Give swords a dismount chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

MolagAmur

There needs to be something to combat mounteds with other than heavy axes. It makes sense to give axes a high dismount chance...but to give swords ZERO chance to dismount is stupid.

Even if its 10% chance for swords...we need something. Currently the situation is if you are caught out in the open with a sword...there is nothing you can do and the MC knows that. They have ZERO fear of someone with swords, which is just plain dumb.

Please implement something to counter. (If you agree please vote on this post so maybe SV will notice it)

Bordelli

There is a sword that has dismount chance. ^_^

This was tested before sword head rebalanced though so more testing could be required.

Thread starter #3

MolagAmur

If its heavy as hell it doesn't count lol. May as well use an axe

Bordelli

Gold swelled blade is what has dismount chance but is so heavy it makes it not really viable.

Bordelli

But made of gold?
Are you going all rhodri on us?
Hahahaha. I just really wanted a sword that could dismount because I was tired of having no counter to mounted. I tried archery but it only worked well against fatmages.

Darran

I think all weapons should have a dismount chance when hitting the rider.

Kha-Ri

Honored Member
Overhead strike with swelled blade made out of tindremic messing or tungsteel?

Dsn

Honored Member

Strilan

Exalted Member
There was a time when every weapon had a chance to dismount. They removed it... I think that was the worst decision for the game balance re: foot v mounted.

RhodriTaliesin

Cronite Supporter
There was a time when every weapon had a chance to dismount. They removed it... I think that was the worst decision for the game balance re: foot v mounted.
It's because it was near impossible to play as anything but a mounted archer. It was a shitty mechanic then, the dice-roll system.

Status
Not open for further replies.