Any reason why Haven is locked to first toon per account???

Thread starter #1

Sinraw

I just got screwed today cause I accidentally logged into my main not knowing that you can only make FIRST characters on haven... I just don't get it. People are going to make alts anyway, and there is clearly a way to get past the F2P limit blocker. There should be a work around for this. One that doesn't involve whats probably against the rules.

...There should be a work around for this. One that doesn't involve whats probably against the rules.
The "workaround" to logging in several accounts is called subbing an account. ;)
However, I agree that it's stupid that only the first toon per account can join the island...

Teknique

I actually don't hate the idea. It reduces the amount of vets in haven.

I just got screwed today cause I accidentally logged into my main not knowing that you can only make FIRST characters on haven... I just don't get it. People are going to make alts anyway, and there is clearly a way to get past the F2P limit blocker. There should be a work around for this. One that doesn't involve whats probably against the rules.
I agree. Your stream is probably a good example of how many current players are going to be effected by this.

It is frustrating that it is so difficult to access content we had to wait over a year for. I had already subbed accounts for me and my wife in anticipation of deleting some characters for the island. Lucky I had not actually deleted any yet.

To me it does not even seem worth the trouble of making yet another account. It would just waste my f2p login if I did not sub it. And it would be a waste to sub it with only one character slot since all of my other accounts I could sub have all slots open.

I could see how many players that have already invested in the game could feel like they are getting the finger here. It seems like SV would want this to be more open to returning players.

I hope this is just an issue they are having and it will be quickly addressed.

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Yes, it's not intended, we want everyone to be able to create a character on the Island if they want to, not to be forced to make a new account.
We are working on it.

Yes, it's not intended, we want everyone to be able to create a character on the Island if they want to, not to be forced to make a new account.
We are working on it.
Thanks for confirming that Herius!

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Damn I can't believe I deleted all my fucking toons to remake
Even the simple-minded one that did nothing but spurt on himself all day until paid to go away? He was a colourful character and beloved in Tindrem's banks and other echoing spaces-- he will be missed.

Theodosius

How do these issues make it through play testing ? Did nobody try to log into the game lol

Thread starter #11

Sinraw

How do these issues make it through play testing ? Did nobody try to log into the game lol
That could be a few lines of code mistyped. Stuff like this happens to me all the time at work. I don't blame em, just glad it's getting fixed and wasn't intentional :^)

Theodosius

That could be a few lines of code mistyped. Stuff like this happens to me all the time at work. I don't blame em, just glad it's getting fixed and wasn't intentional :^)
I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I’m just wondering how it made it through. By simply logging into the game on any preexisting account, you would’ve encountered this bug.

Speznat

We are working on it.
when it will happen?
more chars would be awesome xD

Roranicus

@Herius This problem is driving away people from the game by the day. I talked to people who were coming back and even who had subbed and deleted a character to check it out. Hope it is top priority and I hope it isn't too late for those I talked to. (Except 1 guy who refunded his sub already.) :(

They don't want vets on Haven at least not right away this is deliberate. Pretty much everything SV does at this point is testing for MO2. They want to see how actual new players respond.

When Mortal Royal had it's brief moment in time most players who were subbed did not get an early access invite. Because new players would have been totally out classed and quit the game.

Costumer appreciation is lost on SV :p

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
They don't want vets on Haven at least not right away this is deliberate. Pretty much everything SV does at this point is testing for MO2. They want to see how actual new players respond.
I believe more than 50% of the active players on Haven are vets like me and other guild mates playing on new f2p accounts and waiting for the fix to move a new character on a subscribed account to the island.

Tehmudjin

When Mortal Royal had it's brief moment in time most players who were subbed did not get an early access invite. Because new players would have been totally out classed and quit the game.

Another bunch of unfounded conspiracy theories. Stop making things up please.

It is clear that they was aware of this issue when they released since it is described as working that way on the steam news page.

So it was released with them knowing though they state that it was not intended. This leads me to believe that there may not be an easy fix for it so they released it this way. Or they did plan it this way and did not consider how it would effect current players/subscribers.

What ever the reasons where, I am glad to hear that they are working on correcting it.

Last edited: