Are we making Flakestone sexy again?

Thread starter #21

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Currently flakestone armor has pretty bad defence compared to:
ironbone / incisium,
If you increase the stats of flakestone it might be worth it.
I mean I understand you want to work on something and make it look better, that's fair enough you're trying...(even though it makes us question priorities)

But what's the use if its not semi decent viable armor? I don't understand the logic behind it to be honest...

As suggested above, if you want to work on its cosmetics .....at least improve its sliders so that people might want to craft it....

For example, there are some metals like skadite, which looks sexy for armor, but no one will craft it cos its not viable due to its weight....
You're working on Flakestone when you know it's not worth crafting it as an armor set when there's more viable armor which are more easily accessible... like Molarium or Horned scale.....if you're going to work on cosmetics start with that ....
I agree with 123322. Kinda looks good, but flakestone is functionally bad for armor.

Cronite and Tungsteel could use some love. Cronite is matte and Tungsteel is too dark. Steel shouldn't outsparkle them, but it does.
The only reason people EVER used flakestone was when it looked really good. It literally looked so good that it was worth getting hit for 40s. Then it turned into a rust bucket. Which was okay, because it made it to where I didn't have to wear paper armor anymore.

And as others have said. All armors don't need to be the same of course, but bumping the sliders up on the stuff that is basically the same being naked...could make for more interesting crafts. Also, remove crafter skill from determining the defense values of armors if you haven't already. Keep skill points invested to make better durability and lighter weight...but making the armor defense value the same from 1 skillpoint to 100 would give new players a much better time and sense of accomplishment. Same with weapons.
Ok, lets sort this out.

It seems like the "common knowledge" about Flakestone is that its useless as armor material.
I'm gonna give you some numbers here, that shows that this material will have a really good place on the starter island in competition with the other materials available there.

These numbers are compared with Flakestone/Silk Kallardian Lamellar Torso, weight 3.15kg
Note that the Kallardian Lamellar armor is the only armor available on the island that can use Flakestone/Bone/Teeth materials.

Molarium/Silk:
Weight 3.33kg
Blunt protection 1,62% Higher
Piercing protection 0,2% Higher
Slashing protection 0,25% Higher

Incisium/Silk:
Weight 3.51kg
Blunt protection 2,54% Higher
Piercing protection 1,01% Higher
Slashing protection 1,15% Higher

Ironbone/Silk:
Weight 3.24kg
Blunt protection 2,77% Higher
Piercing protection 0,41% Higher
Slashing protection 0,15% Higher

KeeledScale/Silk:
Weight 2.7kg
Blunt protection 3,39% Higher
Piercing protection 3,24% Lower
Slashing protection 3,46% Lower

HornedScale/Silk:
Weight 2.92kg
Blunt protection 5,19% Higher
Piercing protection 1,72% Lower
Slashing protection 1,85% Lower

Ok, lets sort this out.

It seems like the "common knowledge" about Flakestone is that its useless as armor material.
I'm gonna give you some number here, that shows that this material will have a really good place on the starter island in competition with the other materials available there.

These numbers are compared with Flakestone/Silk Kallardian Lamellar Torso, weight 3.15kg
Note that the Kallardian Lamellar armor is the only armor available on the island that can use Flakestone/Bone/Teeth materials.

Molarium/Silk:
Weight 3.33kg

Incisium/Silk:
Weight 3.51kg

Ironbone/Silk:
Weight 3.24kg

KeeledScale/Silk:
Weight 2.7kg

HornedScale/Silk:
Weight 2.92kg
So what about greywood armor? Or dapple wood? They make some interesting LOOKING armor, but how do their numbers add up?

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
(If this were a movie, the next scene would cut to a house under the sea or on top of the tallest mountain or on an inaccessible island, where Someone would be be admiring Himself in third-person view in his pitch-black armour and/or magic-impervious ebon robes, and laughing sardonically.

Forget it, guys. No-one is ever going to look that cool, again, regardless of the other properties of the armour.)

There are many armor materials which are completely useless stat wise like compact horns, great horns or crepite but their looks is what makes them special. People will never mine 5 stacks of granum to get enough flakestone for full slider armor but some might consider making it purely for the looks just like I once hunted minotaurs for the cool looking great horn armor.

If you want to make armorers happy, let us make armors out of carapace. There is so much potential in it fashion wise and stat wise. If for example pansar carapace made us all shiny and glittery like megnatons are or if reptile carapace had a nice turtle look to it, then people like me would be overjoyed.

Also please keep in mind that petrology is a primary skill and most armorers will choose a more useful skill than that such as butchery or even cooking.

This still looks like shit, just bring back the true pitch black flake pls

MolagAmur

Ok, lets sort this out.

I'm gonna give you some numbers here, that shows that this material will have a really good place on the starter island in competition with the other materials available there.

