An unusual quit thread - and a Teamspeak Tourist request

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongRips

Al gore really fucked us when he invented the internet

Zeeraha

Do friends who play Countrestrike in a LAN network have to be angry at each other to have fun? I think not. I personally enjoy shooting people, then going GG and moving on to the next battle. Rather than getting all pissed, calling people names, and dedicating the next 3 months of my life to destroying the guild of the person who just killed me in Tindrem garden.
Obviously you never played Starcraft, there was always a quarrel after I played with some acquaintances, but people would mostly be mad at their own teammembers :D

Rillas

Do friends who play Countrestrike in a LAN network have to be angry at each other to have fun? I think not. I personally enjoy shooting people, then going GG and moving on to the next battle. Rather than getting all pissed, calling people names, and dedicating the next 3 months of my life to destroying the guild of the person who just killed me in Tindrem garden.
This behaviour comes forth from the excitement of killing one in the heatest of battle, battles where people think they outclass one another just by defeating them in a virtual game. Some are mature enough to keep their emotions in check after a victory or loss, some just burst out in harassing and flaming behaviour, possibly tied to age or immaturity..

I believe this is something of all times though, perhaps more present in full loot games where you lose more then just a few seconds waiting to respawn at home base to give it another shot.

In games like this it's unavoidable to have a part of the community that's really into competitive PvP'ing where this type of behaviour occurs. It's just something I've learned to ignore while I'm busy playing my own game, which is the beauty of a 'sandbox' type MMO.

Really though, while you have valid arguments about the 'shit' part of the community, I'd really hate to see if this is going to be the reason that made you leave this game. Like you said, plenty of equally minded people to play with. I already count four people in this thread that would have liked to play with you, me included.

Thread starter #24
It was unavoidable. I took steps to get away from it by changing guild and location, then got dragged right back in. :mad: If I do play again in the future, I'll probably stay indie.

Rillas

It was unavoidable. I took steps to get away from it by changing guild and location, then got dragged right back in. :mad: If I do play again in the future, I'll probably stay indie.
That's possibly the reason why I'm unguilded aswell.

I interact with who I want to, when I want to and where I want to, without being under guild watch about who's supposed to be my ally or enemy. I'm part of MTU who has players from all sort of guilds, the reason I can get along with any of them is because we share similar interest, regardless of guild affiliations. While casually roleplaying, selling Lykiators and exploring I meet players I like and get along with, ignoring the guild tag below their name.

Pherion

Trial Member
well i agree with you on the CS part or any form of smalscale pvp. It would be really nice if people could keep their anger in check when its just some guys roaming looking for casual pvp. But i don't think much people would go through the effort of preparing and staying up all night to siege a keep just to have some fun. You get some fun hopefully anyway but you often have some issue with the people you are siegeing.

what im saying is flameing and trashtalk cant be erased completely, but should be lowerd ALOT.

KhajiTtaz

Join the thievesGuild we dont like drama

Vaith

You get to make these type of threads when you only just started the game 5 months ago?

eldrath

Drama, politics and grudges are part of what makes MO unique. Of course we could just kill each every day and say GG. Then throw in some crafting/roleplaying in between, so we get to call MO a RPG.

Also people get "angry" because they invested time into the pixels. If they loose them in a forceful manner without having a say. I don´t know anyone who goes out to PvP and would get angry if he dies. Pissed because he fucked up maybe. Personally I only get angry at myself if I make stupid mistakes. All the rest is cool.

arfus1

Your welcome to hang out in our TS if ya want ... we arnt pvpers but every so often we take a break from our preperations on the Trade centre to go do a dungeon or have a (usually one way ) adventure :) in fact most are welcome to drop by particularly crafters and traders .
We hang out in the NTC channel of the MO pub TS

Allastar

to go do a dungeon or have a (usually one way ) adventure :)
And here I was thinking I just brought you guys bad luck every time I decided to join in on group runs since my adventures were almost always one way.

To the op, at least check out the next major patch. Been waiting for the armor and character rehaul for a while now.

ird

Silver Supporter
Yay for counterstrike!
Brb quakenet.

Resin

Good luck. I expect you'll return after some time in other games.

Thread starter #35
Drama, politics and grudges are part of what makes MO unique. Of course we could just kill each every day and say GG. Then throw in some crafting/roleplaying in between, so we get to call MO a RPG.

Also people get "angry" because they invested time into the pixels. If they loose them in a forceful manner without having a say. I don´t know anyone who goes out to PvP and would get angry if he dies. Pissed because he fucked up maybe. Personally I only get angry at myself if I make stupid mistakes. All the rest is cool.
You can't possibly understand the particular situation I am referring to, and that's cool. I can't, and don't want to describe in detail what is bugging the heck out of me, but it's not just people being angry at each other.

Well shoot.

But a fair word of warning: Those 'butthurt' disrespectful etceteras will be in every game. Especially the ones with free to play option, because chances are quite a few of em are kids with no income and too much internet time and the anonymity to vent all their pubescent frustrations at everyone in all directions.

Zergi

i almost forgot

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE GUTTERSNIPES!

davor242

Gold Supporter
If playing MO affects you negatively - it really says more about yourself than anything else.

