quare to end the fighting"

This is just one line written by the Archivist(who has also been very biased towards us in his write ups IMO) that shows we were in force during that period and were involved in the wars.

And this line by you: "AQ* - The most powerful guild of the era"

most powerful guild of the era why? I remember a long period of that era when Ely had a Mounted Archer group that no one else could handle.

This whole write up stinks to me of Bias.

I like the effort and its a cool thing to do and all but it would just take so much work to try to get you to alter this "history" to be more accurate. Stiekel would be able to fill in a lot of gaps missing and blatent false info here but I doubt he would take the time.
If you're going to contest that AQ was the most powerful guild during GABARIAN HEGEMONY, then I don't know what to tell you, because you're beyond incorrect. I don't even understand how anyone could argue that AQ was not the most powerful guild of the era...to even infer that another guild could have challenged them for the title during that period would be an act of bias.

If that's your strongest example of my "bias" within my "whole write-up", that's a pretty fucking weak argument.

Look, you can criticize this write-up for, at certain points being, inaccurate or incomplete, but to say that the "whole write up stinks of bias"? I took great strides to try to make this as unbiased as possible. It's biased because I didn't call ELY the most powerful guild DURING THE ERA OF GABARIAN HEGEMONY, WHICH ALMOST EVERYONE FUCKING AGREES THAT AQ DOMINATED (EXCEPT FOR YOU)?????

I'm not listing Ely as a more powerful guild than AQ. Maybe you need to take a look at yourself and consider what "bias" really is. If you think my writeups are so shit and that this thread is so BIASED AND UNFAIR TO YOUR GUILD and that the whole thing reeks of disinformation and HORRIBLE BIAS and FALSEHOOOODS then you can fucking make your own history thread. I'm sure people would love to read about nothing but the history of RLC/Ely and how it was the most powerful guild in the game during the height of AQ.

That's some really cute fan-fiction.

Trismagi

If you're going to contest that AQ was the most powerful guild during GABARIAN HEGEMONY, then I don't know what to tell you, because you're beyond incorrect. I don't even understand how anyone could argue that AQ was not the most powerful guild of the era...to even infer that another guild could have challenged them for the title during that period would be an act of bias.

If that's your strongest example of my "bias" within my "whole write-up", that's a pretty fucking weak argument.

Look, you can criticize this write-up for, at certain points being, inaccurate or incomplete, but to say that the "whole write up stinks of bias"? I took great strides to try to make this as unbiased as possible. It's biased because I didn't call ELY THE MOST POWERFUL GUILD DURING THE ERA OF GABARIAN HEGEMONY, WHICH ALMOST EVERYONE FUCKING AGREES THAT AQ DOMINATED (EXCEPT FOR YOU)?????

I'm not listing Ely as a more powerful guild than AQ. Maybe you need to take a look at yourself and consider what "bias" really is. If you think my writeups are so shit and that this thread is so BIASED AND UNFAIR TO YOUR GUILD and that the whole thing reeks of disinformation and HORRIBLE BIAS and FALSEHOOOODS then you can fucking make your own history thread. I'm sure people would love to read about nothing but the history of RLC/Ely and how it was the most powerful guild in the game during the height of AQ. Righto.

That's some really cute fan-fiction.
no I didn't say it was the strongest example I said it was just one example. I could pick through it and list several more.
I didn't ask you to list Ely as a more powerful guild I just think its biased you didn't list us as "A" guild with the rest of the influential guilds of the eras. Not listing us when the write ups clearly show we were there, active, in force, and played major parts in those conflicts is....biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.