Molarium/Silk:
Weight 3.33kg

Incisium/Silk:
Weight 3.51kg

Ironbone/Silk:
Weight 3.24kg

KeeledScale/Silk:
Weight 2.7kg

HornedScale/Silk:
Weight 2.92kg
Oh my bad I didn't realize this conversation was based around the starter island. (not being sarcastic)

That kind of makes this whole conversation pointless then. I could argue that getting bone materials is easier, more profitable, makes better armor, more entertaining to farm, and you get more of it per time invested. But thats besides the point. I understand what you're trying to say is that its not much worse than other mats when using lamellar (which is only used on starter island). Either way....why can't it just be black again since it was such a well-liked thing. The picture you posted looks like ironbone dipped in bacon grease.

Ichorous

The Argent Speedster
Ok, lets sort this out.

Molarium/Silk:
Weight 3.33kg

Incisium/Silk:
Weight 3.51kg

Ironbone/Silk:
Weight 3.24kg

KeeledScale/Silk:
Weight 2.7kg

HornedScale/Silk:
Weight 2.92kg
I will concede that in the universe of low tier materials, flakestone has great protection to weight ratio. I would argue that bone tissue is even better, but then, how important is protection to weight ratio anyway?

What is arguably more important is whether we are getting the most protection for our target armor weight. FTP fighters will be able to wear incisium/silk kallardian lame without encumbrance. Mages won't want to wear flakestone because it will gimp their mana regen. Not fitting into any standard min-max meta puts flakestone into a niche role within the already limited universe of noob island.

Speznat

and cronite still looks like shit wtf, but yes sexy

Trismagi

looks nice, but I dont like flakestone armor. How do you make armor out of rocks? And bones? and teeth?
you should get rid of those as armor materials and make the different leathers take their place protection wise.

Lol I cant wait for new people to the game to craft 75 skill flakestone lamalar leave the island and get hit for a billion by an MC while carrying all their stuff on them and quit the game because they spent 20 hours on the tutorial island and learned nothing about the actual game.

Thread starter #31

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Lol I cant wait for new people to the game to craft 75 skill flakestone lamalar leave the island and get hit for a billion by an MC while carrying all their stuff on them and quit the game because they spent 20 hours on the tutorial island and learned nothing about the actual game.
Huh?

Maybe I just dont get the point of having new players start on an island where no one will be fighting but new people are going to be spending tons of time crafting something that makes no sense to wear once they leave.
Also since I am worried about what the noobs will be wearing can we get the actual number system thats in mortal royale introduced to the game because i cant be the only person that had no idea what I was looking at with the sliders for at least the first like 3 months i played.

Teknique

Maybe I just dont get the point of having new players start on an island where no one will be fighting but new people are going to be spending tons of time crafting something that makes no sense to wear once they leave.
Also since I am worried about what the noobs will be wearing can we get the actual number system thats in mortal royale introduced to the game because i cant be the only person that had no idea what I was looking at with the sliders for at least the first like 3 months i played.
Slider system was very confusing for me. The worst part was how the sliders looked different on the broker versus in the inventory

Bicorps

Trial Member
Slider system was very confusing for me. The worst part was how the sliders looked different on the broker versus in the inventory
It took me like a year to realise by myself how the minimum slider and maximum slider was working. And even that the color is kinda confusing.

lol

Noob that just finished from Noob Island : "HA HA , look at me now, no one can touch me since I'm wearing my lvl 75 crafted flakestone armor"
MC in Myrland *Golf swings noobs headoff in two shots"
Noob "hmm maybe it needs to be level 100 flakestone for it to be effective"

Teknique

lol

Noob that just finished from Noob Island : "HA HA , look at me now, no one can touch me since I'm wearing my lvl 75 crafted flakestone armor"
MC in Myrland *Golf swings noobs headoff in two shots"
Noob "hmm maybe it needs to be level 100 flakestone for it to be effective"
Max lore ogh with enhancements to get hit for 60

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Some of the FLKs still don't realise that there will be fighting on Haven.

Some of the GLBs refuse to acknowlege that if people were to be allowed to craft better stuff in Haven and take it out with them, the GLBs would be among the very last to quit crying and might rage-quit-- so it's going to be pretty basic.

You can't win with the Special Classes, Herius. Just carry on.

Last edited:

Some of the GLBs refuse to acknowlege that if people were to be allowed to craft better stuff in Haven and take it out with them, they'd be among the very last to quit crying and might rage-quit-- so it's going to be pretty basic.

Yes just carry on

When will we see an update for bone tissue armor?
Been looking forward to it, some of my friends want to return to MO but are asking if we will ever see this update

Thread starter #39

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead

Some of the GLBs refuse to acknowlege that if people were to be allowed to craft better stuff in Haven and take it out with them, they'd be among the very last to quit crying and might rage-quit-- so it's going to be pretty basic.

Haha, yeah this is getting out of hand! :D

Teknique

Yeah that didn’t make any sense. Thanks for your invaluable contribution, and I mean that literally. As 123 said a bone tissue update is needed. As it’ll likely be a useful material on noob island.