Feeling Safe in MO: Walls

Then there are TC grounds where this would still work. There are always extremly many ways in which someone could exploit a feature like ladders really hard.

I personally, as someone who plays pve stuff, trading and things like that wouldn't say no to ladders, if there is no chance to exploit it. It would be a cool feature, even if it only makes me loose stuff ^^" But I see RPK and other guilds in my mind which would try many possible exploits to blow up stuff easier, within the first hours of this kind of patch. =/
I mean, you cant really build anything outside the guildstone radius, so the only TC that could be affected by this are those built with TC towers. But those need a major rework too and you dont even need a mang to blow them up anyways, hell you can fire arrow or glaciar shard them from outside walls already.

Thread starter #22
Let's break free of the same old arguments for a moment.

What if a ladder cost exactly the same price as a mang, and the speed with which you could climb the ladder was set to exactly what it would take to destroy a small wall via boulders.

Would you still be against ladders? If yes please explain.

Thread starter #23
In recent(relatively) events, you were able to use elementalism to gain entry into walled areas, but this was changed because Pyre(the old pyre) lost a relic. Changing it so that the spell couldn't be used to gain access anymore was a poor reaction. Magic schools in general should be another means of adding raiding tools to the game - the fear that the siege weapons would just be built once the outer defences are surpassed is very understandable, because that will happen in the current state of the game. Pets(mounts with bags) go straight through walls. There is no way to currently limit this action via this particular game engine - though exploding mounts if they come into contact with walls would be hilarious, as long as it isn't my mount, right? ;)
I like the idea of placeable unpassable
barricades that injure and kill mounts.

Azachiel

Cronite Supporter
Let's break free of the same old arguments for a moment.

What if a ladder cost exactly the same price as a mang, and the speed with which you could climb the ladder was set to exactly what it would take to destroy a small wall via boulders.

Would you still be against ladders? If yes please explain.
I would be against ladders because it would be the biggest pain to use them xD (extremly slow moving up the stairs)

Speznat

Then there are TC grounds where this would still work. There are always extremly many ways in which someone could exploit a feature like ladders really hard.

I personally, as someone who plays pve stuff, trading and things like that wouldn't say no to ladders, if there is no chance to exploit it. It would be a cool feature, even if it only makes me loose stuff ^^" But I see RPK and other guilds in my mind which would try many possible exploits to blow up stuff easier, within the first hours of this kind of patch. =/
yeah ladder people, gett your aldders and put that in your ****.

no seriously walls would be okay if the prive would be balanced to the fact that you can cross walls and siege directly so a ladders hould costs the half of a what it takes to siege a metal wall because it couldbe easy bypassed and the thing could be sieged directly.

so azachiel is a party hard player:

Keurk

no seriously walls would be okay if the prive would be balanced to the fact that you can cross walls and siege directly so a ladders hould costs the half of a what it takes to siege a metal wall because it couldbe easy bypassed and the thing could be sieged directly.
Your opinions are literally dangerous for the game most of the time and could harm it even more.

so azachiel is a party hard player:
learn to read, nobody wants ladders where u can exploit siege equipment inside

Speznat

learn to read, nobody wants ladders where u can exploit siege equipment inside
yeah i know, but we need a solution,

so in general everybody want something to get over walls, and dont want that it can be exploided witht sieging inside by bypass the walls.

Solution:
If walls around a house/keep the ladder is cheap and can be used, But inside you cant build siege equipment because the walls around are closed, if SV would implement that than everybody is happy am i right?

Azachiel

Cronite Supporter
yeah i know, but we need a solution,

so in general everybody want something to get over walls, and dont want that it can be exploided witht sieging inside by bypass the walls.

Solution:
If walls around a house/keep the ladder is cheap and can be used, But inside you cant build siege equipment because the walls around are closed, if SV would implement that than everybody is happy am i right?

mhh... this could cause problems, when you have only a halfring of walls, because the other half is secured by a mountain or other stuff.

Thread starter #31
A friend raised a good point about walls being a huge gold suck for large guilds. It's important to think about that already for large tc guilds as well as smaller raiding access issues.

Speznat

mhh... this could cause problems, when you have only a halfring of walls, because the other half is secured by a mountain or other stuff.
Im Azachiel im seeing Problems but no solutions xD
No just joke, youre right i forgot that. So "in the end it doesnt even matter" it would be always exploidable with ladders, i guess thats the reason why SV didn't implemented them yet.

Party Soft:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
(As I am nearly as tired of saying as everyone is of hearing it, "In Shadowbane, we..." had Furies who could fly themselves and up to four other avatars up over a wall (and, really, no farther than that-- with a longish cooldown on the skill). No 'mules going up a ladder' (or molvas, or trained bears), not that it mattered-- because you could only siege by first dropping a rock and waiting for the Bane to go live before building war machines. Raids were raids, and sieges were sieges, and only about half of the women were men-- believe it or not.

I still can't understand why SV can't solve these problems as other games have.)

wow. mortal forums lives.

Dudes it's pretty simple, MO was not designed to have free placement walls. Walls of the chief offender of "does things players are supposed to do"; do they still have defensive NPCs? Autominers? Auto-breeders, etc. TC was implemented as some let the rich/entrenched autoplay mechanic, and it destroyed the game. The end game for new players is be able to wall off their favorite farming spot. haha. How boring.

There is no new mechanic that will counter walls, there already is a mechanic: breaking the wall. However, people usually don't do that because it's a waste of time.

"Open world pvp."

It doesn't really matter tho. Vince Carter 'it'sover.gif.' But it's amazing everyone is still here having the same discussions, love u guys.