What murder count system you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

DarockyITA

Hi,

i was thinking about murder counts in this game. So i remembered ultima online murder counts and let me tell you the old uo system was much better than this one!

Now if you decide to become a pk, the baddest thing can happen to you is die with a lot of murder counts and lose the stats points. Now, how long it takes to get stats back? 10 minutes? maybe less...
In uo when you died with murdercounts, you could lose 10% of skills (not stats) every murder count you got. So who had high number of murder counts would risk to destroy his char.
And i think this is the point. If you turn red here you wont beware about die, when you would do! You are a pk and everyone want kill you, but after 10 minutes you are ready again to fight. wtf is this? Imho that's why everybody is going pk and nobody do anti-pk.
In ultima online pks were only the best pvp players with a very good team behind them, cause on death you were losing the char. Here you can go around the world and kill every naked noob without risks of anything, just losing your equip (like blues do) and like i already said lose the stats (10 minutes to cap em again?).

So which is the good and the bad of being a pk for you?
And do you think is better uo system or this one?

No flames please.
I already know about 80% of the ppl got a pk so will vote for current system, but i think you know in your mind that murder counts are useless. Just a counter and nothing else.

I agree in many ways but unfortunately our current problem with the system, versus Ultima Online's, is that it's tough to control yourself in some cases.

By this I mean: In UO you had an option, as a blue player, to alert you if you almost mistakenly targetted a blue player. You could ONLY hit the people you specifically target, while in MO your weapon will hit everyone in it's path. This means that people who don't necessarily want to go red will when in large battles on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong though, we understand that this is an issue and it needs to be addressed, but it's just a bit complicated!

Thread starter #3

DarockyITA

Can't you add an option like in ultima where you can declare your char blue and cant attack other blues? You will swing but if in your path there is one red and one blue, the blue will be jumped on dmg calculation and the red will get dmg instead

in ultima you could decheck that option and you could attack everything without alert, and you could become red like here, just for mistake.

And a thing you could add the hard penalty after dunno 20 counts? maybe you are not red by mistake in that case :)

Dsn

Honored Member
10 per 1 is a bit much more like 1 skill point from 2 random skills per 2 MCs.

along with the ability of Guildmasters of keeped guilds to temporarily declare a area in their territory a war zone costing a lot of pp(large initial pp cost and more pp per min then 2 towns can supply and or scaled down or up by the size of teritory but not initial cost) but able to kill anyone without Mcs.

Strilan

Exalted Member
Can't you add an option like in ultima where you can declare your char blue and cant attack other blues? You will swing but if in your path there is one red and one blue, the blue will be jumped on dmg calculation and the red will get dmg instead

in ultima you could decheck that option and you could attack everything without alert, and you could become red like here, just for mistake.

And a thing you could add the hard penalty after dunno 20 counts? maybe you are not red by mistake in that case :)
I like the shit out of this idea.

I'm sorry, there wasn't a button.

:-(

Thread starter #6

DarockyITA

Ye there was an option in uo for that :)

You could check the option "query before performing criminal actions" in the Reputation System tab of game options. So when you tried to hit a non criminal it popped up an alert window asking you were right about that action

uo_flag.jpg

KhaoticKaos

oh god, the most carebear and terrible suggestion ive heard in weeks

Diphling

The Desperado

While "carebear", this idea would be awesome.

Dovakiing

^Or a rational, and logical idea that would balance an un-balanced system.....

KhaoticKaos

While "carebear", this idea would be awesome.
In a semi "realistic" game, adding an option where you swing goes through other players is terrible.

Should there be an option that makes it impossible to friendly fire your guildmates?

The game is skill based, if you can't help hitting your allies, firstly you're terrible and secondly, maybe they should just NOT give you murdercounts.

Thread starter #11
In a semi "realistic" game, adding an option where you swing goes through other players is terrible.

The game is skill based, if you can't help hitting your allies, firstly you're terrible and secondly, maybe they should just NOT give you murdercounts.
Well the button was an idea to let ppl choice if going red or not. Maybe there are many other kind of solutions. The core of the question is about the murder count system, with no penalties for who decide to be pk (and im not speaking about casual pks).
You say semi-realistic game, but what about going around with something weight almost like you with a heavy weapon and still can run like the mages that are naked and athletics? Or lez speak about magery, not so realistic i can shoot you a thunder from the sky... am i zeus?
Anyway it's a game, something must be different from the real.

