Can I get an update on F2P?

Thread starter #1
Hello fellow adventurers, I'd known about Mortal Online for a couple of years by now and I always thought very highly of it.
So 2 days ago I started playing and went for a thief/mage build but I was told by a really friendly and helpful guy named "terryterror" that I'd need to subscribe to be able to be a thief.

So I deleted my character and started a craftsman to role-play and be rich in the future. Though I knew there were limitations I thought this would still be possible until I decided to look into it and found this post "https://www.starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/free-to-play-limitations-explained.87470".
So now while thinking about deleting my second character I'd like to ask for an update on the current limitations and if anything has improved with the intent to play accordingly.

Thank you for your time!

Edit: Quick note: I read everything in the post I mentioned

Last edited:
As far as I know, the F2P limitations haven’t changed much since, it’s more of an unlimited free trial than a true F2P.

Tehmudjin

With the release of Haven there were changes that makes f2p crafted Armor and weapons almost as good as p2p. Check Haven patch notes.

I got a f2p butcher/armorcrafter and it works but i get way less materials and The armors durability isnt Great.

Thread starter #5
Thank you all for the replies, I shall continue my profanity in-game

djbthatsme

The biggest limitation is speed. The rest you can still do well enough with skill you can outplay people. So you would have to be very cautious in a big fight to not get killed or in 1v1 don't ever run away ever. Then the issue just becomes that they can run from you. You can have more skills since you're spread out. You can't have heavy armor. I have seen some pretty great f2p builds like mounted archer, mage, combat or hybrid with a pet. Still at a huge disadvantage but it is doable especially with a good build and a little gear crutch helps.

Bicorps

Trial Member
The biggest limitation is speed. The rest you can still do well enough with skill you can outplay people. So you would have to be very cautious in a big fight to not get killed or in 1v1 don't ever run away ever. Then the issue just becomes that they can run from you. You can have more skills since you're spread out. You can't have heavy armor. I have seen some pretty great f2p builds like mounted archer, mage, combat or hybrid with a pet. Still at a huge disadvantage but it is doable especially with a good build and a little gear crutch helps.
Blocking Skill is also a problem tho. You cant fight against Blunt Weapon at all. They hit u for 10-30 true parry.