Add a home priest option

Thread starter #1

Yeonan

Trial Member
Please add a way to set a home priest that we can return to after dying.

One of the big time wasters is going out for an adventure, dying on the other side of the map, then having to ghost allllllll the way home.

Add a long cool down, once per day or whatever so it cant be abused.

But we need something like this to cut down on pointless time sinks.

Yeah but *snorts* What if someone is trying to banish you! *snort*. You'd be ruining a feature that is super fun.

REAL sollution, teleport to any priest list that takes 1m to teleport.

P.S. Spiritism is gay

One of the big time wasters is going out for an adventure, dying on the other side of the map, then having to ghost allllllll the way home.

I was just thinking about this. I love exploring, but yea ghosting back from Sarducca was insane the first time I was over there. It must have taken 20-30 mins, or at least it felt like it. Agreed for new players who get lost or something it would be nice have a return to bound priest option. Their automatic binding could be in their starter city. But any priest they talk to can "bind their soul" or what not.
I dont think dying to travel can be abused. The priest already offers to kill you.... and that's what it's used for.

Last edited:

Yeah but *snorts* What if someone is trying to banish you! *snort*. You'd be ruining a feature that is super fun.

REAL sollution, teleport to any priest list that takes 1m to teleport.

P.S. Spiritism is gay
I mean, I like the idea. Perhaps a two hour cool down, and in order to establish one/a link you need to trade your home priest 500 gold and one of your own heads.

And clearly, being banished would eliminate the option to home priest.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
And another nice options would be to select e.g. between the nearest three shrines. It's often stupid to think a certain shrine is the next shrine and then you come out at a shrine in the opposite direction.

Just be sure not to tell other players where your home priest is... the whack a mole crew in this game is real, and it’s not against the tos...

Really I dont see why it would need a cool down or any special costs. It should be available to everyone right out of the gate. What's the point of doing it over and over if you are just loosing reserves, or stat loss, and can't take any items. I dont do spiritism but if there's any abuse mechanic just disallow spirit boxes when returning to bound priest. It's just to get you back home and get back to doing something fun. As for stat loss there's a reason for that so it should still apply.

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before... so good luck.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I dont think dying to travel can be abused. The priest already offers to kill you.... and that's what it's used for.
Good point...
Just be sure not to tell other players where your home priest is... the whack a mole crew in this game is real, and it’s not against the tos...
... and another even nicer point.

Hypothetically, how would a bind point work versus an etherworld populated with ether MOBs as well as spiritists looking for soul-stuff to steal?

Yes pls. This game is already time sink enough, no reason for being dead and having to ghost back to be one too.

And ya if it could be abused for spirit box farming away from home just make it so that you cant do it with spirit boxes or if you do it drops them, where you were.

This is one of the main reason my wife chooses to play LiF over MO. She likes that she can go explore but always be able to get back to her home (even if empty handed).

Granted She is a pretty casual gamer but she has put many hours into both games. So there is potential for the game to attract and retain such players.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
...(T)here is potential for the game to attract and retain such players.
You are correct as usual.

If after all these years Star Vault doesn't do more about this pointless time sink, starting by announcing some plan for change but really by changing something, then I'm going to assume that from SV's point of view the long, long Dead March home has a point & a purpose-- maybe just to make 'exploring' have a bigger opportunity cost, or even to nudge players toward other activities.