Finding out more about Gloria Victis

Thread starter #1
Seems like an interesting game, but like with every game I have an interest for, I will be watching many videos of it before I even consider buying it. Hence the reason for me posting this video; there will be more to come as I watch other videos of the game.

Thread starter #2
A video on combat by one of the devs, his accent was a little hard to understand but I got the gist of what he said for the most part.

Game is absolutely amazing. It's fun in every aspect, even gathering resources is quick and as fun as it can be. Devs listen to the community and update game very frequently. Game takes aspects of other mmos I love, for example combat is like simplified MO, territory system feels like one in Planetside,meaning there's constant fighting, crafting is great and ties in with other aspects of the game ect. You can buy keys for around 3$ on g2a and it's one time purchase only. I highly suggest the game

Keurk

i have a Gloria victis steam key for you Finegamingconnoisseur, if you want.

Yeonan

Trial Member
Game is absolutely amazing. It's fun in every aspect, even gathering resources is quick and as fun as it can be. Devs listen to the community and update game very frequently. Game takes aspects of other mmos I love, for example combat is like simplified MO, territory system feels like one in Planetside,meaning there's constant fighting, crafting is great and ties in with other aspects of the game ect. You can buy keys for around 3$ on g2a and it's one time purchase only. I highly suggest the game
So is it pretty much all PvP? Any decent pve?

And is it really limited looting? In the video he talked about loot points, and joining no loot seiges etc.

It seems interesting it just looks like its 90% pvp 10% everything else. Is that the case?

Thread starter #6
I’ve been watching videos on the game and yeah it does seem interesting, I’ll keep watching until I feel that it is what I want. So far it is ticking boxes, not all of them but some of the important ones on my list.

Regarding G2A, I cancelled my account today after finding out they’re charging inactivity fees but I will source my copy of the game from another legit site at some point if I decide to buy it.

So is it pretty much all PvP? Any decent pve?

And is it really limited looting? In the video he talked about loot points, and joining no loot seiges etc.

It seems interesting it just looks like its 90% pvp 10% everything else. Is that the case?
there is pve and it works pretty good. animals are easy to fight because they currently don't have any attack direction and you just just keep parring without problem. Humanoids tho have attack directions and higher leveled ones can easily kill you if you dont use shield. also taking on more than one humanoids is hard. There's also raid like events you can do. I know about one that's 80+ level you can farm for quite a lot of gold, but it needs group and you need to know what you're doing, but there's also world events that spawn randomly and you can join them, players from other factions can also join and there's usually pvp in those events.

as for looting, yes it's partial looting,so you have to choose what you're gonna take, but there are non-looting zones as well, mostly closer to the capital, so it's like low tier resources are in safe zone, medium tier resources are in non-looting zone(you can still get killed there) and good stuff is in pvp zones. Sieges are all lootable as far as I know

Valhalo

Trial Member
Looks like GV has come a long way since I last played it at launch, sadly they removed oceania server so if I play now days its just too janky, which is a real shame.

Thread starter #10
Well it turns out the whole “Living open world” is nothing more than fluff at this point in time: https://steamcommunity.com/app/327070/discussions/0/3300476731148859429/

While I think the game is decent and interesting from what I’ve seen so far, the devs have big shoes to fill when they put that kind of feature list in their ‘will be’ box, and I for one do hope that they make it become reality.