About Tuhtram's Ideas Plus the RPK "solution" ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
It'll take reading through tons of texts, posts, replies, every thing to put all this together...

Basically Tuhtram's a pretty damn good guy for creativity and to increase immersion, not to mention widen the player base bringing different kinds of players to MO.

Not only that, but if you manage to separate the goo'ol "RPK" into some WAY OF PLAYING instead of a MANDATORY PLAYING, that would allow passive players to go for their goals, like becoming a smith, or an alchemist, or anything else that doesn't involve PvP... That being said, you should read the through out the posts and try to bring the ideas into light, adapt them for your goals with the game and hopefully increasing it's quality and filtering it's community. MO meta gaming is so unbalaced atm that you can only do a small branch of things and it is mandatory to roll multiple toons, which is wrong, multiple toons should be an option, a chance for someone to have different play styles that appeals to them, instead of "one for crafting X" "two craftin Y" "three crafting Z" "four PvP" "five PvE" or whatever...

Ideally MO should be an improvement to what UO was, not a direct copy, UO became unbearable when the massive griefing started, and MO isn't too farm from that, tho you can stay safe inside Tindrem, if you dare venture out on your own you are simply fucked, unless you have p2p up and upped move speed enough to outrun people... Which automatically fucks up any role you would like to get into the toon, I don't find that smart from the Devs in a Marketing analysis, it scares people off and filters the community into stubborn people(who may eventually become griefers), veterans and groups who entered the game together / people who was invited by friends - meaning: less people, less money, less chance to even reach the Steam Greenlight...

RPK Post
Tuthram's Main Post which links to more posts

Avargol

UO died with the blasphemous birth of Trammel, UO after that is an aberration.

Trammel was when they split the UO world into 2 separate dimensions, one dimension of chaos (Felucca) where RPK was rampant and a separate dimension (Trammel) where players focused on PVE, dungeons, etc and could not randomly kill or attack other players.

Personally it was not the greatest solution but something had to be done. UO suffered from the same problem that MO does, mainly that murderers and RPKers end up ruining the game for everyone else who want to explore dungeons and do anything besides PvP.

Its a difficult problem to solve and StarVault seems to be betting on the Territory control, player controlled laws and guards etc to solve this. One thing I think everyone can agree on though is that a solution is needed and that this is a problem.

Ideally MO should be an improvement to what UO was, not a direct copy, UO became unbearable when the massive griefing started, and MO isn't too farm from that, tho you can stay safe inside Tindrem, if you dare venture out on your own you are simply fucked, unless you have p2p up and upped move speed enough to outrun people...
* Spot on. I'm a new player and p2p and I'm scared to leave Tind. It just seems like suicide. And the few times I've ventured a little bit outside the gates I was either on a donkey or naked and running and still didn't feel safe moving out of sight of the guards. There are so many cool things I've read on these forums, stuff I'd like to just SEE -- like a minotaur cave or the slumbering beast in the jungle, etc, but I probably won't be seeing any of that anytime soon.

As a new player I assumed we all just killed each other in the GY and so that's what I do, I farm walking dead heads and collect weapons and gear and I'm getting bored now. My skills are nearly maxed out and I've started a crafter alt which should forestall the boredom for a month or two but I can already see this is going to get real old real quick. The bonus for SV is that I have no life away from my compooter so for the lack of anything better to do I'll probably keep at it well into critical levels of boredom but eventually I'll snap and that will be it. It's a shame too because this game has great potential.

Thread starter #8
mate, this game's going down slowly, what should be done can be done and it would only get a few retards mad, still it isn't bein done, that's the problem, I am drunk right now so I can't talk much, but to resume: Fuck the griefers and their defensive state over the matter, only option is to feed the sheep atm so they'll at least stay in the game for a month or so, if that doesn't get priority the game will die, and I'll laugh hard and grief hard, cuz sandbox rpg is the only truthful way to get rpg!

l8rs

Status
Not open for further replies.