City/Town Reputation System

Thread starter #1
So what about making a reputation system that works within city/town nodes where the system will be connected to the cities/towns NPCS, So lets say someone feels like attacking/killing someone, they would lose a point/s within that city/town
Losing too many points and hitting zero/negative would cause the player to be denied service from NPCs/priest (aside from red priests)
and if they hit a number for example-30, they would go grey and guards will attack on sight within that town/city.
If players do hit zero or below, the system can tick a +1 to their reputation within the city/town on server reset until they regain their default reputation
I'm not just suggesting this without incentives for the players
Herius could do something like Eve and have specific town/city only equipment and items that needs your reputation to be at a certain number 100, 500, etc before you can spend the gold to buy them
Reputation can be gained through handing in NPC heads, fulfilling buy orders, etc
If this is system is implemented, never allow players to gain reputation through killing grey/red players.
The incentive of loot is still there and of course some players will try to exploit the system
This system because it will help players go back to cities/towns more, even living in them full time
It would also makes grinding walkers, bandits, etc more pleasing as you will be rewarded more for your efforts
This works with the current crime system and the anti blue block system
In RL, people that do something dumb or twisted/evil become known for it right?
So why not have the city/town remember players that do such actions through this system.
People that go grey in order to get hit by others first so they don't MCs, could be countered over a period of time with their reputation being decreased with each blue player hit (Please note i'm not talking about local grey here)
A guild itself could also have its own individual reputation within a city/town, its reputation could be pulled up or pulled down based on the players within the guild
As for what guild reputation could be used to achieve, maybe Items that a guild leader can buy or maybe special access to content(A dungeon? maybe city buildings aka a guild hall becomes available to buy/rent for a city-based guild, Do note that a transfer system would need to be implemented which forces the current guild house to be destroyed and guild stone to be added to that city building) (As a city guild, they shouldn't be able to declare war or be warred upon.)
I would recommend that the guild reputation could bring a player reputation up or down which could be capped to a -10 to +10 influence on player reputation, of course if the guild reputation in that town <= -50/-100 , the guild members of that guild would grey upon entering regardless of their individual player reputations.

When I read this, I think, heathens need/want systems (SV) to decide who the good guys and bad guys are because they (heathens) are incapable or unwilling to do this for themselves.

Thread starter #5
sound like a lower Version of what we already have idk Mate
We dont have that. We have the flag system and a faction system.
This system is purely for cities/towns, Mortal Online was created to include as much realism as possible.
If the NPCs were real they wouldn't exactly want some guy constantly killing them nor would they want their town priest resurrecting said guy just because he went blue after going grey.
They will remember him and talk about him with their friends, family, co-workers, etc.
For me, The game not having such a system breaks the realism quite a fair bit
The denizens of the towns are pretty good about policing them :)
Are they? Do you know how many donkeys/mounts are killed by naked blues or the fact that players punch or hit npcs just to die faster instead of /suicide or walking to the priest?
How do we police that? First time in my years of gameplay Ive heard that the denizens are able to police such actions

When I read this, I think, heathens need/want systems (SV) to decide who the good guys and bad guys are because they (heathens) are incapable or unwilling to do this for themselves.
Sometimes I really do think you play this game high, I know who are the good guys (ME) and the bad guys (Everyone else) already
I want the NPCs to have their own set of good and bad guys instead of just having a flag system that fails to recognize repeat offenders for NPC/Player/Pet harm.

Last edited:
This system is purely for cities/towns, Mortal Online was created to include as much realism as possible.
If the NPCs were real they wouldn't exactly want some guy constantly killing them nor would they want their town priest resurrecting said guy just because he went blue after going grey.
They will remember him and talk about him with their friends, family, co-workers, etc.
You don't speak for the NPC population. They are loyal to the Empire and the laws of the Emperor.
Are they? Do you know how many donkeys/mounts are killed by naked blues or the fact that players punch or hit npcs just to die faster instead of /suicide or walking to the priest?
How do we police that? First time in my years of gameplay Ive heard that the denizens are able to police such actions
Annonymous senseless murder of the Gods' beasts is a plague, indeed. What are you prepared to do about it?
Sometimes I really do think you play this game high, I know who are the good guys (ME) and the bad guys (Everyone else) already
I want the NPCs to have their own set of good and bad guys instead of just having a flag system that fails to recognize repeat offenders for NPC/Player/Pet harm.
I am high on the glory of the Gods. I bask in their love. The real difference between us is that I choose to pray to the Gods to give me the strength to do what must be done, while you pray to Star Vault to save you from the hell you and heathens like you have created.

Last edited:

We do have a reputation system in the sentrol cave seem much like what u say still didn't make much success the cave which is an independent land zone lies empty most time and only few amount of people live there " by few I say 2 player's only sometimes 3 "

agead_drem

The policing of the towns is down by griefing out the people/guilds that you don't want there. It has been standard practice for years, even to guilds that are "in control" of the town. In fact, adding a detailed NPC reputation system for towns, would actually make it more difficult for the players that do claim those towns to fight over it and push other players/groups out of the town that they do claim.

The policing of the towns is down by griefing out the people/guilds that you don't want there. It has been standard practice for years, even to guilds that are "in control" of the town. In fact, adding a detailed NPC reputation system for towns, would actually make it more difficult for the players that do claim those towns to fight over it and push other players/groups out of the town that they do claim.
There is also the option of claiming the town as a guild and blacklisting players if one prefers to have the guards do the work.

There is also the option of claiming the town as a guild and blacklisting players if one prefers to have the guards do the work.
Agreed there is that, and then the follow up of aforementioned, "The policing of the towns is down by griefing out the people/guilds that you don't want there."