Arrow Crafting?

Thread starter #1
Forgot what it was in the crafting booklet, Fletch something. Been some years since I played this and been waiting to see if they add arrow crafting to the game yet? More wildlife, etc. Making it more interesting, but limited what it can show in the game due to the engine model.

Have they ever planning on upgrading their engine? I have see one game with the latest engine, way above this one of course was stunning graphics and performance.

Henrik Nystrom

CEO
Staff member
you can combine some parts to make arrows, there is no full fletching yet.

UE4 is getting more and more optimized and stable thats for sure, and yeah stunning graphics.
However its still a large task for us to move MO over to UE4.
We have customized UE3 over 10 years to make it work with MO and large scale.
There will be lots of things to solve in UE4 before it would work.
But if we get the time and resources to take the step, its something we really would like to do no doubt there.

Bicorps

Trial Member

UE4 is getting more and more optimized and stable thats for sure, and yeah stunning graphics.
But if we get the time and resources to take the step, its something we really would like to do no doubt there.
That why you guys should make Mortal Royale on UE4 to make use to the new engine and maybe after if u guys good with it can transfer MO on it. ( probably too late now )

Maybe its just too expensive/risky to buy a new engine.

Last edited:
why not? it shouldnt prove too difficult to make it just a placeholder system like glassblowing where you pop in the right materials and if you have high enough skill, you get the existing arrow type out, no variance of stats just the normal item you'd get from the vendor. I think its completely preposterous that we are still beholden to NPC vendors for arrows and bandaids, as well as horse equipment anything else thats regularly needed from the vendor but unable to be crafted. sure there's small drops of fancy arrows out in the wild that you can get but why not make them craftable (at least the types you can buy from vendor)?

But if we get the time and resources to take the step, its something we really would like to do no doubt there
its a lot of words but why not be honest? you're not moving MO over to ue4, you'd have to essentially redo the core of what makes MO work as a MMO (atlas), not to mention all your customizations. while not impossible, i dont see it happening, and i'm fairly certain that if you're honest with yourself, you dont see it happening either. it would be MO2 on ue4 long before you port the existing MO over.

-barcode