Development roadmap for MO1?

None. RIP.

Edit: Maybe we will have a balance patch but I doubt there will be any content patches for MO1 ever again.
I assume MO2 goes into open Beta next year. And they focus full development capacity on it.
A world 4x bigger than Myrland. Thats a lot of space to filled with content and mechanics!

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
2018-11-16-more-regular-patches-after-newb-island-release.PNG

-- 2018-11-16

Add up how many non-Holiday patches have been after noob island (Haven) and ask yourselves how many there have to be in a row to be "more steady again", yes?

Henrik said that after Haven, there would be a TC Rehaul-- most strongly implying that it would take place in Mortal Online (MO1):

2018-12-12-after-newb-island-exp-&-tc-rehaul-marketing-for-1st-time-ever.PNG

-- 2018-12-12

On the other hand, a careful reading of the announcement of MO2 in the official Mortal Online Discord (2019-02-12) leaves little hope that AI issues will be addressed in the current game:
2019-02-12-Mortal-Online-2-announced.PNG

So, I basically agree with @Rhias : balance patch (for TC), maybe, but no new content for Mortal Online-- but based on Shit Henrik Says, not just Rhias's best guess.

Speznat

View attachment 12936
-- 2018-11-16

Add up how many non-Holiday patches have been after noob island (Haven) and ask yourselves how many there have to be in a row to be "more steady again", yes?

Henrik said that after Haven, there would be a TC Rehaul-- most strongly implying that it would take place in Mortal Online (MO1):

View attachment 12937
-- 2018-12-12

On the other hand, a careful reading of the announcement of MO2 in the official Mortal Online Discord (2019-02-12) leaves little hope that AI issues will be addressed in the current game:

So, I basically agree with @Rhias : balance patch (for TC), maybe, but no new content for Mortal Online-- but based on Shit Henrik Says, not just Rhias's best guess.
thx for the screenshots of the discord i would have never known if you wouldn't have posted here.
Henrik should post such stuff here on the forums in the news thread.

im ok with wealth tranfer, its like over 10 years hard work should't be for nothing. i love the idea of never wipe.
Never wipe is good.
Im hyped about MO2, hopefully they listen to the community more about stuff.
and give us more freedom char wise and gae mechanic wise and less bored tasks with no outcome, and hopefully worthy group hunting even of normal creatures and stuff xD

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
@Henrik Nystrom :
i would have never known if you wouldn't have posted here.
Henrik should post such stuff here on the forums in the news thread.
I agree. You not pinging him about the fact, this time, I figure that's only an oversight. You cannot remind him 'too often'. Keep it up.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
The "never wipe" rules runs into a major problem. Henrik wrote in the long Discord chat, "palisades and structures are unsure". They announced somewhere else they would start with Myrland only, so in case of transferring at least houses to MO2 they would wipe Sarducaa. How to transfer houses from Sarducaa to Myrland?

The "never wipe" rules runs into a major problem. Henrik wrote in the long Discord chat, "palisades and structures are unsure". They announced somewhere else they would start with Myrland only, so in case of transferring at least houses to MO2 they would wipe Sarducaa. How to transfer houses from Sarducaa to Myrland?
they should transfer all patrol posts so we can have guards playing for us since day one, its henriks vision yo

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
Btw with the "no wipe" rule we have Oghmium armor at the first day and I'm going with enough Tapii, Crepite and wood for bows and enough materials for years of armor and food crafting into the game. Not to talk about the 1000s of gold coins.

PLEASE WIPE! I want to start again and don't come into a world full of players with "end game" armor and weapon. Sitting on maxed level 125 horses.

Where are all the fanbois that said MO1 was going to have regular patches while SV is "making" MO2?

Derelicted MO community is so easily influenced that is not even funny. Psychosomatic, the power of the mind, placebos? nahh

Anyone actually discussing things being transfered to MO2? Wishy thinking is the fuel of these people.

View attachment 12936
-- 2018-11-16

View attachment 12937
-- 2018-12-12

Why after reading this im more convinced MO2 is going to be another moneygrab game. How could people be compensated for having several accounts that been subbed for years in another game that doesn't contemplate the same structure at all. Bunch of vets tripping hyped cuz "1 character per account" and skill revamp, i only see players having to sub more accounts. That whole thing is a very weak attempt to keep the few pixel hoarders left ingame.

Gotta say i love the looseness in Henrik's rambling about what may or may not be, something between the lines of the "true vision", which has been the motto like "working as intended".

Last edited:

Hayasa

Honored Member
@Henrik Nystrom @Sebastian Persson @Herius
Just wondering what is the plan as far as development for MO1 is concerned, are we getting any new patches between now and 1st quarter of 2020? If so, can please let us have a general idea of what is coming? Even just a brief overview will be great.
Dont worry it took a team for 20, 5 years to launch MO1, today we have a team of 1 who will do it in less time

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Where are all the fanbois that said MO1 was going to have regular patches while SV is "making" MO2?
The number one fan of Mortal Online (Henrik N.) is the one saying "we will try to keep them" (patches) "more steady again yes". And I believe Henrik as much as anyone can-- I just believe it after he does it (whatever it is): that is, after it turns out not to be impossible, and/or when contradictory statements have been resolved, and when "it gets done". Before then may be too soon, so until something happens I try to stick to just reporting what he said and when.

It's up to everyone to keep reminding him of pending promises that haven't proved impossible yet.
How could people be compensated for having several accounts that been subbed for years in another game that doesn't contemplate the same structure at all.
I guess it works about the same as eminent domain in Real Life-- your local or state or federal government decides if and when and why it will take your property and for "how much" compensation, and it's declared fair <because reasons>. You may not like it, but the bulldozers are coming nevertheless, and the people who i.e. drive on the new i.e. freeway mostly won't care, but if they do they'll send you their 'thoughts and prayers' after i.e. your house is a pile of rubble. (Is that too dramatic, Albanjo?)

