F2P Tamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
Can a F2P tamer get any decent pets? If yes,which ones?

paraalpha

yes, just kill adults and tame babies. Try anything and everything you want to, pet wise.

i wish there was a role f2p could play with their character and take part in some aspect of the game, but until now i only find that f2p can pick items from the ground as good as p2w players so there is really no need to try out taming. probably cant tame a bear or other good animal. besides from what i can tell an archer would kill your pet with 4 shots so it's really weak. better pick oak and bor you can compete there is f2p.

i wish there was a role f2p could play with their character and take part in some aspect of the game, but until now i only find that f2p can pick items from the ground as good as p2w players so there is really no need to try out taming. probably cant tame a bear or other good animal. besides from what i can tell an archer would kill your pet with 4 shots so it's really weak. better pick oak and bor you can compete there is f2p.
Let's get one thing straight right now. Mortal Online is NOT pay to win, it is a subscription based MMO. You pay the subscription, and you get all the same advantages everyone else does. If you choose to play for free, you get gimped. Simple as that.

Does the 60 skill level cap not matter?
It matters for the really high end stuff. For example, you're not going to be taming guardian minotaurs, spider queens, and most megnatons, etc. Also, you can't tame many creatures that are high level with the skill cap.

Let's get one thing straight right now. Mortal Online is NOT pay to win, it is a subscription based MMO. You pay the subscription, and you get all the same advantages everyone else does. If you choose to play for free, you get gimped. Simple as that.
you have access to better skills because you pay money. it is pay2win. but that is not the point of this thread go be mad somewhere else please.

you have access to better skills because you pay money. it is pay2win. but that is not the point of this thread go be mad somewhere else please.
No. You have access to the full skillset. That's not pay to win, that's how subscription MMOs work. You're not going to get better skills than anyone else just because you throw the most money at the game. That's not how MO works, so stop trying to mislead people.

No. You have access to the full skillset.
haha you even disqualify yourself with your own words. tell me how a f2p learns heavy armor training. please tell me that.

That's not pay to win, that's how subscription MMOs work.
subscription mmo only let you play if you pay money for them monthly.

You're not going to get better skills than anyone else just because you throw the most money at the game.
so it doesnt matter if i use the same weapon and have 60sp in a skill or 100? i think you dont know how this game works and you're not even new, yes? ok i only have the heavy armor training example for the better skills now, but i think there are more in the magic&crafting skills i am not sure, but individual skills are stronger if you pay your monthly fee.

realnaste

Honored Member
Then please convince the devs to stop calling it F2P

haha you even disqualify yourself with your own words. tell me how a f2p learns heavy armor training. please tell me that.
Poor sentence structure on my part. You get the full skillset by paying the sub, of course.
MO doesn't let you play with the full skillset without paying money monthly. It's an untimed free trial (think WoW).
so it doesnt matter if i use the same weapon and have 60sp in a skill or 100? i think you dont know how this game works and you're not even new, yes? ok i only have the heavy armor training example for the better skills now, but i think there are more in the magic&crafting skills i am not sure, but individual skills are stronger if you pay your monthly fee.
I already said you either pay the sub, or get gimped, this is no surprise. SV is very straight forward about this.
Then please convince the devs to stop calling it F2P
They don't. Steam decided to tag it as F2P, Star Vault had no control over what Steam tags it as.

then why are you even criticizing my post elsewise if you end up agreeing with me. :) lol
"pay the sub, or get gimped" exactly my opinion. i agree, so op will be a gimped tamer with weak pet.

I call BS. F2P rhetoric is all over MO.
Where? Besides on the home page where it says, "Play it now for free," I don't see the words "free to play" mentioned anywhere. But maybe I missed some things, or my memory isn't what it used to be. Mind enlightening me?

realnaste

Honored Member
Where? Besides on the home page where it says, "Play it now for free," I don't see the words "free to play" mentioned anywhere. But maybe I missed some things, or my memory isn't what it used to be. Mind enlightening me?
Oh come on. There is even a free to play trailer on MOs official youtube page.
Also- huge "play it for free" on the main page is more than enough.
In how many places more would you like to see it?
As I mentioned- I don't buy steam "forcing" a F2P tag.

Oh come on. There is even a free to play trailer on MOs official youtube page.
Also- huge "play it for free" on the main page is more than enough.
In how many places more would you like to see it?
As I mentioned- I don't buy steam "forcing" a F2P tag.
So, I went to YouTube and typed in "Mortal Online." The official YouTube channel was the 18th result on the page.
>.< And turns out, you're right, November 2012 there is a video claiming the game is free to play, and a year before that, one calling it free trial.

Nope if you wanna play a thief or a tamer who can actually tame worthwhile pets you need to sub.

As simple as that......

Enjoy taming weak non predatory animals as a F2P account....

bbihah

Nope if you wanna play a thief or a tamer who can actually tame worthwhile pets you need to sub.

As simple as that......

Enjoy taming weak non predatory animals as a F2P account....
I run my tamer as f2p. If you have the animal lore and the taming at 60. You can tame anything that the taming skill can tame. Meaning everything except the spiders, megnatons, scorpions and minotaurs.

There are SOME you cannot tame thought, but even subbed accounts cant tame these. And these are high level creatures such as 80+ dire wolves, bears and stalker lykiators.

Its easy to get around this though, just tame a level 50ish of whatever it is you want(or even lower level when it comes to the pets that just dont want to be tamed at high level, such as the white bear). and then TRAIN the pet up to higher level.

So yes, there is not a SINGLE animal that you CANT tame as a f2p. As a dominator on the other hand you ARE going to have trouble taming Megnatons and minotaurs. Especially since you will be at best on the limit of being able to tame these when you have both items and they are low level.

I'm getting tired of these whine threads, just remove free trial and keep it as sub only. Have free to play weekends where everyone has access to the game for free to 100% of its potential. Good weekends like this are those around major events. Such as now when we had steam release.

Everyone that matters wins. Subscribers don't have to keep trying to explain to people trying the game that what the poor pleb ragers are ranting about is not true.

I run my tamer as f2p. If you have the animal lore and the taming at 60. You can tame anything that the taming skill can tame. Meaning everything except the spiders, megnatons, scorpions and minotaurs.

There are SOME you cannot tame thought, but even subbed accounts cant tame these. And these are high level creatures such as 80+ dire wolves, bears and stalker lykiators.

Its easy to get around this though, just tame a level 50ish of whatever it is you want(or even lower level when it comes to the pets that just dont want to be tamed at high level, such as the white bear). and then TRAIN the pet up to higher level.

So yes, there is not a SINGLE animal that you CANT tame as a f2p. As a dominator on the other hand you ARE going to have trouble taming Megnatons and minotaurs. Especially since you will be at best on the limit of being able to tame these when you have both items and they are low level.

I'm getting tired of these whine threads, just remove free trial and keep it as sub only. Have free to play weekends where everyone has access to the game for free to 100% of its potential. Good weekends like this are those around major events. Such as now when we had steam release.

Everyone that matters wins. Subscribers don't have to keep trying to explain to people trying the game that what the poor pleb ragers are ranting about is not true.
You forgot about actual CC/advanced points they wouldnt be able to keep any decent 80+ decent predatory animal anyway.
How could you get 100 CC/ACC when your Taming is stuck at 60?
I agree taming needs to be sub only like Thievery

Status
Not open for further replies.