Answer why there is so much RPK

Status
Not open for further replies.
To satisfy players bloodlust and to bring more opportunities for PvP there should be introduced global noneguild factions and wars between them should be organised as events are now.

I propose to introduce Khurites and tindremits factions who rival over control of towns and land. Players can become citizens of one of this states and participate in battles on its side. Soldires (or all citizens) of the faction can kill soldires (or citizens) of the other without murdercounts. Big battles and town sieges are planned by committees of generals from the ranks of PvP fighters (or elected players), who control military related resources and plan wars. There must be sieges of Tindrem and Moryn Khur with following wiping out of their inhabitants in case of successfull storms as big events. Maybe a system of capturable control points in the form of forts (or castles) to fight over and to mark each sides progress in war.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
To satisfy players bloodlust and to bring more opportunities for PvP there should be introduced global noneguild factions and wars between them should be organised as events are now.

I propose to introduce Khurites and tindremits factions who rival over control of towns and land. Players can become citizens of one of this states and participate in battles on its side. Soldires (or all citizens) of the faction can kill soldires (or citizens) of the other without murdercounts. Big battles and town sieges are planned by committees of generals from the ranks of PvP fighters (or elected players), who control military related resources and plan wars. There must be sieges of Tindrem and Moryn Khur with following wiping out of their inhabitants in case of successfull storms as big events. Maybe a system of capturable control points in the form of forts (or castles) to fight over and to mark each sides progress in war.
Not going to happen.

This is a sandbox, we make our own clans and do what we like. If you guys can't wrap your head around that concept, then Elder Scrolls online may have something for you if you want to capture points and shit.

Fizzdar

...because MO lacks system that can rank PvPers and make matchmaking.

PvPers now can only roam around map, searching for PvP involvement, most of the time no one interesting comes by and only target left are defenceless players who are just traversing between towns.

TC could help with this as guilds being large PvP targets, but MO still lacks system for single players and small groups can find adequate adversaries. Arena or some battleground could help with this, but simple ranking system could help also where you get more points by killing player that has also killed other different players. Only players that have killed other different PvPers gain most points.

This would move incentive from collecting murdercount to collecting renown points. More honor would be gained if powerful player was killed.
Because there's no PVE content.

Not going to happen.

This is a sandbox, we make our own clans and do what we like. If you guys can't wrap your head around that concept, then Elder Scrolls online may have something for you if you want to capture points and shit.
I don't propose to prohibit your guilds. I propose to introduce factions with their own armies separated from any guilds. And capturable castles as control points.

And you don't have much to do except riding around and slaying everything that moves or fight with other guilds anyway.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
I don't propose to prohibit your guilds. I propose to introduce factions with their own armies separated from any guilds. And capturable castles as control points.

And you don't have much to do except riding around and slaying everything that moves or fight with other guilds anyway.
And I don't think such systems belong in MO.

Despite most thinking I rpk all day, there is plenty to do in MO.

I enjoy exploring new routes in the mountains, taming ( somewhat) or attempting to improve weapon recipes. I host my own prizefights for rewards, which I hope to expand into a more organized PLAYER RUN team arena (hopefully with betting) and I've done some image consulting work for kubalay in and out of game for gold.

Lol, it's a bit wacky, but the sandbox is what you make it. Have some imagination. I don't really care for developer/GM involvement on the things I do in MO. The freedom is what keeps me here.

Thread starter #46

Zeeraha

I like the idea that there is a general Lore setting inside MO that puts two sides at war, which IMO is already set by MO lore that Tindremes and Khurites are rivals. I there are organised battles over some towns, people may join or ignore the campaign, players from both sides could even enter both capitals if they didn't officially join the troops. Only after players join the campaign of either side, they are prone to be grey flagged in opposing territory.

Not going to happen.

Well, I partially agree with you. But guild can always stay neutral to empires and create their empires, just like now. Or they can join one side if they like. IMO, this empire battle idea is only to provide additional content and it is not in collision with sandbox concept. Sill, to be hones, I don't believe SV will pull trough that kind of idea having 2 empires, either because they don't want to or because they technically cannot do it.

And I don't think such systems belong in MO(...)

(...)Lol, it's a bit wacky, but the sandbox is what you make it. Have some imagination. I don't really care for developer/GM involvement on the things I do in MO. The freedom is what keeps me here.

Not going to take away your freedom, it's just more to do with a functional system on it's back and a new excuse for people to play the game...

I can't call RPK playing a game when you are the one getting your ass wiped, not a fair competition, not a balanced and fair dispute, guy either runs away, dies or kills, and his choices don't count there, he is forced to do that because another player wants it. “Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.” and that's how I see it, really, not everyone joins aware of every single detail of the game, people sometimes don't even know there's so much RPK, and still they stick to the game up to that point, log off, uninstall and start flaming the game for all it's worth, because it is unfair, most MMOs are, any kind of "favor someone for being playing longer" is stupid, the experience of gameplay acquired by playing it and getting to the top of the learning curve are already more then enough rewards...

Have you ever studied Game Design? If you do you'll see that what you stand for most of the time, with RPK system and shit, is only going to forcefully kill any game. You are being too narrow-minded mate, only thing I've seen you doing so far was disagree with everyone and everything with either really awkward and invalid or completely contradictory arguments.

Nothing against you, I just can't quite understand your positioning once you've said you study psychology, bringing up concepts of commune and try to actually improve things is what I would expect from someone from that area, not raise flags and rally's to keep them as they are(because they are bad, might not be bad for you, but SV will go bankrupt if it stays this way), doing so is the same shit conservative political parties tried to do over and over along history, some lost territory, some lost their lives, some lost control over their population, in the end they all fucked up and ended up losing something, it's just how the world goes...

EDIT: but then again, if we give cookies for those, who don't want to RPK, they'll eventually agree with the "Hunt" because it'll be adding up challenges to them and not forcefully bringing everyone to the same play-style... RPK bored me hard in so many games(me being the "hunter"), and that's one of the main reasons I don't want to keep playing this game, because I either go for that or I have nothing else to do in it, it's just way too limited because of people, which makes the game not be a true Sandbox...

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Sorry hel, if you are replying to me, then you should know I put you on ignore after our back and forth the other day. I can only take so much of the recent newb rubbish and your psychobabble about ppl who rpk. I only figured it is you because I only have like three ppl on that list. Your false-consensus bias doesnt help either. Lo siento amigo.

Because there's no PVE content.
Fizz is actually correct here. Pve is a joke and not worth doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.