August Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Diphling

The Desperado
Greetings Nave,

I have not been active lately for reasons outside of my control, and I have some thoughts that I wish to share with friend and foe alike. I understand the global situation, and I feel it necessary to share my thoughts on the whole ordeal.

Firstly, to friends:

From what I understand, this is not a conflict that can be won by brute force. We have lost membership for various reasons over the past few months, and we are not as strong as we were in our prime. For almost the past 2 years we have had a stronghold on the server, and have maintained it as "peaceful" as possible. Malicious people had second thoughts before picking on weaker guilds. By no means am I saying that the Guttersnipes the good guys, but we certainly kept the bad guys in check for a long time. There are of course negatives to having a guild with no rules and many of our members did bad things, but that is not the topic of this thread.

Many of the enemies have only subscribed for a temporary amount of time, and their purpose is revenge and revenge alone. This by no means is the end of the world. When we sold the Guts keep, we did it for a reason. First and foremost we wanted to return to our roots and break off ties from everyone so that they would not be blamed for our actions. It was obvious that our golden age would not last forever. It was not out of fear, but rather preparation for the future.

Losing a keep or an asset is not the end of a guild. It is the people and the community that makes a guild. FL made a wise decision with the ODIN keep by selling it. I recommend liquidating remaining assets to not give enemies a target. Lift your guild stone, and kick people from the guild if you are wardecked with a lifted stone. At this point the enemies can only do 2 things: build towers to blacklist, and attack you in the wild. Getting attacked in the wild is business as normal, no change there.

If the enemies cannot wardeck you, have nothing to throw boulders at, and can only rely on towers... it means that they fight on your terms and your terms alone. Towers are easy to ninja down, and if you want a gaurenteed fight you can go ding a tower and wait. Eventually the enemy will tire from attrition and you will be successful.

What the opposition has going on for them is not good politics. Many of them are traitorous, and most of them do not even like each other. Some of them are hypocrites, and go against their own declared doctrine. They have even went to the point of trying to publicly humiliate those who have helped them. What they have going for them can't last forever. It will only take time for their interpersonal drama to kick back up, and then the day will be ours to seize once again.

Now, to the opposition:

About fucking time.

To put it simply though, your efforts are all in futility. You're only placing yourselves in a situation where you will have harsh hostilities amongst yourself, and you'll be doubling war efforts when your neighbor then turns on you and brings the same amount of friends. One great example of this is going to be EC / KUZ and QUAD. Considering the history of several guilds it is only a matter of time.

In the end though, you did good work. 3 keeps in less than a week is pretty impressive. Many people on your side though were the same ones bitching that sieging was too hard, blah blah blah. Put a sock it in :p

The motives of this war seem to be largely rooted in hatred for Guts. I would like to show you a nugget of wisdom by [RLC]Anubisian:

You think taking down assets of unrelated guilds will do anything to change the behavior of GUTS? They have absolutely nothing to lose in this conflict. After you have destroyed keeps of guilds other than GUTS, they will remain and will continue to grief you without any consequences to them whatsoever. Only now, they'll have even more reason to do so... If somehow taking down GUTS was your number one goal in this war, congratulations on accomplishing absolutely nothing.
That is all that needs to be said.

Conclusion / TL;DR:
Freinds: Sell assets unless you want the enemy to waste energy on sieging. Don't get griefed out of the game. Switch to attrition, and do not accept losses. If you put yourself in a position where you cannot lose, you will not.
Enemies: Watch your back because those same people you are working with now are going to zerg you down when they get the chance. Your end goal will not be accomplished.

Dennis131

It's all fun and games until someone loses a keep.

Azaraah

Oghmium Supporter
This has very little to do with guts. We just want to reset the southern politics and make room for guilds that will use the keeps. Far as i know guts has no keep.

Zyconnic

This is war and war is not pretty or just

What I don't get is the mentality "don't accept losses" and then minimize them by selling. I never seen someone quit so fast and doesn't care how they lose. Of what I heard RLC was the only one showing some courage when their keep was sieged.

Get out and fight! Burn of these endless banks you have stored for time like these. Do not let the enemy get the full win but see this as a oppotunity to gain some reputation. This is the time for heroes (as cheesy as this sound).

What I'm trying to say:
"Lose with some dignity"

princereaper

Exalted Member
It funny in the 2 years im gone, Guts is supposedly the "strongest force" and gives birth to the nutcup empire.

Within 2 months of the princes return to nave, balance has been restored

Manbird

All this self righteous ego wanking going on makes me want to immediately subscribe and start robbing people.

This has very little to do with guts. We just want to reset the southern politics and make room for guilds that will use the keeps. Far as i know guts has no keep.
So what ES, EVIL keeps was not used by their members?
Azarath wtf are you talking about?

Azaraah

Oghmium Supporter
So what ES, EVIL keeps was not used by their members?
Azarath wtf are you talking about?
Es sided with fl hence the siege on them, they also did not live out of the oasis keep. Evil keep was used but other keeps in the fl Alliance were ghost towns. Why hold 4 keeps when you can fit the entire fl Alliance in one.

Rlc has two keeps although they have no need for the second one but the reason we ended up sieging them was due to their agreements with fl.

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Es sided with fl hence the siege on them, they also did not live out of the oasis keep. Evil keep was used but other keeps in the fl Alliance were ghost towns. Why hold 4 keeps when you can fit the entire fl Alliance in one.

Rlc has two keeps although they have no need for the second one but the reason we ended up sieging them was due to their agreements with fl.

So irrational!

Yep, so irrational!, to hold more than 2 keeps, right Quad?

Strilan

Exalted Member
lmao

Everyone's just giving all different kinds of reasons for the same thing.

DavidMF

it's just because everyone has different opinions and reasons to participate in this "war".

Strilan

Exalted Member
Rrrriiiiiight.

DavidMF

Pretty sure some people are just participating to get a keep and don't even give a fuck about the past or anything. Just a good timing to come and defeat the nutcup then build their keep o/

It's just a fraking boring game, I even participate in sieges cause no pvp elsewhere :C

Strilan

Exalted Member
Eh, somewhat true.

McBadie

Thank goodness I voted for Diphrael for least favourite mass poster, this thread alone is justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.