Apartments in Tindrem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Ithildur

Silver Supporter
Hello,

was riding past all the nice houses up to the hill of the schola and was again sad, that so many areas in tindrem are empty because they don't have anything in it. (That's probably why all the vendors went there to sell their stuff)
Just to put that idea somewhere (maybe suggested before)
-Add some doors to these houses so you can enter them (don't know if they have an inside, maybe they are just boxes)
-Give a chest to each apartement, so owners can store some stuff
-a building could contain more than one, doors should be accessible seperately

Who can get an apartment?
Noone should have a totally safe apartement in a city that he can keep forever. This would result in people buying out the rooms and then keeping them forever. Bad.

What do you need to get an apartement?
-they cost gold upkeep
-to get an apartement in Tindrem you need to have a certain Sophistication, the tindremic noblemen won't let you live there if you eat with your fingers.
-The tindremic noblemen want the most sophisticated people to live in their city! People with much higher sophistication should be able to push others out of their apartement.
-pushed out characters should have 2-3 days to grab their stuff (could be moved automatically to an npc aswell, like the postman)
-the most sophisticated characters will be able to own the prettiest houses further up the hill. The houses in Tindrem will be a sort of a sophistication ranking and a status symbol with some benefits for sophisticated characters.

I wouldn't add too much benefit to the houses, maybe a place to have a storage right next to a workbench for example. It should add more meaning to sophistication, add the need to be the most sophisticated, give more importance to complicated food, add another money sink and of course add the awesome option to own a villa in tindrem.

I hope I covered most of the idea, of course it need mechanics to avoid people getting thrown out of their apartement every 2 days, also it should not be possible to just farm up sophistication in some easy way. I have no idea what increases Sophistication (except complicated food) right now, but there should be more than way.
what do you think?

Elghorn

Has been suggested before, but still is an awesome suggestion for making Tindrem feel less empty.

wow this is an awesome idea. I dont want a house at all but one of these i would buy

Has been suggested before, but still is an awesome suggestion for making Tindrem feel less empty.
Yeah It was discussed for like 20 pages in some awakening suggestions thread like a week after awakening hit... Can't find the thread tho :( I was ganna link it if I found it.

The main idea in the thread was hollow out some of the buildings around tindrem residential looking areas, put placks & doors on them & zone them for trespassing just like normal houses & there would be like a realestate npc somewhere in tindrem that you would lease the property from for like a month at a time or something.

The thread got a lot of attention from the community, but I don't think many things were noted by sv because they had just released awakening and were fixing things like madmen.

If people are supposed to be able to live their entire lives in Tindrem I think leasing out property would be pretty cool, especially with the cosmetic house update that will hopefully come sometime in the next year(being optimistic...).

Only thing I don't agree with is it being based off of sophistication, because for the life of me, I can't figure out how to raise it. I sat around on my cook a few weeks ago eating like 1000 units, 1 unit at a time, of food that had the sophistication bar at half & when I checked the db the next day I hadn't gained a single point.

Thread starter #5

Ithildur

Silver Supporter
Yeah It was discussed for like 20 pages in some awakening suggestions thread like a week after awakening hit... Can't find the thread tho :( I was ganna link it if I found it.

The main idea in the thread was hollow out some of the buildings around tindrem residential looking areas, put placks & doors on them & zone them for trespassing just like normal houses & there would be like a realestate npc somewhere in tindrem that you would lease the property from for like a month at a time or something.

The thread got a lot of attention from the community, but I don't think many things were noted by sv because they had just released awakening and were fixing things like madmen.

If people are supposed to be able to live their entire lives in Tindrem I think leasing out property would be pretty cool, especially with the cosmetic house update that will hopefully come sometime in the next year(being optimistic...).

Only thing I don't agree with is it being based off of sophistication, because for the life of me, I can't figure out how to raise it. I sat around on my cook a few weeks ago eating like 1000 units, 1 unit at a time, of food that had the sophistication bar at half & when I checked the db the next day I hadn't gained a single point.
I am well aware that the apartement in Tindrem thing has been discussed before, not sure if it was in the context with sophistication as a requirement, and that living in the noble area is a race for sophistication.
If someone figured out, or if it was clear to everyone how to raise sophistication (buy fluff for example) this wouldn't be too bad at all imo.
I would look at it as an expensive minigame/RP-game for people that want to play a nobleman.

