Account Necro After 7+ Years. Gonna Need Counseling!

Thread starter #1
Hey guys. Keeping it short, had a horrible life last 7 years, but I just necroed my old gaming rig. Can you say Core i7 Bloomfield? LOL

Anyway, I have three accounts that I ahve now logged into for three different games I used to play, This game, MWO (MechWarior online), and EVE. All of them were fully developed accounts.

I really need to log in and go running around but I don't even know anything anymore.

Is the game still alive? Any help would be really appreciated.

The last time I logged in was probably around 2012. I had a few Spider queens in my, my, wahtever that thing is you keep pets in. lol.
I had literally TONS of Spider queen silk in my bank.
etc, etc.

Anyone want to help me get back into this game, or meet me in game, please let me know. My characters are out of Bakti.

Tehmudjin

Welcome back! You should have no trouble finding guilds to take you in in the guild section. I also recommend joining the official MO discord.

Best of luck!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
my, my, wahtever that thing is you keep pets in. lol.
It's a stable, genius.

(Sorry. I had to.)

A few things have changed, recently, mostly under the heading of "the Newbie Experience" but according to the Steam Charts (extrapolating them also to the few players who do not use Steam to log in), the activity of the game is not at a low point and has been slowly gaining. If you have more specific questions, shoot!

Golt

Trial Member
Welcome back. Check out the guild ASH, based in Bakti and will surely help you with getting back into things.
If you have Discord, you can contact DanteDelCaro#3591 (Leader of ASH)

Thread starter #5
It's a stable, genius.

(Sorry. I had to.)

A few things have changed, recently, mostly under the heading of "the Newbie Experience" but according to the Steam Charts (extrapolating them also to the few players who do not use Steam to log in), the activity of the game is not at a low point and has been slowly gaining. If you have more specific questions, shoot!
LOL yeah that's it!

Last edited:
Thread starter #6
Welcome back. Check out the guild ASH, based in Bakti and will surely help you with getting back into things.
If you have Discord, you can contact DanteDelCaro#3591 (Leader of ASH)
Can you tell me, is everyone using Discord to communicate and why Discord and not here?

Can you tell me, is everyone using Discord to communicate and why Discord and not here?
Discord feels more real-time and a glorified chat box than posting on the forums, and the plethora of functionality like voice chat means entire communities can chat and play the same or different game at the same time with ease.

Yes, game is still going and SV has just started releasing the very first screenshots of the sequel Mortal Online 2 on Twitter.

Thread starter #9
So no more Teamspeak or Vintroillo? lol Man, I feel old. But, then again, I was playing Ultima Onlinein 1998 using IRC for coms. lol

Should I use the browser or local cleint of Discord? NM, I just downloaded the client after getting some strange errors trying to sign up from the website.

Thread starter #10
Discord feels more real-time and a glorified chat box than posting on the forums, and the plethora of functionality like voice chat means entire communities can chat and play the same or different game at the same time with ease.

Yes, game is still going and SV has just started releasing the very first screenshots of the sequel Mortal Online 2 on Twitter.
So, what was wrong with Ventrillo? Sure, I didn;t mean VoiP vs forum. I was talking about Discord vs TeamSpeak vs Ventrillo.

Thread starter #11

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
For players, it seems more immediate, and that's highly valued.

It really sucks when the Devs release information in there and most people miss it because it's not mirrored here on the forums. Score: half useful.
It's been slightly harder to moderate, and some folks like that because they do individual posts that would be moderated out of existence in here. The only way to remove any part of someone's content seems to be while banning them entirely.

Discord is more secure than TS; Mumble may still be better than either but "no-one cares".

Discord for PCs via website can run in your browser, but will crash along with it. The Discord app for PC is a glorified single-purpose browser. Both of them 'want to know' everything you are playing, and what other services you may be using, and your shoe size for all I know. Unlike Mumble, it is not very open. I run it inside a sandbox.

• The game of Mortal Online currently has locational VOIP built into it, as well. In a probably futile attempt to save sanity and RL civilisation, most people seem to disable it right away.
Everything was wrong with Ventrilo, in my experience, but at least it was possible to be in more than one server's voice chat at a time. No-one uses Ventrilo / Ventrollo anymore, unless the Chinese are forcing it onto Uighurs and others in their 're-education' prisons.
Is there a list of past and present guilds?
Perhaps you are looking for the Mortal Online Chronicles? They're gone (due to controversy about backchannel access to them, oversharing, and the accuracy of their content). Some 'top' statistics are still available. @Everyone: is this current? https://www.mortalonline.com/stats/players.php

Thread starter #16
For players, it seems more immediate, and that's highly valued.

It really sucks when the Devs release information in there and most people miss it because it's not mirrored here on the forums. Score: half useful.It's been slightly harder to moderate, and some folks like that because they do individual posts that would be moderated out of existence in here. The only way to remove any part of someone's content seems to be while banning them entirely.

Discord is more secure than TS; Mumble may still be better than either but "no-one cares".

Discord for PCs via website can run in your browser, but will crash along with it. The Discord app for PC is a glorified single-purpose browser. Both of them 'want to know' everything you are playing, and what other services you may be using, and your shoe size for all I know. Unlike Mumble, it is not very open. I run it inside a sandbox.
  • The game of Mortal Online currently has locational VOIP built into it, as well. In a probably futile attempt to save sanity and RL civilisation, most people seem to disable it right away.
Everything was wrong with Ventrilo, in my experience, but at least it was possible to be in more than one server's voice chat at a time. No-one uses Ventrilo / Ventrollo anymore, unless the Chinese are forcing it onto Uighurs and others in their 're-education' prisons.
Perhaps you are looking for the Mortal Online Chronicles? They're gone (due to controversy about backchannel access to them, oversharing, and the accuracy of their content). Some 'top' statistics are still available. @Everyone: is this current?
https://www.mortalonline.com/stats/players.php
Thanks gain for taking the time to do this. :)