Clan new recruits should have acronym on by default.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Clan new recruits should have acronym on by default when they first are accepted or join a guild so that they know they are in a clan and so that other new players can see that they are in a clan.

This will help new players to apply for a clan if they have been playing with another new player that is already in a clan.

It is a small solution to making Mortal Online more newbie friendly without upsetting the balance of a new player learning about the game and exploring themselves.

Veradey

Or when you invite new people tell them to turn it on.

Tyvark

This could be good. Won't hurt anything either way.

Thread starter #5
Or when you invite new people tell them to turn it on.

Telling people to type Acronym in guild chat is unnecessary, yesterday people were so confused as to what an acronym was let alone how to turn on their clan tag.

This is a change that would not affect or give anyone an advantage, it would just simply help the game grow as a newbie would know what clan his new found buddy/friend was in or he would know that he could apply to join a clan so he does not feel alone, frustrated or annoyed with the game when he first trys it out, causing him to quit.

This would be a great little tweak before the STEAM release and i am sure it would help player retention.

Dsn

Honored Member
i would kinda be against it if you were joining a seacret guild or something but that never happened and all...

tho would be nice if it was clantag or tag or guildtag and not Acronym(cant spell that half the time).
maybe even just have all of em as option like you have when calling guards/guard..

Kuthara

I agree. This sounds like a change for the better. Anything that makes it easier for new players to get into the game should be embraced. No matter how small.

i would kinda be against it if you were joining a seacret guild or something but that never happened and all...

tho would be nice if it was clantag or tag or guildtag and not Acronym(cant spell that half the time).
maybe even just have all of em as option like you have when calling guards/guard..
Mortal db?

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
I agree with this.
Is anyone madly against it? If so for what reason?
Wow that is confusing, you let people hide their guild forever and now all of a sudden you want to force it upon recruits.

How about customisable guild ranks already?

Anyway, there can be many reasons why a guild may not want recruits to show tag, maybe they want em to prove themselves before being worthy of the tag so they do not dishonor it. Forcing it would mean these guild will invite no rookie in their ranks until they proven themselves worthy.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Wow that is confusing, you let people hide their guild forever and now all of a sudden you want to force it upon recruits.

Anyway, there can be many reasons why a guild may not want recruits to show tag, maybe they want em to prove themselves before being worthy of the tag so they do not dishonor it. Forcing it would mean these guild will invite no rookie in their ranks until they proven themselves worthy.

No I just..want it to be on by default since most people would want it on.
I think less people would have to tell their guildies to turn it off then have to tell em to turn it on?

Cruzxavier

I think he was only aggreing with the tag being on when you accept. Not being forced on players. If the newbie so desires to remove he can still do it, but to save them the effort of finding how to turn it on, its already on when you accept the invite. Its simple, not bad for vets cause these know how to, and good for newbs when they want to feel good about being in a guild with a tag.

Thread starter #13
Yes he is just saying that it should be on by default when you 1st join a clan then after you join you can turn it on and off when you like.

This is better than it being off as soon as you join the clan that you proudly wanted to be in.

Dsn

Honored Member
I think this is vital and should be implemented asap, it is certainly not game changing or effects any players.

It just purely helps newbies without affecting the game and helps retain potential trial members of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.