Has anyone played this game?

Thread starter #1
Went hunting with a friend the other day in MO and during the trip they told me about this game called Kenshi. At first, I thought it was some random Japanese anime game or something, until I looked it up on Steam.

It seems very MO’ish in its brutal and harsh world that is actually living and breathing (three words that aren’t found anywhere in the game’s description, which was refreshing).

The best part:
Independently developed with no design influences, or alterations dictated by men in gray suits who have never played a game before in their lives.”

Kenshi on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/

Has anyone played this, and would like to share or discuss their experiences and thoughts?

Last edited:

Speznat

sry looks clunky and shit graphics, yes i know mortal is also shit graphics but back in 2009-2010 when i discovered mortal it had decent graphics for its time, but this game is currently in development. I dont know why they dont fucking use decent engines with high end graphics like unreal engine 4. why the fuck shouldn't they use Unreal engine 4 and if they use than they should use it properly for ultra high end grpahics than players come from alone.

Best example black desert online, atleast 50% of players give black desert a shot just for the ultra graphics.
No good graphics = mostly shit.

if devlopers really care about there game, than the first thing are eyecandy.
If you have good eyecandy than the developer took the game very serious.

Kenshi is one of those games with a huge learning curve, due to how much depth is in the game. It's hard to pick up and play, you'll get confused and have no idea what's going on - but once you start to learn what is happening, you can put a lot of hours in to it.

I'd recommend trying it out.

sry looks clunky and shit graphics, yes i know mortal is also shit graphics but back in 2009-2010 when i discovered mortal it had decent graphics for its time, but this game is currently in development. I dont know why they dont fucking use decent engines with high end graphics like unreal engine 4. why the fuck shouldn't they use Unreal engine 4 and if they use than they should use it properly for ultra high end grpahics than players come from alone.

Best example black desert online, atleast 50% of players give black desert a shot just for the ultra graphics.
No good graphics = mostly shit.

if devlopers really care about there game, than the first thing are eyecandy.
If you have good eyecandy than the developer took the game very serious.
Graphics don't mean a thing. Most of these eye candy games, lack depth and replayability. Hence why most graphically advanced games are annual releases of some watered down game franchise. Third person games are also easier to scale graphics to a more detailed level, because you don't have to worry too much about texture resolutions, draw distances, LOD levels etc like you do in a first person game - Not to mention a first person open world game.

If SV wanted to move to UE4, it would take years for MO to be functional on it. UE4 is very different from UE3, SV would have to do a major rewrite of their game code/frame work.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
If SV wanted to move to UE4, it would take years for MO to be functional on it.
In before someone else says that "it would take years for MO to be functional" starting now, whether they move to a different engine or not.

Kenshi ain't for everyone (we do have fairly regular folks that come by and badmouth, about once a month or two). But If you *like* the kind of freeroam, sandbox, you're-not-the-hero, no-handholding ype of game, Kenshi is awesome. And pretty unique.

It's neither an empire builder nor a straight rpg, nor a squad based tactics game. It's something else entirely, greater than the sum of its parts. The community is helpful, the devs do actually read the stuff that goes here and on the official forum, and the mods are active as well.

DafontMapQuestFileHippo

Last edited:
If SV wanted to move to UE4, it would take years for MO to be functional on it. UE4 is very different from UE3, SV would have to do a major rewrite of their game code/frame work.
On the same grounds, it may be time to start learning some new engines, which may be one of the reasons they started working on something like Kitten'd. TBH, if they're looking at staying in the "mmo" side of the house Lumber Yard is looking fairly decent, especially with the streaming/networking already built into it.