Add armor weight into the calculation of swiming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Dsn

Honored Member
Title. balance it out with Str so people that go full steel plate/messing sink or people that have too low str for the weight of set sink.

Something like cap at 100 str.
With 100 you can go up to 20.99(as long as it shows 20 on the bar that is dont knew how seb doesn his + or - 1 thing) weight armor without sinking and with 10 str 5.99 weight. 70 str 10.99(non linear).

the inv bar is still separate from it but at least add it to calculation.

open to similar suggestions on this.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Man... I don't know how I feel about that suggestion.

The suggestion sounds like it might not change much because I still see plenty of people who only wear molarium plate armor which weighs around 16-17 depending on how much you slider it.

It sounds like this would work better if weapon weight applied to armor weight still.

Edited post due to not understanding Original Post.

Its hilarious to see someone swimming in a full suit of plate armor plus having a cuprum maul on his back and hes not sinking.

Yes, like I said in my other thread, these should be one of the obvious drawbacks of heavy armor: not being able to swim while using it...

I would only accept that if you remove ability of pokemons to go into water and kill people.
Water should act as GZ for reds.

That would just make like in Mortal more irritating than it has to be.

How many loops are we all going to have to jump through to please these people who are lucky if they leave the guardzone more than once a month.
You seem to like playing Heavy Armor Online a lot...

Yes, like I said in my other thread, these should be one of the obvious drawbacks of heavy armor: not being able to swim while using it...
Wait...don't we have skills for this? Diving, crawling, resistance swimming and for armor: armor training and heavy armor training? You mean to tell me that everyone can swim in plate without these skills? I thought being a thief/swimmer I would have the advantage in the water...

Hertix

Heavy armor needs SENSICAL drawbacks. Not being able to swim full speed in full metal plate would give an obvious and meaningful disadvantage to wearing heavy. I would rather have drawbacks like these than flat nerfs to speed or stamina, which would make it useless.

Heavy armor needs SENSICAL drawbacks. Not being able to swim full speed in full metal plate would give an obvious and meaningful disadvantage to wearing heavy. I would rather have drawbacks like these than flat nerfs to speed or stamina, which would make it useless.
OK OK.. I can agree with that... I dreamed of the day when my max skilled diver can loot a full plate corpse that hit an iceberg and titanic'd to the bottom of Tindrems water ways would happen..., but I understand this is not RL and needs to be a "fun game". One can dream...tho right?

Thread starter #16

Dsn

Honored Member
Wait...don't we have skills for this? Diving, crawling, resistance swimming and for armor: armor training and heavy armor training? You mean to tell me that everyone can swim in plate without these skills? I thought being a thief/swimmer I would have the advantage in the water...
Diving, crawling, resistance swimming
are the skills described to be used when naked.

armor training and heavy armor training
are skills used on land only.

Thread starter #17

Dsn

Honored Member
agree for heavy armor, but swimming doesn't require strength at all, I used to be a competitive swimmer, and I tell you, no matter the weight you can float, tho it should be more difficult if you have clothes on, you lose speed, if you have leather, you lose speed and have a bit of difficulty floating, if you use heavy armor, well, you gonna die like in a mobster movie: sleeping with the fishes

Status
Not open for further replies.