File or Directory is Unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Sarkhan

I've been having problems installing Mortal. I can't get the client download to update, and a clean install from the torrent incurs the same problems. I've wiped Mortal from the computer, but when I run the updater.exe after extracting the torrent for a clean install it reads 'file or directory is unreadable'. I could try desura but I feel it would give the same problems if the game client download won't start either. Any suggestions?

EDIT: After I run the updater it corrupts the launcher as well.

Thread starter #2

Sarkhan

I redownloaded the torrent, ran the updater, and got the same error, 'file or directory is unreadable or corrupted'. If anyone could offer some insight it would greatly be appreciated. This is no fun, I want to play in Sarducaa.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
Extract the .rar in your old Mortal Online/make new folder. Then run the launcher (as admin).
If this is not working, all hope is lost.

Just extract the torrent version and play. Don't run updater, just run launcher. If problem occurs, send crash log to devs.

Thread starter #5

Sarkhan

Here are some of the error messages I encounter when trying to run the launcher from a clean extract into a clean folder.

Missing Object:frm

This version of Mortal is incompatible with 64-bit.

File or Directory is corrupted or unreadable.

Like I mentioned, after running the launcher through administrator the launcher corrupts itself and won't allow itself to be run again.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
Same location as the old one and all?
I read someone else had a corrupt launcher, but it later ignored the error and updated to the latest version or so. You got some anti-spyware software running and stuff that could mess with launcher?

Either download it over and over again till it works or steal working files from a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.