delete banned characters to free up names

Status
Not open for further replies.

228Scoped

Trial Member
Good idea, always struggling trying to find good names :(

Should be a time-limit (before deletion) on it. Some characters are wrongly banned, or just banned for stupid things....

Thread starter #4

Tyvark

Should be a time-limit (before deletion) on it. Some characters are wrongly banned, or just banned for stupid things....
sure but for accounts and characters that have been perma banned for over a month or so should be deleted.

sure but for accounts and characters that have been perma banned for over a month or so should be deleted.
A month is too soon, if you've EVER had a real problem and had to email Support.... Well you'll know why it might be too soon.
I say six months.

I propose instead to add a service of buying characters out of ban for money based on the remaining ban duration.

Cyde

Honored Member
>99% of used names probably belong to inactive players so it seems pointless. Also, in a game where each nick has its own unique story I'd rather those who've been banned take their names with them. Use your imagination, it's up to you to make your name mean something.

albanjoo

Characters banned should remain banned lmao, thats the trick. If you get banned you cant do the same character with the same name in a different account, if got banned for X reasons and its a legit bann, less QQ more GG. But, good would be to delete a couple of older chars that havent log like in years. Still difficult to do, i rather change the system. And be able to repeat names, without the same last name.

Cyde

Honored Member
I don't agree with deleting the names of long-inactive players. Let them keep their legacy.

Dhan

Honored Member
I don't like this idea at all. It's bad enough that banned players can just make new accounts and continue playing. I don't want them to also be able to get their old names back.

With thousands upon thousands of viable names, there is hardly a shortage so freeing up a couple hundred banned names is not going to change anything.

I also don't see why anyone but the people with banned accounts would want this.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I don't like this idea at all. It's bad enough that banned players can just make new accounts and continue playing. I don't want them to also be able to get their old names back.

With thousands upon thousands of viable names, there is hardly a shortage so freeing up a couple hundred banned names is not going to change anything.

I also don't see why anyone but the people with banned accounts would want this.
The single best argument against the suggestion so far, although others have merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.