Combat Mounts: NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zergi

Tamers and Doms have already been screwed over with beastmastery being an additional primary
to fix the problem of fighters using op pets or mounts
i dont get it why ppl complain i have no need for beastmastery im completly fine without it

to kill a thing as a warrior one must know how to use movement, and do it, know to time his attacks, and time it, know how to avoid damage, and time it/move around it, get up close and then have a chance of killing (oh, forgot to mention, AIM THE ATTACKS)

to kill a thing as a tamer one must press one button, run around, occasionally heal the pet*

Looks fair and square? Tamer seems so hard, so much skill, I think only Koreans can do it! OMG!

Bernajo

Exalted Member
Well if that did happen it wouldn't be so bad since they are sooo easy to get and sooo easy to lvl up ... right?

P.S. BTW now you must be a "GOTDAM" Psychic since you know exactly what I would do ;)

Lol, that isn't prediction, I've been conditioned!

Tonyshere

It's not enough it can get you from A to B with carrying heavy goods.... It has to be able to kill aswell. I agree taking >MOUNTS< being able to attack away from tamers is another blow to them but this is besides the point. Warriors are utilizing them which is making it dumb.

Dominating should unlock pets ability to be vicious.
Taming should unlock a pets ability to be resourceful.

Loyalty should be differently handled depending on how it was aquired.

Make more choices for how tamers/dominators choose to use their assets and they will have more fun. Even as it stands its very boring for tamers to just tame something and send it on someone. Make pets easier to handle once aquired but more specific in roles and abilities.

Dennis131

Remove mana regen while moving. Mages shouldn't be able to focus on regaining mana while slowly trying to make their escape from their inevitable end.

No.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Remove mana regen while moving. Mages shouldn't be able to focus on regaining mana while slowly trying to make their escape from their inevitable end.

No.

Remove Stam Regen. while moving as well?

Thread starter #70

Diphling

The Desperado
And yet NONE of you will bring ANY of these OP pets to Meduli so we can show you how to take them down. If you guys know so much bring it... Diph, you said "my guild uses these OP pets" so again get one of your guys to bring an OP Mino to Meduli... bet he will be sad when he loses it like our guy was today when he lost 2 lvl 109 Mino's and a 125 Molva... guessing they just arent that OP.

Perhaps this way, when you OMG PWN us with those OP pets, we will be on your side them.
No one is going to bring pets to your guard zone so you can guard whack them. Out in the wilderness, in a 5v5, if 5 people have pets and the other 5 don't, if they are half decent players, the 5 pets will win. Gaurenteed. Everytime.

You come up on to fabernum with 5 people, and then we'll bring out 5 armored minos. Show me how to counter them.

ponyKnight

And yet NONE of you will bring ANY of these OP pets to Meduli so we can show you how to take them down. If you guys know so much bring it... Diph, you said "my guild uses these OP pets" so again get one of your guys to bring an OP Mino to Meduli... bet he will be sad when he loses it like our guy was today when he lost 2 lvl 109 Mino's and a 125 Molva... guessing they just arent that OP.

Perhaps this way, when you OMG PWN us with those OP pets, we will be on your side them.
Calling guard on any pet-insta kill, one player can kill pet, pets don't OP?

Zergi

in the old days:
u needed creaturecontrol to send ANY pet/mount to attack

today:
creaturecontrol is only used to increase ur petpoints...

BUT OR INTENDED, SV?!
it was never in any patchnotes thats why i want a answer

Zergi

You come up on to fabernum with 5 people, and then we'll bring out 5 armored minos. Show me how to counter them.
mount up run back to mohki and log

RLC pro tactic :D

alternative get 10 minos outa mohki stables!

Even though I might repeat what others have said I'll still state my opinion:

- Pets used to be balanced (before Awakening)
- There's literally no need for lvl 125 on pets! (I don't see myself being able to get 125 sword skill...)
- I'm not getting gear nor weapons from just standing around in a town doing nothing but you can get an uber pet from just that ?
- Max Pet HP should be limited to 300 (lvl 100 guardian mino as reference)
- mounts should be able to attack but only for a max of 10 dmg (bullhorse / molva high level)
- the highest tier pet (guardian mino) should theoretically be as strong as a maxed out player with top-notch gear - NOT STRONGER
- Mage-Dominators shouldn't be able to tame/dominate the highest tier pet! It's like having to fight a warrior with a mage behind it that heals it / corrupts you / etc.
- A mage should still be able to use a bear or something that will still help him with the fact of the mage being such a fragile freggle. I used to tame bears with my mage and use them very effectively (before Awakening)

I do like the idea of tamers running around with pets in pvp I really would appreciate having that again but ffs. people like spiritwolf are just completly dogmatic and seem to have no clue about balance.
Every freaking playstyle should be viable not overpowering that is balance...
Would love to see a fight again with bears, dire wolfs, terrorbirds, shore prowers, etc. not a guardian minotaur that can be send into a enemy group with a flick of a button and annihilates them easily whilst getting heals from the mage-dom in the back.

SV: Do the stuff I wrote and it will fix this silly bs we have right now!

Tamers and Doms have already been screwed over with beastmastery being an additional primary
to fix the problem of fighters using op pets or mounts ..dont fuck the pets up even more find a real solution . Or find a counter .
Arfete go 1v1 against a guardian minotaur or a 125 lvl molva or 3 wolves or.... whilst having a dom sitting in the back healing the thing and thunderlashing you. Then and only then you should reply explaining how that is balanced and how dominators got screwed over

Thread starter #76

Diphling

The Desperado

- There's literally no need for lvl 125 on pets! (I don't see myself being able to get 125 sword skill...)
- I'm not getting gear nor weapons from just standing around in a town doing nothing but you can get an uber pet from just that ?
- mounts should be able to attack but only for a max of 10 dmg (bullhorse / molva high level)
- the highest tier pet (guardian mino) should theoretically be as strong as a maxed out player with top-notch gear - NOT STRONGER
- Mage-Dominators shouldn't be able to tame/dominate the highest tier pet! It's like having to fight a warrior with a mage behind it that heals it / corrupts you / etc.
- A mage should still be able to use a bear or something that will still help him with the fact of the mage being such a fragile freggle. I used to tame bears with my mage and use them very effectively (before Awakening)

I do like the idea of tamers running around with pets in pvp I really would appreciate having that again but ffs. people like spiritwolf are just completly dogmatic and seem to have no clue about balance.
Would love to see a fight again with bears, dire wolfs, terrorbirds, shore prowers, etc. not a guardian minotaur that can be send into a enemy group with a flick of a button and annihilates them easily whilst getting heals from the mage-dom in the back.

I like this a lot. You see the issue very clearly.

Arigard

Well if that did happen it wouldn't be so bad since they are sooo easy to get and sooo easy to lvl up ... right?

P.S. BTW now you must be a "GOTDAM" Psychic since you know exactly what I would do
Congratulations, you have unlocked the achievement:

DSN/Gilder Retardation Level.

Dreadlust

It is easy to outrun a molva srsly due to it not running continuously and keep stopping every few seconds.

ponyKnight

Good words, i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.