add crouch skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Trismagi

add a simple crouch skill where it lowers speed when crouching to walk speed.

Beeks

yes and please add a sneak skill so people cant hear foot steps if u are crouching :)

Bernajo

Exalted Member
May the corpse humping commence!

reavon

Gold Supporter
There's a crouch?

Please add a crouch.

reavon

Gold Supporter

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
A feature that is in almost every other game.
I know. Darkfall had it, and surprisingly nothing blew up. But you cannot argue from "what's in other games" to what should be in Mortal Online. It's been tried.

I know. Darkfall had it, and surprisingly nothing blew up. But you cannot argue from "what's in other games" to what should be in Mortal Online. It's been tried.
What was abusive on it?
Mind to let a newbie know? ;)

I also thought that a crouch function solely used for making yourself appear
smaller so you can better hide behind rocks and bushes would be fun.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
What was abusive on it?
Mind to let a newbie know? ;)

I also thought that a crouch function solely used for making yourself appear
smaller so you can better hide behind rocks and bushes would be fun.
Nothing about it was abusive in DF.

In MO, there are many objects overlapping the landscape that are transparent from within and opaque from without, and crouching would allow access to more of them, which I tend to think could never be or have been an intention. For a start.

ponyKnight

And add secondary skill in thievery for get out your weapon without any sounds.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
your right, why have features at all. lets all just stand around without moving, make sure you get rid of jumping especially - imagine how much abuse would occur!
I actually didn't say "let's not crouch", did I?

Add crouching. But don't have it effect the characters 'size' per se, but have it effect the hitboxs to simulate a size difference. Thus disallowing abuse.

ALSO: There should be a skill, secondary or not that effects how far away your tag is visible while crouched. Allowing things such as ambushes to be viable. All hail ground archers!

Add crouching. But don't have it effect the characters 'size' per se, but have it effect the hitboxs to simulate a size difference. Thus disallowing abuse.

ALSO: There should be a skill, secondary or not that effects how far away your tag is visible while crouched. Allowing things such as ambushes to be viable. All hail ground archers!
I have seen some horrifically bad ideas posted here before, but this is seriously a whole new level of self Important idiocy.

And seriously? Red max size font? Are you 12?

I have seen some horrifically bad ideas posted here before, but this is seriously a whole new level of self Important idiocy.

And seriously? Red max size font? Are you 12?

I wanted it to get noticed.

Apparently it worked.

And how exactly is my idea bad? This game is enough like skyrim already, why not add an ability to avoid your tag popping up when a cursor is on it out to a certain distance depending on your skill level in 'hiding' or whatever you want to call it.

It would really only come into play if you're in a bush or something. It adds immersion. Without negatively effecting game play whatsoever.

I wanted undeserved attention.
Apparently it worked.

And how exactly is my idea bad? This game is enough like skyrim already, which is somehow relevant, so why not add an absolutely pointless ability to avoid your tag popping up when a cursor is on it out to a certain distance, because I like to think it would do something.

It would really only come into play if you're in a bush or something where you can't be tabbed in the first place, and would definatively not be a pain in the ass during the rest of the game. It adds immersion, because when someone is staring you in the face at a distance you can't see them if the are good at "hiding". Without negatively effecting game play whatsoever, except when people spam toggle it In combat and you can't tell where theere hitboxes are.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
ALSO: There should be a skill, secondary or not that effects how far away your tag is visible while crouched. Allowing things such as ambushes to be viable.
First, there should be programming or performance of some kind in the game that makes certain that tags are visible at some reasonable minimum distance from the viewer without any such skill. Baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.