Mordon

Gold Supporter
what you mean play at being a nobleman, i am a nobleman, and sometimes feel like being a noble woman as well, when wife not at home

I think a more simple idea would be better,
the greater the sophistication the better apartment/town house you could lease in a better nieborhood.
After all why would nobals be living in the slums?
this idea of townhouses or apartments could be used in all citys imo and would be inexpensive to implement

Zergi

the greater the sophistication the better apartment/town house you could lease in a better nieborhood.
this idea of townhouses or apartments could be used in all citys imo and would be inexpensive to implement
that would be some use for sophistication atleast besides just titles. Maybe special tindremic wardrobe too :p

Sirsancho

I like it, but no the cfrating table.

Thread starter #10

Ithildur

Silver Supporter
I agree that higher sophistication should give you access to better houses, but even in Tindrem your apartment shouldn't be 100 percent safe. Maybe you can hire the apartment for a week (month), some days before it runs out, other people can apply for the apartment aswell, the one with the highest sophistication gets it the next month. If an apartment is free, the "auction" starts with the first bid on it and will run out 2-3 days later.
Like this you know when your apartment is safely in your hands and when you have to worry about it. To keep the apartment you have you have to keep a high sophistication level, i.e. do exclusive and expensive stuff with your character, buy molva schnitzel etc.

Golgotha

As the most sophisticated man on Nave, I support this idea!

I agree that higher sophistication should give you access to better houses, but even in Tindrem your apartment shouldn't be 100 percent safe. Maybe you can hire the apartment for a week (month), some days before it runs out, other people can apply for the apartment aswell, the one with the highest sophistication gets it the next month. If an apartment is free, the "auction" starts with the first bid on it and will run out 2-3 days later.
Like this you know when your apartment is safely in your hands and when you have to worry about it. To keep the apartment you have you have to keep a high sophistication level, i.e. do exclusive and expensive stuff with your character, buy molva schnitzel etc.
Agreed it shouldnt be safe as is the same in RL
and I really think they could implement it where you really wouldnt need to have things like auctions
Simple systems are best because if you wanted to see it implemented sooner then later you would want fewer details and then perhaps later things could be added on.

I am well aware that the apartement in Tindrem thing has been discussed before, not sure if it was in the context with sophistication as a requirement, and that living in the noble area is a race for sophistication.
If someone figured out, or if it was clear to everyone how to raise sophistication (buy fluff for example) this wouldn't be too bad at all imo.
I would look at it as an expensive minigame/RP-game for people that want to play a nobleman.
Didn't mean to thread jack or anything I was just stating a few things that had already been discussed in a very similar thread.

The sophistication idea is growing on me tho. With a few different districts it would be cool; slums/lower-class; docks/working-class; suburbs/upper-class; inner-city/middle-class(by the main bank/grave yard).

Agreed it shouldnt be safe as is the same in RL
You should need to make a key to unlock your door & chest just like any other house. That would make you check your 4-7 before opening your door.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Two-thirds of my MO-induced multiple personalities are horrified at the thought that nothing would prevent members of Certain Other Races from moving in next door.

Money and sophistication don't automatically make for good neighbours.

Think I'll just keep looking for a gated community with some form of "Gentleman's Agreement" in effect.

got a macro for this one?
If my memory isn't failing me Valkyria was one of the people FOR the idea back in the other thread. :D Might not happen for a year or 2 but it never hurts to discuss things... especially with the donation patches ya know... they could have artists working on hollowing out building & textureing them & just have a dev come through to zone/plack/door/chest the houses like a district at a time...

Some type of illumination be it torches mounted on the wall fireplaces ect so the windows would light up at night and could hang with friends and chat w/o feeling like you were all in a closet
goes along with the cooking on the fireplace idea.

would lend tons of ambience to the citys and towns at night

Status
Not open for further replies.