Death and Taxes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

DRAG0N

Trial Member
We need a way to hide from the guards our identity so we can get the stuff out of the bank while blacklisted. Otherwise the blacklist is just there to harass while hiding behind elite guards in a supposedly PVP game, which makes no sense. There is no way a guild controlling a castle would need to hide behind elite guards to run one person out.

The other solution could be instead of making black list we could have them not intervening and let the players deal with it guilds should be able to play that they would know who is marked not to be protected by the guards.. But we would be letting players do the bloodshed.

There is no way people like a system which reflects the nowadays police with cameras and documentation... EVERYBODY hates over power police why bring it to the game, there was no ways to truly identify a criminal... And THAT at least THAT problem they didn't have in the middle ages.

I like mortal having death were other games have taxes though.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
They could do something interesting with blacklist and connections skill.
Otherwise, a waste of time.

Dsn

Honored Member
i would just hotfix it by having a bank outside of town... in case people have problems with the bank being closer to a reasourse or something i would lock it to just people that got blacklisted from that town.

cheaptrix

Cronite Supporter
They could do something interesting with blacklist and connections skill.
Otherwise, a waste of time.
Similar to smuggling contraband, Threaten or bride the guards if it works you have until the next guard stops you which if you have a high level of sophistication should buy you enough time to get your stuff out of the bank and move to a new town at least.

Bordelli

You realize you can just pull the Bakti bank out right? Also no1 is hiding behind elite guards. If you want an archer 1x1 hit me up.

Oh hey, even his forum name is all caps XD

You keep saying "middle ages" and talking about the fact that this system makes no sense.

Nave is a fictional world, a video game.

Your opinion is valid (as is all of ours) and while I agree with you on some of your points, I do not agree with you talking as if you represent the community as a whole or represent some mass group of people.

I personally love the idea that a Group who controls a town has control of its assets (guards) and find it completely realistic (The idea of it mostly, bugs aside :p )

I know plenty of people who will fight you outside of Bakti, we aren't using the guards to make your life harder, we LIVE in Bakti...MO has a huge map, surely you can find another home until the blacklist is lifted or until you reconcile with the owners.

I think disguises would be cool though, a few people have pitched the ideas of masks etc. I'd be down with that :D

Speznat

?? there is a reason for them to be blacklistet ----> own guilt.

if youre red and you cant get to the tindrem bank then ---> youre guilt.

Notime

Oghmium Supporter
Or you could not get blacklisted in the first place?

cheaptrix

Cronite Supporter
I been thinking what if instead of blacklists working how they do now, instead you can still use the town but guards turn a blind eye when you (the blacklisted) call for them and will not aid in the defense if a blue player in town kills you? The townsmen don't go grey and then this system would allow more player based decisions on wether or not you're welcome. Essentially you'd be invisible to the guards until you attacked/looted someone/something and went grey. When a blacklisted player comes into town the town crier would shout "name" you are not welcome here! Letting others know they have free reign to kill you without penalty since they are doing the npc's job for them.

Or you build a ton of cuprum mauls/axes, and knock down the tower

Bordelli

Exactly. It's not hard to do sumtin about it.

Midkemma

We need a way to hide from the guards our identity so we can get the stuff out of the bank while blacklisted. Otherwise the blacklist is just there to harass while hiding behind elite guards in a supposedly PVP game, which makes no sense. There is no way a guild controlling a castle would need to hide behind elite guards to run one person out.

The other solution could be instead of making black list we could have them not intervening and let the players deal with it guilds should be able to play that they would know who is marked not to be protected by the guards.. But we would be letting players do the bloodshed.

There is no way people like a system which reflects the nowadays police with cameras and documentation... EVERYBODY hates over power police why bring it to the game, there was no ways to truly identify a criminal... And THAT at least THAT problem they didn't have in the middle ages.

I like mortal having death were other games have taxes though.

"We need a way to hide from the guards our identity so we can get the stuff out of the bank while blacklisted."
Personally I think that it feels a bit like when a player can target a player then they can see who it is, well why would guards not be able to recognise people at a distance?

"Otherwise the blacklist is just there to harass while hiding behind elite guards in a supposedly PVP game"
PvP being included doesn't make a game "supposedly PvP" but a game where PvP is included. I don't PvP yet I have paid many months worth of subs playing and enjoying this game without going out to PvP, it does have other aspects.

"There is no way a guild controlling a castle would need to hide behind elite guards to run one person out."
Non combat guilds? Trading guilds? Guilds that don't put PvP above everything else?

The rest of your post became a whinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.