I agree with you about second part of the msg when you say you would not need the button if you know how to play. But many new guys cant go red after some hours because they are not skilled :)

Diphling

The Desperado

Let's not forget that we bandage while sprinting, throw thunderbolts, and have artillery bats...

When you're in a town zerg, sometimes it's not as easy as it sounds. Town defenders are at a large disadvantage, because if they accidently hit a blue, they have guards on their ass and reds at their face.

Thing here is that in MO what is and is not RPK is very hard to define. To a miner killing him is an act of RPK, but to some people it could be seen as an easier way to earn granum than mining. Thus there is a specific reason as to why they killed you, making it not random.

There really should be no flagging system in this game other than a guild flag system that makes a person red if they are in an enemy guild, blue in an allied guild and green in your guild. Every one else has a purple or something flag which means they are unimportant. If you kill or attack some one in city limits you get a hidden flag that allows guard to target you. If you thieve in a city you get a hidden flag like it is now, and once pushed guards and players can kill you. No murder counts this way and hidden guard flag is local to the town and lasts for 6-8 hours, so you can enter that town but you can enter other that you haven't commited a crime in.

Still has a problem with the guard system but wont allow players to call guards on people.

Dsn

Honored Member
1.Thing here is that in MO what is and is not RPK is very hard to define. To a miner killing him is an act of RPK, but to some people it could be seen as an easier way to earn granum than mining. Thus there is a specific reason as to why they killed you, making it not random.

There really should be no flagging system in this game other than a guild flag system that makes a person red if they are in an enemy guild, blue in an allied guild and green in your guild. Every one else has a purple or something flag which means they are unimportant. If you kill or attack some one in city limits you get a hidden flag that allows guard to target you. If you thieve in a city you get a hidden flag like it is now, and once pushed guards and players can kill you. No murder counts this way and hidden guard flag is local to the town and lasts for 6-8 hours, so you can enter that town but you can enter other that you haven't commited a crime in.

Still has a problem with the guard system but wont allow players to call guards on people.
The first thing you said is the Definition of Rpk.

Diphling

The Desperado
My 2c-

Harsher penalties for reds after there is incentive to be blue. The only negative consequence to being red is not being able to enter a town on that character. This is mitigated by having multiple characters. Give me a reason to keep my characters blue, and they will remain that way.

KhaoticKaos

Let's not forget that we bandage while sprinting, throw thunderbolts, and have artillery bats...

When you're in a town zerg, sometimes it's not as easy as it sounds. Town defenders are at a large disadvantage, because if they accidently hit a blue, they have guards on their ass and reds at their face.
I honestly can't believe you just said town zergs are at a disadvantage.

I don't even know how to reply.

The first thing you said is the Definition of Rpk.
I did not? I showed a situation where one side would believe they were RPKed and the other believed they weren't.

The definition of RPK would be to kill players at random. I did not mention that in my original post.

Dsn

Honored Member
I did not? I showed a situation where one side would believe they were RPKed and the other believed they weren't.

The definition of RPK would be to kill players at random. I did not mention that in my original post.
Did he care who he was as long as he had stuff on him... no so Rpk.

omg that naked guy may have stuff on him lets kill him too.

o look at that tamer he must be having some gold on him lets kill him as well.

Diphling

The Desperado
I honestly can't believe you just said town zergs are at a disadvantage.

I don't even know how to reply.
You misinterpreted- the individual is at a disadvantage when not fighting with guilded people. Case and point ENVY raiding fabernum. If there was 5 or 6 people defending against 10 ENVY invadors, they could hug the guardzone quite safely, and try to skirmish the enemies away. The second an individual went grey, they were doomed. They couldn't run back into the GZ, and they definitely couldn't just go berzerkerganger on the reds outside. It's the shittiest part of both worlds. All of this, while the red can swing indiscriminantly.

KhaoticKaos

I'm not opposed to harsher red penalties, but the flagging and murder count system need much more work before this can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.