Gloria Victis

Thread starter #1

Dalacor

Sorry if this was discussed previously, cant find a thread for it.

I have noticed a lot of MO players playing GV recently, I reinstalled after a year or more and the game seems super polished and optimized. Can any of you give a brief review of the game, good aspects, bad. Interested to hear more. Looks rather fun having watched some PVP and siege videos.

Any yes it has FP view working now!!

Speznat

sry but third person makes the whole game shit.

if it would be first person only i would give it a shot it still looks like the thousend cheap rip off alpha shitgames that dont give a fuck about good gameplay and makes stuff mainstream shit like.

sry but i get casual aids if im looking at that.

if these things are in than im in:

One Server Only, no dedicated server bullshit and stuff
A sub model, because one time pay and forever play let every game die in the long run
First Person Only
True Hardcore Atleast like mortal and not some casual nooby bullshit

if you wanna compare gloria Victis with mortal

than it would be same like if you compare:

Battlefield5 with a true hardcore game like Arma3 sry dont get me wrong but its like gloria victis is mortal in cheap and casual fucked.

anyway i hope i pissed noone at the knee
Party Hard! :)

Thread starter #3

Dalacor

sry but third person makes the whole game shit.

if it would be first person only i would give it a shot it still looks like the thousend cheap rip off alpha shitgames that dont give a fuck about good gameplay and makes stuff mainstream shit like.

sry but i get casual aids if im looking at that.

if these things are in than im in:

One Server Only, no dedicated server bullshit and stuff
A sub model, because one time pay and forever play let every game die in the long run
First Person Only
True Hardcore Atleast like mortal and not some casual nooby bullshit

if you wanna compare gloria Victis with mortal

than it would be same like if you compare:

Battlefield5 with a true hardcore game like Arma3 sry dont get me wrong but its like gloria victis is mortal in cheap and casual fucked.

anyway i hope i pissed noone at the knee
Party Hard! :)
Almost everything you said has been done already, first person looks great, graphics overhaul make it look really nice, servers were joined into regional mega servers. I didn't say either was better but the population and action in GV is far more appealing than dead MO. Hence why I asked for some first hand experience not someone who played it 12 months ago(like me).

I like you have not played this in some time. But I do remember playing it for a bit. So I must have liked it some.

It may be worth a revisit.

Thread starter #5

Dalacor

I like you have not played this in some time. But I do remember playing it for a bit. So I must have liked it some.

It may be worth a revisit.
Ive joined a clan on EU server with the Ismir race called Stormur FYI. Has a few MO players it seems. Seem decent so far.

I like the crafting in GV - it is a bit over complicated and it’s hurting my head trying to work it all out, but that’s how MO felt when I started trying to make steel for the first time

They have a tiered crafting system, similar to basic -> advanced ore extraction in MO but for every single crafting school, where lower tier crafting items are combined and refined into another higher tiered item. Even with armors, some of the high tier chainmail gear requires a medium tiered leather equivalent piece to be built.

It is daunting as a noob, but I think this is a great way that GV is attempting to maintain a populated world. By having all tier of materials feeding into the endgame tier item, it means that the entire map is being faught over for even basic resource. Unlike in MO, where we could argue that, say, razorback spawns are currently completely redundant for farming since their yield is nowhere near worthwhile compared to other monsters farming locations

Thread starter #7

Dalacor

Um ok, I found where all the MO players went, to GV. They are everywhere, in every faction on the EU server. Game is fun so far though ive not reached end game yet.

Aemone

Tons of pvp but not nearly as fun as mortal pvp.

Thread starter #9

Dalacor

Tons of pvp but not nearly as fun as mortal pvp.
I would agree, constant PVP, nice looking game, less buggy than Mortal even though its not even released yet. But again nothing can beat MO for combat.....

The problem is that combat in MO is only good when you can get it.

I would agree, constant PVP, nice looking game, less buggy than Mortal even though its not even released yet. But again nothing can beat MO for combat.....

The problem is that combat in MO is only good when you can get it.
I played it like 2-3 hours. Npc's act strange , they charge u and then decide to run away( i remember times when it was a thing in mortal online beta :D). shield fighters are meta imo. Still im going to stick with MO, till last online player quit.

Aemone

I played it like 2-3 hours. Npc's act strange , they charge u and then decide to run away( i remember times when it was a thing in mortal online beta :D). shield fighters are meta imo. Still im going to stick with MO, till last online player quit.
Npcs are 1000x better than in MO no ranged magic, can parry and have collision. Shields are extremely op but not for dpsing just for turtleing and staying alive. You can also kick shield fighters but that is not really feasible when you are out numbered.

Npcs are 1000x better than in MO no ranged magic, can parry and have collision.
Id say they are 2x worse than mortal. they shift away for random reasons. cant parry in MO is just l2p issue.

Thread starter #13

Dalacor

Personally nothing is worse than MO AI. GV is buggy but is alpha, MO was released 10 years ago...

Had a look of the game on Steam, seems okay and interesting.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/327070/Gloria_Victis/

Came across this part:
Living Open World
Seamless, breathtaking, challenging, dynamically reacting to your actions – the massive and diversified world of Gloria Victis awaits you!”

Not sure what to make of this, this slogan has been over-used by practically every mmorpg and whenever I hear it I get slightly turned off. Just like MO’s “rule an entire nation” which is a bit of a misnomer because player nations don’t currently exist. But I may still give it a try if the price comes down one of these days.

Does it have thievery, hunger, thirst and sleep mechanics?

Aemone

Probably because you are running out of their aggro range??? Just stand and fight them I assure you it's far less buggy.

Aemone

You can also fight much larger groups in GV but it is not nearly as easy as in MO, due to shield turtling and no friendly fire.

No friendly fire... going to give this a miss. I’m sure it’s fun for those who like it for what it is, but to each his own.

I'm thinking about buying it, seems pretty polished and fun. How's player amount? Is it like MO, around 100 players on entire server? I know PvE is gimped atm, but I read one review where guy said you cant do anything unless max level, is it true?