Good luck in real life.

Zergi

If playing MO affects you negatively - it really says more about yourself than anything else.
yup imo this means u take "games" to serious sure the ones u complain about do that too, but it seems u too (pointing at OT)

After taking a nice long break, I've decided not to return to the game in the forseeable future. I don't know if anyone shares my sentiments, but the bugs don't bother me all that much. I'm not bored of the game, and was still satisfied with the available content. I don't mind griefers or surprise PvP anywhere, and generally laugh at dying. I'm going to stay subscribed on my accounts because I believe SV deserves all the support they can get, and I look forward to seeing what else they come up with, even if it is at a very slow pace.

What bothers me is seeing people butthurt over the game left and right. Shit talk, lack of respect for fellow gamers, inability to see the game as just a hobby to be shared with friends online. Immense amounts of drama, with conflicts people take so personal that they have to behave like 5 year old children, even when I know they're actually pretty mature otherwise, and cool people to talk to. Inability to just let go of a conflict, and say GG, thanks for the fight, then move on rather than dedicate time and energy towards making group XY quit the game. I dislike the whole "anti noob" attitude and scrub calling, as well. Whatever is wrong with being a new player? Some of those new players might be among the server's best PvPers in the future. Calling someone a scrub doesn't make you look superior and more competent, if that's the Intention behind it.

Seriously... what the hell?

We're all in this together. There's some carebears in so-called "griefer guilds", and some dedicated PvPers in guilds that are considered blue newbs. Some red players are possibly 30 year old scientists in real life, married at with kids, who wouldn't mind sharing a real life beer with the naked tamer they just killed. The blue player that was just called a noob scrub might develop a cure to cancer in 10 years.

I've tried just playing this game with friends. It's not working. They're killing each other and, worse, getting butthurt or angry about it. I can't just organize a dungeon run with all the players I met on MO that I really like. Some of them would rather spend months plotting how to kick the other group out of the game, than do a dungeon together and find out that there's some really cool people in that group. I can't find any guild to join where everyone has the same views on playing MO as I do, relaxed, just fun, and GG after being killed. Bonus points if such a group existed that was truly active.

A lot of friends have left, as well. I'm pretty sure some of them were as sick of drama as I am.

Here's the deal. I'd like to visit various TS servers with cool people on them that agree with me that the world of Nave isn't black and white. I'll also remain active on the forums, without any gloom and doom Quitter talk, promised. ;) Online games are all about meeting cool fellow gamers to share the experience with. In my opinion, anyway. If you'd like me to visit your TS server, send me the info and let me know when abouts it is most active. I don't spy out of principle, but if you're worried about it anyway, invite me at a time you're not doing anything secret or sensitive.

Some special thanks for 4 fun months to, in no particular order:

Arikashi, I'll always <3 you girl (and also the unforgettable singing).
Kisses, for the unforgettable singing on TS
Diphrael, for visiting my TS to talk to me when I asked, without any need for puppy eyes, and for all those enjoyable and insightful forum posts
Superasia, despite not talking to me on TS when I asked with big puppy eyes, and teaching me everything about breeding lizards
Rolls, for... I don't know how to describe it. Just gotta love the man.
Aidankyros, for the best week of my MO career, and being so much more mature, reasonable, and overall awesome than the extremist anti-PvP crowd believes him to be. Also, amazing leader.
Valdhir, for proving that "Carebear" players can have teeth and be respectful towards anyone. Just look at all those red kills, and holy cow, he's actually as new to the game as I am.
Tuhtram, my secret love*, for his boundless creative intellect, wisdom and insight. Also, just look at those forum posts. I don't even need to read them to want to attach a winner tag every time.
Rillas, who I'd totally want to be friends with if I was actually playing the game. He just gives off that "cool person who agrees it's just a game" vibe.
Godkin, for reminding me that I roleplay and write stories, sometimes.

*don't tell him, I'd flush horribly.

I feel you, I am one of the rough talking fuckers, but I still find it pretty correct, what this guy/girl's saying...

My problem with MO comes from an old tale actually, I've being in the "community" a bit before the beta release if I am not mistaken, and I was one of the top suggestion motha fuckars for this game, which was the only of 2(other being DFO) that could fill what I find a really worthy MMO(Player skill based PvP and combat, sandbox, possibility of constructing cities, houses, and even societies, possibility to create quests for other people out of the blue, possibility to be a craftsman only, completely out of combat, and so forth)

But then I've returned this very month to find the game completely destroyed by over-griefing, lack of respect to the other players game-style, lack of will from the community to improve and tons of destroying changes that killed any sort of balance this game possibly achieved along the way...

Meaning: Devs have let me down big time, community doesn't make me feel welcome, but worse, make me disgusted by it's "common behavior" style... There are cool ppl, yes, but I've never had a chance to play with them cuz I was stuck in Trindemere(or whatever it is called) due to excessive RPK... In the end I see this community unworthy, and the game itself ruined, I would never pay for it cuz I believe it'll die in less then 5 years, yet, it has 3 years and still looks like a beta game striving for Greenlight on Steam... I don't invest money on the dead, it's just like throwing it out the window, that's about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.