Butcher house.

Thread starter #1
I was expecting something more when I first read about this in the patch notes.

But I must admit that it is a nice improvement over the buildings that you can not enter at all. Hopefully this is just a hint of things to come. Though not at the rate of one building at a time :)

A few ideas for potential rework in the many buildings in Tindrem:

Library
Bath house
Apothecary
Weapon shop
Armour shop
Theatre
Forum (not the online type)
Barracks
Apartments (let us live in all these cool two-storey houses, each player can buy or rent their own room)
General store (sells just about everything but of lower quality and tier items, replaces market square)
Blacksmith (replaces the crafting area)
Administrative centre (contains veredari, magistrate, etc)

The eventual goal of this is to ‘clean up’ the streets of Tindrem which currently has vendors standing along the street sides selling their wares, and have them do business in their own respective shops and buildings.

Last edited:

Roranicus

Library
Bath house
Apothecary
Weapon shop
Armour shop
Theatre
Barracks
Apartments (let us live in all these cool two-storey houses, each player can buy or rent their own room)
General store (sells just about everything but of lower quality and tier items, replaces market square)

The eventual goal of this is to ‘clean up’ the streets of Tindrem which currently has vendors standing along the street sides selling their wares, and have them do business in their own respective shops and buildings.
Having NPC's in buildings can increase griefing in town, so not sure whether most people will be happy with a move like this. It would look nice but the unintended consequences could be bad.

Having NPC's in buildings can increase griefing in town, so not sure whether most people will be happy with a move like this. It would look nice but the unintended consequences could be bad.
I can think of players blocking off entrances to buildings, or suicide squads going in to rack up kills and whatnot. But I also think that by moving npcs into buildings and maybe adding a lictor or two would help discourage such things, and I think the players in this game are a creative bunch, and would devise their own ways of dealing with unintended consequences.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Real stable building would be nice! In the moment the stable guy is standing in front of the butcher building. I don't know what to think about it...

Thread starter #6

Library
Bath house
Apothecary
Weapon shop
Armour shop
Theatre
Barracks

No need to remove the market square just because there are shops in buildings too. It would just be more options for players.

No need to remove the market square just because there are shops in buildings too. It would just be more options for players.
Yeah the market square should stay, it adds to the busy city feel. It’s the vendors standing at random spots on the streetside that seems out of place.

Thread starter #9
Yeah the market square should stay, it adds to the busy city feel. It’s the vendors standing at random spots on the streetside that seems out of place.
Right. The ones standing outside of their "shops" should go in them if they make them open.

Real stable building would be nice! In the moment the stable guy is standing in front of the butcher building. I don't know what to think about it...
True, the butcher shop probably should have been stables. Not sure what they was thinking there. :(

Last edited:

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Right. The ones standing outside of their "shops" should go in them if they make them open.

True, the butcher shop probably should have been stables. Not sure what they was thinking there. :(
Hehe, the placement of those NPC's are a bit silly from the beginning, right in the middle of the main street with nothing but fancy houses around.

There are a lot of NPC's in Tindrem that needs to be relocated, and will in time, like for example, why is a bag vendor hiding on a house balcony far away from the main market square, its like he does not want to sell his goods! :)

Probably to encourage the use of the butcher house when players come to equerry. :rolleyes:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Probably to encourage the use of the butcher house when players come to equerry. :rolleyes:
Puts overladen Butchers and vulnerable Pets together in a small area for griefing convenience.