Last edited:
Why after reading this im more convinced MO2 is going to be another moneygrab game. How could people be compensated for having several accounts that been subbed for years in another game that doesn't contemplate the same structure at all. Bunch of vets tripping hyped cuz "1 character per account" and skill revamp, i only see players having to sub more accounts. That whole thing is a very weak attempt to keep the few pixel hoarders left ingame.

Gotta say i love the looseness in Henrik rambling about what may or may not be, something between the lines of the "true vision", which has been the motto like "working as intended".
My main MO1 account has 1 fighter, 1 armorcrafter/butcher and 1 weaponcrafter/extractor. I hope this will still be possible with just 1 character, (account) or I would need a second account just to supply a simple foot fighter.

Please don’t transfer wealth. It will kill the game. No new players would stay knowing they are 10 years behind the og’s.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Please don’t transfer wealth. It will kill the game. No new players would stay knowing they are 10 years behind the og’s.
Is this really true for all new players? I ask because there's at least a trickle of new players now, isn't there? And they are by definition 10 years behind the og(h)'s now.

Slightly related: it's my definite impression that Henrik thinks that they can lure back many people from Steam who tried the game before, briefly (when they were several years behind those who'd been playing longest).

2017-08-28-(rpk)-lost-steam-newbies-can-be-reached-again.PNG

Speznat

Important Short Version:
Main Problem I see is in the Mechanic not in a wipe.

I just dont belive that wipe would change anything. We will have low tier pvp for maybe 3years ("MAYBE")
and what after? the same as now? High end gear everywhere will happen sooner or later.

and than what we do than? Wipe again or what?

sry is this rust or what?

Long Version:
If you think of it COmlete Wipe would be awfull.
you could try wipe any other game, guess what will happen.

i personally dont wont my hard earned shit, and all the countless of thousends of hours wasted for nothing, just because some playdoo kids that haven't even played 1k hours want a wipe, because they are to lazy to do grind thier own shit.

Guess what will happen 3years after a wipe???
exactly you guessed it right, it will be nearly the same as now.
Only differents people invested thier lifetime in this and believed henriks never wipe policy gets pissed.
and maybe gone.

much emptier game and much more people lost wow.

Maybe they shoudl instead balance the gear and stuff instead of wipping all to shit. if you invest 10years PP in 30 fucking guards than it should be like it is. these people farmed and grinded years for thier guards, but they cant sustain that in long run. to who gives a fuck, i dont say npc gards are good they are shit. but if people grinded thier half life in this game than this cant be for nothing.

just my opinion, salty posts incoming.

//Stuff i wrote a page later what i acutally ment:
the main thing i mean ist, what would change?

in 3years of MO2 we will have the same economy as now, so why wipe anyway?
it just dont make any sense, it will be the same as before or do you think many people play different than they did since 10years? they will grind and hoard and sell again. so what exactly does a wipe change?

you just fuck some veterans literally in the ass for nothing. It will change nothing it will evne go faster to high end again because people know how to make high edn stuff now without needing to research thousends of hours.

it just make zero sense.
im not only saying here stuff formy personal interrest. its just plain stupid to wipe. can you tell me the differences in a 5 year old MO2 and right now?you guessed it right, it will be the same shit, and people will beg for wipe again in 5 years and again in 10 years because all babay cryers whant low tier pvp again, but guess what? change game mechaniks could solve the issue not wiping. WTF is wrong with you.

Last edited:
Thread starter #17
The way I see things being transferred over may come in the form of relics that represent a player’s MO1 achievements or status in some way, shape or form. Kind of like a war veteran’s medals or something along those lines.

I’m hoping they will make it so that what we could currently achieve with four characters in MO1, we could achieve with one in MO2. That way, those with multiple accounts won’t feel gimped by the character system in MO2.

Last edited:

Speznat

The way I see things being transferred over may come in the form of relics that represent a player’s MO1 achievements or status in some way, shape or form. Kind of like a war veteran’s medals or something along those lines.

I’m hoping they will make it so that what we could currently achieve with four characters in MO1, we could achieve with one in MO2. That way, those with multiple accounts won’t feel gimped by the character system in MO2.
a medal of honor would be cool.
full wipe is okay if you get the shit aknowledeg like for example 5stacks gold Medal of Honor visible on charackter and Title
for 1 stack gold Veteran Medal and stuff.

than full wipe is okay for me, but the shit grind needs to be aknowledged. same with stats.

Thread starter #19
a medal of honor would be cool.
full wipe is okay if you get the shit aknowledeg like for example 5stacks gold Medal of Honor visible on charackter and Title
for 1 stack gold Veteran Medal and stuff.

than full wipe is okay for me, but the shit grind needs to be aknowledged. same with stats.
Maybe even special patterns or skins for armour and weapons in the form of crests, markings and ornaments that are only available to the longtime veterans who have been transferred over to MO2. That way, when other players see them in-game they immediately know that these are legendary characters as their appearance will be, shall we say... badass?

Yeonan

Trial Member
I think it's fair to say that at this point, MO1 is an "as is" product.

They may at some point introduce or tweak a feature, but that would only be to test it ahead of MO2.

Right now subs are probably just helping to cover server hosting costs and maybe some coffee for the office while they work on MO2.

SV wouldn't come out and say it either as that'd be pretty bad publicity.

But I wouldn't be expecting any updates of substance for MO1 anymore.