Archeage closed beta

CaptainGuy

I played it. It's alright. Mix of sandbox and themepark. Think EvE or Mortal meets WoW/GW2. The dungeons aren't too great but the PvP is nice. I stopped playing after this last patch, waiting to see what Trion does with it because XL Games seems to be taking it towards Korean Grindfestland.

bump, looks sweet. If anyone has a key they're not using and dont mind throwing it my way that'd be sweet. Either way, what does everyone think of this game? I recently started to look up some vids, looks sweet.

bump, looks sweet. If anyone has a key they're not using and dont mind throwing it my way that'd be sweet. Either way, what does everyone think of this game? I recently started to look up some vids, looks sweet.
it's sweet

Zergi

stop making so much threads plz ;)

Nepila

My friend just bought this. I'd like to have key if anyone has one.

Xar

We are playing the Beta with a couple of people. :)
It's great fun. A lot reminds me on good old UO.

Archeage = alot grinding to max level.... Running from 1 Quest hub to the next and to be max level at the end you have to literly do every boring quest...... atleast it has some realy cool quests.. like killing peacfully giants with poisoning their drinking water..... Man that quest was mean

After that.... ganking, zerging and trade runs (quite boring).

It´s realy awesome if you play with a guild (played russian beta)
Without. it gets quite boring. The housing is nice but alot of grind.

MolagAmur

Archeage = alot grinding to max level.... Running from 1 Quest hub to the next and to be max level at the end you have to literly do every boring quest...... atleast it has some realy cool quests.. like killing peacfully giants with poisoning their drinking water..... Man that quest was mean

Welcome to the world of MMO's.

Welcome to the world of MMO's.
Dont misunderstand me there, it realy is a lot of grind but i normally doesnt go to the end on those game, but i did in this one.... because its entertaining. Its a realy good game. But to realy enjoy it you have to grind quite a while. Took me 2 weeks active playing to get to max lvl. Solo, so its not that bad.

Golt

Trial Member
damn was too slow to get a key :( well game is probably themepark-shit anyways...

I enjoy it, bought the big pack because i think i will play it 2-3 month atleast. If you try the game dont judge it for its start because it is pretty generic at the beginning but around lvl 10-12 it already starts to show you the cool stuff like housing and so on. A nice mix of what has made themepark successful+sandbox features.

What i also like is that it is the first game since ages that got one open world without loading screens.

Hydras

Archeage = alot grinding to max level....[minus the quests]

Sounds like Mortal with more stuff and Asian art.

Truth

Got ganked from some people with gliders right before we got to a guarded area to deliver a trade package. That sucked. Lost 2/3 of my party's packs. Killed 2 people, but they don't drop anything. Also had our boat hijacked, but despawned it on them.

Summary:
Been playing since the Beta Started a few days ago. I can completely and honestly say that IN MY PERSONAL OPINION Mortal Online is funner FOR ME and I will be spending my money on it instead of Archeage Cash Shop.

Extra:
Don't get me wrong, Archeage is a fun game and looks very promising with all the features it has to offer. However the quest grinding is extremely grindy? Mortal's Grinding is funner for me, because their is always something that can happen, something that can change your plans like a Red running by. But in Archeage you literally do the same thing over and over with no change of pace or anything to keep you interested. This has been my Archeage Experience.

Quest Quest Combat Spam buttons Quest Quest Quest Combat Spam Quest Quest Combat Spam Combat Spam Quest Quest Quest Quest Combat Spam Quest Combat Spam Quest Quest Quest Quest Combat Spam

The combat is generic WoW with tab targeting and that really disappointed me because Archeage could be so much more if it had a combat system like Mortals or something similar. For Combat all I did EVERY SINGLE TIME was Hit tab key, Press 3 (Ice Arrow), Press and Hold 4 (Firebolt) to get combo damage, Rinse and repeat on every single enemy until I get to my quest objective.

That is literally the entire game for me SO FAR. Maybe I just haven't found the class that is for me, or maybe I just need to play it a bit longer to get to the good part. I don't know. I really think Archeage has potential, but for now I'm back to Mortal.

Dimez

Played the game in alpha for a month. Fun game enjoyed it a hell of a lot. I disagree with the grinding part in terms of questing at least. Took me just over a week to hit max level and I consider that pretty slow.

It's grindy in terms of crafting and the best gear is crafted which is unique at least.

It's not a sandbox but it's not a themepark either. The class system is very intricate and complicated, the piracy, PvP and jury/jail system are all great. Blowing up ships, stealing trade packs and murdering people who were stealing my iron veins is all part and parcel of the game.

Getting rolled by a group of 30 level 50's as i try and gather my cotton from my farm. Killing people in there houses in the other continent.

Took my galleon out with some guild mates to deliver their trade packs for a quest, got my boat stolen and blew up which was pretty sad.

Working my way up in the arena rankings to top 10 on the server and getting that sweet sweet PvP honour mount.

Game opens up at level 30~.

Also i literally logged in to post this just because i saw truth playing yesterday

Played the game in alpha for a month. Fun game enjoyed it a hell of a lot. I disagree with the grinding part in terms of questing at least. Took me just over a week to hit max level and I consider that pretty slow.

It's grindy in terms of crafting and the best gear is crafted which is unique at least.

It's not a sandbox but it's not a themepark either. The class system is very intricate and complicated, the piracy, PvP and jury/jail system are all great. Blowing up ships, stealing trade packs and murdering people who were stealing my iron veins is all part and parcel of the game.

Getting rolled by a group of 30 level 50's as i try and gather my cotton from my farm. Killing people in there houses in the other continent.

Took my galleon out with some guild mates to deliver their trade packs for a quest, got my boat stolen and blew up which was pretty sad.

Working my way up in the arena rankings to top 10 on the server and getting that sweet sweet PvP honour mount.

Game opens up at level 30~.

Also i literally logged in to post this just because i saw truth playing yesterday
thats it, people who refer to it as generic barely pasted level 10 and didnt expierence all the open world stuff.

the guy above you is an example, he probably doesnt even know there are pvp areas and enemy factions.

thats it, people who refer to it as generic barely pasted level 10 and didnt expierence all the open world stuff.

the guy above you is an example, he probably doesnt even know there are pvp areas and enemy factions.
I reached level 13 and I clearly stated in my post that what i put was my experience in the game SO FAR if you would have bothered to read it all the way through.

The game is fun, but as of yet I haven't really found anything to make it stand out from the crowd of others similar games. But that doesn't mean I have given up on it yet.