Discussion - Patch Notes 01/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

arfus1

Question on the guilds it says raised cap from 70 to 200 are those numbers correct ?? currently we blow up our guildstones at around 186 members . And also will we be able to remove deleted characters from the stone ?? If you look at Forsaken in the chronicles the only name that should be there is Rankor all the others we cant remove .

Grike

Damn thought they added a gatekeeper for keeps for a second!

Rankor

Arfy Said:
"Question on the guilds it says raised cap from 70 to 200 are those numbers correct ?? currently we blow up our guildstones at around 186 members . And also will we be able to remove deleted characters from the stone ?? If you look at Forsaken in the chronicles the only name that should be there is Rankor all the others we cant remove "

Uh, yeah...what Arfy said. :)

Zergi

when are we gonna get the old horses?

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
So!
Why no mount system?
Well in all honestly, thinking that I could complete that in a week I take as a compliment. We decided that the guild-member issues could no longer be left they way they were, we had to much issues with guilds and their members and to little control over it. So system got rebuilt to something that is a lot smoother to work with for all parts, the current cap at 200 could IMO be raised a lot but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to it.
Problems you had with the old guild system might have resolved themselves, I would imagine that issues with deleted characters is one of them. If not now we at least CAN solve them in a reasonable manner instead of constantly struggling vs the code.

Why no sewers?
We had the sewers built and ready for patch .15. After testing the out thou the result was not as good as we thought. In short a couple of the meshes we made "the way a sewer would look" rather then something that would end up working in a game with navmesh and all that. So it's currently being reworked we planned to have it in this patch but the DC issue was to big to hold the patch any longer.

xkrakenx

NPC Gatekeeper added inside the gates ( YESSSSSSSSS) .... in garden ( WTF REALLY?)

StrongMad

So!
Why no mount system?
Well in all honestly, thinking that I could complete that in a week I take as a compliment. We decided that the guild-member issues could no longer be left they way they were, we had to much issues with guilds and their members and to little control over it. So system got rebuilt to something that is a lot smoother to work with for all parts, the current cap at 200 could IMO be raised a lot but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get to it.
Problems you had with the old guild system might have resolved themselves, I would imagine that issues with deleted characters is one of them. If not now we at least CAN solve them in a reasonable manner instead of constantly struggling vs the code.

Why no sewers?
We had the sewers built and ready for patch .15. After testing the out thou the result was not as good as we thought. In short a couple of the meshes we made "the way a sewer would look" rather then something that would end up working in a game with navmesh and all that. So it's currently being reworked we planned to have it in this patch but the DC issue was to big to hold the patch any longer.
Ty for answering.

Mauzi

Status King
Either way I feel like I've been totally trolled by whoever compiled these notes.
Agree, and it is valid for this one aswell:
Added a bunch of new underwater creatures to fish.
It clearly speaks of creatures... *mutters*

This way of mis-describing things isn't really new, so I strongly advise to review the notes more carefully before releasing. Thank you !

Sirsancho

So!
Why no mount system?

Why no sewers?
ETA?

thanks

Zergi

Agree, and it is valid for this one aswell:

It clearly speaks of creatures... *mutters*

This way of mis-describing things isn't really new, so I strongly advise to review the notes more carefully before releasing. Thank you !
prob like frogs and other fishable >creatures< just check zoology skills, amphibia etc

Mauzi

Status King
currently we blow up our guildstones at around 186 members.
You guys clearly have too many accounts and alts each ! ;)

But seriously: Most veterans have 3-5 accounts which now makes 12-20 characters. So having a 200 member limit on a guild stone seems pretty stupid in my view; does SV ever do their math ? C'mon, anything below 500 will need to get raised in a couple of weeks again anyways - why not add a bit of a buffer instead of forcing you to permanent work on raising too low limits over and over ?

Needing a limit of 500 would have been clear to anyone who looks at what the playerbase actually uses and needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.