Answer why there is so much RPK

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF!? It's a sandbox- and not a WoW-arena-for-carebears-Game. Get the f*** out of here with your qq threads about rpk.

It is MO. If you can't defence yourself here, you will die.
Not only RPK players can kill you. Red players is fair players. They just kill. They want for fight. They kill you because they want to kill, because you can have some goods with you. They killing you, you give murder count to them.

With reds players all fair, no shit. They just come to kill you. Nothing else. So fight them. If you scared to fight-you have nice place like guard zone for that.
^100% true story. Be a GZ-Warrior and stay behind guards or learn to fight and roam around Nave.

I would like to see a 'no man's land' where you cant get a MC and all the best resources are. Like in EVE, the more risk, the more gain.
This makes more sense. Just create a PvP-hotspot.

WTF!? It's a sandbox- and not a WoW-arena-for-carebears-Game. Get the f*** out of here with your qq threads about rpk.

^100% true story. Be a GZ-Warrior and stay behind guards or learn to fight and roam around Nave.

Only reason to disagree with such a change is if you are one of the baddies and feel like you're gonna have to stop being an Ahole, that seems like progress, you should be happy!
;)

Thread starter #23

Zeeraha

Man, it is only suggestion to reduce pontless RPK, not eliminating RPK, adding some ranking systems that can work on players psyche. It is known old trick that commercially works, and SV needs more subs. Ingame rulesets would remain the same.

Thread starter #24

Zeeraha

you talk pretty mate, tho have you ever studied game design? in this case the most probable thing they're going to do is add teleport, not much one can do about that, just to leave the player to walk in by his own would take tons of worthless coding, waste of time and would open doors for exploits and glitches, also there's no such thing as "WoW" like, games are games, they have limits, one must understand that before bashing, WoW's 6 or 7 years older then MO project(PROJECT), so don't bash the game just because you don't like it, it's still the most successful MMO in history, personal taste doesn't count when it comes to quality and popularity(tho MO doesn't strive for popularity at all, but they seem to be backing on that since they're having a hard time with money)
Yea, I agree it is easy to teleport people in Arena. But when players are inside, difficult part comes, how many spectators can watch the match, and are spectators allowed to move. How will you code which yours equipment and items is allowed to enter the arena since all equipment has many attributes with different numbers, unlike other MMOs which use equipment from items taken from predefined sets. One simple solution is to apply lootbag script on players, store loot in some chest and offer player second chest from which one can pick set items before a fight. During the fight, you must implement new flagging rules, detecting who won the match and by which score.

All summed up, one must code the Arena from scratch, and design the Arena level from zero, or take current arena and make it instanced, which does not comply to current game concept.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Man, it is only suggestion to reduce pontless RPK, not eliminating RPK, adding some ranking systems that can work on players psyche. It is known old trick that commercially works, and SV needs more subs. Ingame rulesets would remain the same.
Isn't going to reduce rpk. I'm sure some would be interested, but personally, I could care less about arena pvp. I like to go out and hunt and hopefully get a good random fight. I hated (though I was fairly successful) arenas in wow and could care less about having them in MO. Most of the ppl that pvp are out looking for ganks anyhow, not actual pvp. Otherwise, they'd be fighting each other and not miners and such.

Isn't going to reduce rpk. I'm sure some would be interested, but personally, I could care less about arena pvp. I like to go out and hunt and hopefully get a good random fight. I hated (though I was fairly successful) arenas in wow and could care less about having them in MO. Most of the ppl that pvp are out looking for ganks anyhow, not actual pvp. Otherwise, they'd be fighting each other and not miners and such.

In a IRL insight over psychology that's the behavior of weak people, and there are treatment for that kind of psychological distortion, tho a game is a good way to vent, not all agree with it. You can vent, yes, as long as it doesn't invade the space of others, in resume MO is an monkey anarchy state right now, it shouldn't simply because that will drag the whole company into bankruptcy soon or later... It keeps too many people away from the game, as far as it got, they are already sinking with it...

EDIT: sorry for the double posting...
As for those wondering, I am just sticking around cuz I know if this games fail chances are that we are never going to see a sandbox MMO with potential for a looong time, all AAA companies are tending on doing crap money grabbers nowadays, even TES Online's fated to be a failure, the why and how I won't discuss here since it requires knowledge on communication academic studies and entertainment not to cound Game Design...
This game is my last hope of seeing something I actually can like in an MMO...

Please keep your babble out of here as if you are some medical professional. I study psychology as well and you are talking out of your ass. This is a game. Play the game how you like and understand others will do the same. Leave the analyzing to the licensed.
well, your funeral bro, if you can't understand where I stand, you are either too dumb or way too addicted into your monopolized vision of things, either way, any MMO is a micro-society/community, if you don't work to keep that flowing well, it's fated to be destroyed...

