FPS drops caused by sounds

Thread starter #1

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Is there any way to fix it besides changing sound quality to CD?
I just made a test with max and low settings and still have massive lagg and fps drops during events like pulling out weapon or dying/killing someone.
It's clearly case of sound effects. How to fix it?

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
Contact me on Discord, I have some things I want you to try.

Roranicus

If you find a solution, please post results. I tried testing mine without sound and the outcome was inconclusive ( and I found it very hard to play without sound, anyway.)

Sounds like an Unreal Engine issue. Unreal 4 has issues with certain CPU types when it comes to sound and the more complex the sound scape becomes, specifically older AMD CPU's, like the FX series. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an issue in UE3 as well.

gotcher

Sounds like an Unreal Engine issue. Unreal 4 has issues with certain CPU types when it comes to sound and the more complex the sound scape becomes, specifically older AMD CPU's, like the FX series. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an issue in UE3 as well.
I've had similar issues on two different nvidia+Intel setups

Thread starter #8

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
mo sounds.png

It's all for now. You can try it by yourselves and check if it works for you.

Performance increase during sound events is significant but still far from perfect. Lines inside red boxes have fixed values.

Last edited:

oykd

did you embiance volume to 0 ?

View attachment 12294

Performance increase during sound events is significant but still far from perfect. Lines inside red boxes have fixed values.
This actually made my fps more stable. Before it was jumping from like 50-120 anywhere but now the jumps are dependant on the area. Like on FPS heavy area its just stable 60-70 and FPS light area 110-120. Though I changed it on Engine.ini aswell by mistake but dunno if that makes any difference hehe.

Thread starter #11

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Mortal Royale has the same .ini so you can apply it there as well

View attachment 12294

Im going to try this, I never thought about asking a gm about it, I figured they would just tell me to turn my pc off then on xD thx!

Thread starter #13

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Weirdly enough It seems to perform better in windowed mode. I've noticed significantly fewer freezes.

Thread starter #16

Komodor

Oghmium Supporter
Just wanted to let you know that I've fixed fps drop issues.
It looks like MO has problem with loading big parts of data (like sound files) so I had massive freezes and lag spikes during activities with extra sound effects (like killing/dying, pulling weapon, etc.)
I simply fixed it by exchanging HDD with SSD. All lags and fps drops gone. Everything is loading instantly so game do not have lag-time with sounds.
I hope it will help someone too

Waittttt a minute here, so now its legit to mess around with the ini file? roflmao

People used to cheat (yes cheat) in secrecy now herius giving a free pass. This is excelent.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Waittttt a minute here, so now its legit to mess around with the ini file? roflmao

People used to cheat (yes cheat) in secrecy now herius giving a free pass. This is excelent.
He WHAT?

I'm in love with the idea, but he's a cad for making me look like an idiot, after me telling people for all these years not to do it.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
The cat thinks it can allways fell down standing but will not when hes missing its tail.
What a wonderful old folk saying and piece of nostalgia that's just wrong.

A cat's tail is used very little in the 'landing on its feet' move, and tailless cats can also manage it (Wiki link). I've seen cats born without tails (Manx) and with stubs of tails (ditto) and one (not a Manx) that lost his tail to a raccoon manage it.

Did @Herius also say Komodor, et alia, could necro this thread? I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANYMORE.