FREE TO PLAY

Thread starter #1
When the island comes i would highly suggest going full free to play and adding a small store where you can buy some items.

Store Items.
Extra toons for your account
loin cloth
Capes
Cosmetic Quivers That go in cape slot
Cosmetic Backpacks That go in the cape slot
Different types of rags for you player
Name Changer
Race Changer
Titles

This way you can still make money of people wanting to change stuff and people that want cosmetics all so many new players would stick with the game with it being free to play.

Runescape: free to play that only play with other free to play or 4:99 a month
Elder scrolls online: 1 time payment that you can get on g2a for 11:75
Albion: now free to play
Warframe: free to play
Mortal Online: free to play but cap all skills at level 60 and still play with members so game seems pay to win to a noob. Or a monthly payment of 14.25. All most 3 times the price of RS And its ongoing unlike ESO

Or at least give free to play skills up to 100 but keep some skills pay to play like thieving, tailoring, Carpentry and Sculpturing.

Last edited:

sunshiner

I dont buy the premise that people will stick with the game because its free. It might make them try it, but that is not whats gonna make people stick around.
I am just guessing, but I also don't think there is a significant overlap between people whom would not have tried it if it weren't free, and people whom stick around.
Personally I also think the f2p move was the biggest mistake they made a long the way.

Thread starter #3
i disagree with you i had many people come in my stream and mention the price being to much for what the game is and all of my friends not some ALL said it was to much for what it is and y they all tried it for a week and never stuck to it considering the options in free to play and pay to play mortal online is just not worth it.

Mortal Online: free to play but cap all skills at level 60 and still play with members with a monthly payment of, EUR 14.25(incl. VAT EUR 2.85)

Store Items.
loin cloth
Capes
Name Changer
Race Changer
Titles
I've also suggested following items for the cash shop in past posts: special house decorations including paintings, picture of your "favorite" dev on a training dummy, graveyard lots for your deleted toons with custom gravestones, unique emotes, and unusual facial and body features (eg. hunchback, chubby/thin figure).

Last edited:
Thread starter #5
I've also suggested following items for the cash shop in past posts: special house decorations including paintings, picture of your "favorite" dev on a training dummy, graveyard lots for your deleted toons with custom gravestones, unique emotes, and unusual facial and body features (eg. hunchback, chubby/thin figure).
Yeah some great stuff there

MolagAmur

When the island comes i would highly suggest going full free to play and adding a small store where you can buy some items.

Store Items.
loin cloth
Capes
Name Changer
Race Changer
Titles

This way you can still make money of people wanting to change stuff and people that want cosmetics all so many new players would stick with the game with it being free to play
Good luck with that. We have been asking this for years.

I agree that f2p opened up the game for more players but, there probably a very slim chance they will go full free to play when they stated that MO2 will only be pay to play. Why would they want to build up a f2p base when such players will not have an option to play in the next game? They would basically be burning much of their playerbase when/if MO2 replaces MO.

Granted they could do it if they plan to run both side by side. But even then I think it would make more sense to have one sub that gives access to both games. Free players would still get a taste as they do now but subbing would have extra value because it would give premium to MO and also access to MO2.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
if they plan to run both side by side.
As Seb has said that they will, at first, and for some length of time-- as they apparently intend to add MO1-continuation features to MO2 very slowly.
But even then I think it would make more sense to have one sub that gives access to both games.
That would indeed be pleasant.

Thread starter #9
I agree that f2p opened up the game for more players but, there probably a very slim chance they will go full free to play when they stated that MO2 will only be pay to play. Why would they want to build up a f2p base when such players will not have an option to play in the next game? They would basically be burning much of their playerbase when/if MO2 replaces MO.

Granted they could do it if they plan to run both side by side. But even then I think it would make more sense to have one sub that gives access to both games. Free players would still get a taste as they do now but subbing would have extra value because it would give premium to MO and also access to MO2.
The game is all ready free to play just with a pay to win look/feel to it

MolagAmur

The game is all ready free to play just with a pay to win look/feel to it
Its quite annoying seeing people say this. The game is free to try, but nobody wants to play a game where their characters are locked at 60% progression. Especially in Mortal Online, where those last 40 points mean night and day.

You can't PvP without being at a major disadvantage. You can't craft without making garbage that you can't wear if you are trying to stay under a certain weight. You can't craft to sell because people don't want to buy half lore created items, because they are junk. You can't do much of anything really other than try things. You can make a "free to play build", but it doesn't change what I just said.

Imagine how many people instantly uninstalled the game when they read it was free to play, then realized they had to spend $15 to unlock their skills. Chances are they are already frustrated with the horrible tutorial, bugs, and getting butchered by reds in the graveyard...so its probably an easy uninstall. At least when they have to spend $15 to try the game in the first place, they are invested and more likely to continue giving the game a chance.

Vaith

Might be better to just lock things such as theivery for Free to play, maybe some of the weapon options. Things thaat will tempt them to go Sub.

Perhaps magic is not allowed as Free To Play, but you let them loot books that would otherwise teach them magic. you know free to play traps like that.

Thread starter #12
Its quite annoying seeing people say this. The game is free to try, but nobody wants to play a game where their characters are locked at 60% progression. Especially in Mortal Online, where those last 40 points mean night and day.

You can't PvP without being at a major disadvantage. You can't craft without making garbage that you can't wear if you are trying to stay under a certain weight. You can't craft to sell because people don't want to buy half lore created items, because they are junk. You can't do much of anything really other than try things. You can make a "free to play build", but it doesn't change what I just said.

Imagine how many people instantly uninstalled the game when they read it was free to play, then realized they had to spend $15 to unlock their skills. Chances are they are already frustrated with the horrible tutorial, bugs, and getting butchered by reds in the graveyard...so its probably an easy uninstall. At least when they have to spend $15 to try the game in the first place, they are invested and more likely to continue giving the game a chance.
And how many of them people that come and tried the game then seen the price tag and left do you think would have stayed and kept on playing. Now before you say some thing dumb like 0 your wrong i have had many people i know, met, in my community and that have been in my stream that have said great game but the price tag is to much for what it is

MolagAmur

Or do like others games and do increased bank space, inventory space, carry weight, +15% XP gain towards skills, Sarducca?, X amount of credits for the cosmetic store you need to add, etc.

And how many of them people that come and tried the game then seen the price tag and left do you think would have stayed and kept on playing. Now before you say some thing dumb like 0 your wrong i have had many people i know, met, in my community and that have been in my stream that have said great game but the price tag is to much for what it is
Perhaps a lot more than the handful that are left today? You do realize the concept of being invested because you spent money on something upfront right?

You give me free food and its not that good I will probably not eat it and just toss it in the trash. You sell me food and its not that good, then I will probably eat it anyway if I'm hungry enough and I paid for it.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
the game is only running so Henrik can keep milking the swedish government for cash
Harsh? Maybe, but if you "follow the money", that's got to be some part of it.

If nothing else, it really sounds, at the very least, like an inspiration for Star Vault not to quit.

For them making money I have no issue with. Devs probably spent countless hours on this game. They should be paid. But comparing this game to Elder Scrolls Online is unreasonable. Elder Scrolls is a way bigger title and company with more money. So they can do things like that. What I would suggest is make something like fortnite. Make money on skins. Make it F2P with P2P option. Just like MO currently. But add a skin store or something. Make items like capes purchasable or available for holiday events. Implement it by adding crafting option that give no bonus and use a lore thats already in the game. So say you had a awesome armor design make that armor design a selection in armor crafting. Make them limited time offer so no one has the same armor. Same stats but different design.

I remamber when Mortal Online went free to play and rellesed on steam, we had 2000 players online daily (beccouse thats all the server could handle) it was a big succses. But then the game faild again beccouse of huge game ques it taken u long time to log in beccouse server could not handle more then 2k players and server was unstable as hell, after that new players got a bad impresion and just left the game even i left the game for a while did not want to bodder to log in just to wait for hours and then crash again or something, if the original free to play lunch went good we would have over 5k people probbely playing till this day. But amagine if the game went fully free to play again and server could handle like 10 000 people plus the ingame store. The game would be a succses most likely

50 people playing through steam on a weekend and that number keeps dropping. All those breached accounts to. This game is dead, noob island might bring back a few 100 hard core fans of the game we will see.

The least they could do is give some free game time when noob island launches or a discount on the sub. 15$ for a game that is being replaced by MO2 who does that it's a joke.

I dont know if it is possible but I offer to pay sub price with in game gold. Some games such as Eve online , archeage etc allows players to buy subs with in game credits. Maybe this can be a solution for the ppl who dont wanna play because of high sub prices.

Store Items.
loin cloth
Capes
Cosmetic Backpacks That go in the cape slot
Name Changer
Race Changer
Titles

This way you can still make money of people wanting to change stuff and people that want cosmetics all so many new players would stick with the game with it being free to play.

Mortal Online: free to play but cap all skills at level 60 and still play with members so game seems pay to win to a noob. Or a monthly payment of 14.25. All most 3 times the price of RS And its ongoing unlike ESO

Or at least give free to play skills up to 100 but keep some skills pay to play like thieving, tailoring, Carpentry and Sculpturing.
you're on the wrong forums,
this is Starvault remember, they dont reply to suggestions