Bernajo

Exalted Member
well, your funeral bro, if you can't understand where I stand, you are either too dumb or way too addicted into your monopolized vision of things, either way, any MMO is a micro-society/community, if you don't work to keep that flowing well, it's fated to be destroyed...

This is free world, I am happy with whatever it becomes, good or bad. Mr psychology is quick to throw insults when confronted eh? ;)

As you said:

"In a IRL insight over psychology that's the behavior of weak people"

Good day.

This is free world, I am happy with whatever it becomes, good or bad. Mr psychology is quick to throw insults when confronted eh? ;)

As you said:

"In a IRL insight over psychology that's the behavior of weak people"

Good day.
? the logical sense this reply had was the same as a 8 year old drawing under laugh gas effect

Bernajo

Exalted Member
? the logical sense this reply had was the same as a 8 year old drawing under laugh gas effect
Sorry that i enjoy the freedom of the sandbox. But whatever man, toss more insults cause no one is buying your middle school guidance counselor psychology bull. Take care. Feel free to have the last word if you like, I'm done with ya.

Sorry that i enjoy the freedom of the sandbox. But whatever man, toss more insults cause no one is buying your middle school guidance counselor psychology bull. Take care. Feel free to have the last word if you like, I'm done with ya.
We are all grown ups in this shit, we are all around the same age, y not keep it friendly and try to think about our opinions before saying shit?

It's completely wrong to defend what you are defending for countless reasons. I've poked you with a light finger and you've started throwing punches, I am not your enemy, I'm just a random guy behind a computer talking shit cuz I want a game that I can actually find fun, but then again there are people spoiling the fun for the sake of some hidden psychopathy they vent out in a game, cuz they're either too scared or don't have strength to confront and change it or simply because they fear the "ALL SEEING-EYE", ridiculous...

Diphling

The Desperado
To be fair an arena would be 1 more tool for the sandbox, but it would not stop PKing. The only thing that could really slow it down would be incentivizing NOT killing newbies, and encouraging cooperation amongst players.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
To be fair an arena would be 1 more tool for the sandbox, but it would not stop PKing. The only thing that could really slow it down would be incentivizing NOT killing newbies, and encouraging cooperation amongst players.

I don't mind if they add it. I don't personally care for it. I am sure some would.

I just don't think it would slow down RPK.

Real Answers to why RPK and blablabla - it adds a bit of history on this kind of game, change is needed, and it is needless to say, facts are there pointing for it. Devs either turn the car around or it'll be really nasty what's to come, in my days of UO I had blasts of fun simply because I was playing with friends and we were all skilled enough to pwn every single retarded griefer on sight, sometimes we would lose, of course, but it was something between 8 wins for 2 losses...

Anyway, I have plenty of ideas on rule sets that could fix the griefing in a way it pleases both sides, fanatics have already expressed themselves quite harshly on one of the ideas, altho they do not discuss it openly cuz deep down they know it would work for better...

For them I say what is written in this topic I've linked: Wolves need Sheep, for that the game needs to be fun for other type of players

For the "sheep" I say: grow a bone and start bringin in mind that you can and will have to know ways to defend yourselves, through RULE SETS...

ponyKnight

Why that guys always bitching about "how make life better" and always making all worster?

apat

I always thought the RPKing was just due to the large amount of awkward teenagers playing this game.

Thread starter #38

Zeeraha

I always thought the RPKing was just due to the large amount of awkward teenagers playing this game.

I too get the impression. But I would say that griefers are the mindset deviant teenagers, and I try to convince myself that RPKers are just really good roleplayers, roleplaying psychotic rage murderers.

Thread starter #39

Zeeraha

Seriously, IMO by implementing global ranking system, SV can create better player retention, since incentive is created to compete with other players by symbolic rewards + captured loot, it can be a perfect combination. Why do people play Battlefield types of multiplayer games, they don't get any direct rewards, or maybe temporary boost in weapons? People play this to win a match, to be on top of the ranks, to actually be aware that they are good at something. Implementation of this could prove quite technically cheap feature for SV. It only exists as Mortal Chronicles, but it is not in game.

Why do we fight this war?
GWTBW.jpg

... fanatics have already expressed themselves quite harshly on one of the ideas ...
That, Helvede, is the representative example of the veterans, who compose core of this game player base.)

It is dominated by griefers and I always said should have subtitle: Griefers Paradise. Unfortunately, this game is tied to this player base and is favoured by likeminded people for being griefers paradise, so it mostly attracts and retains them before any other type of players. It is the trap, the developers are in. They can't ignore demands of veterans becourse they have very small player base and veterans are the core of it. And they can't widen player base because griefers spook away newcomers. Free-to-play main role is to supply griefers with enough prey and currently it seems to keep the game from dieing. But in the end it will be this game's death -- they will wipe out and scare away everyone and quit the game themselves once left without prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.