Herius Third Brain Cell, The Poleswordening

Thread starter #1

Teknique

https://prnt.sc/kp5zb9- Gear set up

Half stam on 3 and a half swings. I understand my stam management was pretty shit right there but ogh on a veela at the very least sucks

https://prnt.sc/kp5v4v -Getting hit for 78 by a mounted with a sledge on cronite excub which is high end armor thats supposed to have blunt protection..

https://prnt.sc/kp5wh9 Hitting mages for 20 with an ogh pole completely stammed out

@Herius I tried it, patch still sucks

now I know if you want to persuade someone its better to be nice, but with how lame that patch was, its impossible sorry :(.

Last edited:
Half stam on 3 and a half swings. I understand my stam management was pretty shit right there but ogh on a veela at the very least sucks
You mean half stam on ur 5th swing after sprinting a bunch with your swing charged

Ogh is a heavy metal to begin with dude, and they want the use of pole(long)swords to be slowed down a lot. Find and stick to a better recipe/metal or change weapons. That easy.

Didn't even watch the video.

EDIT: Just watched the video. Your stam is fine. Youre running around and swinging and your stam is going down at a perfectly fine speed. Stop complaining.

Thread starter #4

Teknique

Ogh is a heavy metal to begin with dude, and they want the use of pole(long)swords to be slowed down a lot. Find and stick to a better recipe/metal or change weapons. That easy.

Didn't even watch the video.

EDIT: Just watched the video. Your stam is fine. Youre running around and swinging and your stam is going down at a perfectly fine speed. Stop complaining.
I could left click and be at 0 stam and you'd probably say the same thing

Thread starter #5

Teknique

You mean half stam on ur 5th swing after sprinting a bunch with your swing charged
4, the last one I essentially cut the video and the one where I just tapped. So 3 and a half exactly as I said

yeah this nerf wasnt needed honestly, while spears are still OP. If anything they should've nerfed Great Blades only...

4, the last one I essentially cut the video and the one where I just tapped. So 3 and a half exactly as I said
Go get a plastic ruler. pause the vid. measure the stam bar on ur screen. you hit under half as u started charging the 5th. so at least 4+ swings.

and yes I just did this lol. Its hard to measure perfectly but its def not half at 3.

yeah this nerf wasnt needed honestly, while spears are still OP. If anything they should've nerfed Great Blades only...
Then axes and short handle clubs would still suck. and this buffed a lot of 1h weps. And gb only nerf would nerf swords for no reason. Spears still need a nerf just cuz they are just stupid easy, but otherwise patch was actually really good. Before the only reason to use swords was to save a primary. Now its actually a trade off like it should be. more range or better stam. And poles are still extremely viable.

The more viable weapons the better.

Go get a plastic ruler. pause the vid. measure the stam bar on ur screen. you hit under half as u started charging the 5th. so at least 4+ swings.

and yes I just did this lol. Its hard to measure perfectly but its def not half at 3.

Then axes and short handle clubs would still suck. and this buffed a lot of 1h weps. And gb only nerf would nerf swords for no reason. Spears still need a nerf just cuz they are just stupid easy, but otherwise patch was actually really good. Before the only reason to use swords was to save a primary. Now its actually a trade off like it should be. more range or better stam. And poles are still extremely viable.

The more viable weapons the better.
GB only nerf wouldnt nerf swords, it just means the rest of sword heads would get a minor stam buff, if anything it would buff non gb swords, and gb swords stays the same.

Patch is fine, greatblade on a stick was ridiculous anyways.. Use a shorter blade from now on..

Sledges need to be fixed though..

Finally some changes to the high end gear ... polesword meta reigned for too long , and ogh IMO needs a slight nerf but maybe that’s going too far for how hard it is to get for some .

It doesnt matter what shorter blade you use, they all got nerfed the same.
Well its more that the shorter ones had really good stam so even with the nerf their stam is still good.

I endorse trying conq. Things are better stam than long katana. Are shorter than gb but still long.

Bicorps

Trial Member
trash patch. The game become LESS and LESS Skill based. 1 Button kill Herius Vision.

Where is that an issue of ogh? You know that heavy armor does only affect stamina regneration and not the stamina drain. So someone else with a 10kg armor would have stammed as much as you did...

https://prnt.sc/kp5wh9 Hitting mages for 20 with an ogh pole completely stammed out
1. Get good. Ogh weapon is not supposed to be compensating lack of skill.
2. Try to land clean hits.
3. If you land clean hits fucking charge your weapon, and not release it directly.
4. I do more than 20 damage with a steel curved blade on a mage with that armor...

Did some stam tests with my shield tests update post
https://starvault.se/mortalforums/threads/shield-tests.125080/

Is in fact only 10% nerf. 27 secs from 30 steel blademaster. initial stam used when starting to swing is 8 from 7.
Thanks, not a big deal, a needed balance patch. But still all the cry babies saying I'm quitting, worst patch etc. Is stupid, its discouraging balance patches, which we seem to need in truck loads. It's a minor nerf to the "most/only viable foot weapon". Balance is when you have the freedom to choose any weapon based on its pros and cons (which should equal out with other weapons). The thing is, it's still a good weapon and if it was nerfed into the ground polesword users would just switch to something else and get a free 100SP and move on. But the crying comes from them still being good enough to use, just slightly worse than before.

Now fix all this necromancy/dk deathshade shit lol.

@Sebastian Persson I just hope you guys fully balance and flesh out the combat system, make it smooth and feel nice etc (like chivalry medieval warefare). Before you release mortal royal. Really hoping to get my friends into MO through MR, also hope it brings MO population back.

Thread starter #18

Teknique

Thanks, not a big deal, a needed balance patch. But still all the cry babies saying I'm quitting, worst patch etc. Is stupid, its discouraging balance patches, which we seem to need in truck loads. It's a minor nerf to the "most/only viable foot weapon". Balance is when you have the freedom to choose any weapon based on its pros and cons (which should equal out with other weapons). The thing is, it's still a good weapon and if it was nerfed into the ground polesword users would just switch to something else and get a free 100SP and move on. But the crying comes from them still being good enough to use, just slightly worse than before.

Now fix all this necromancy/dk deathshade shit lol.

@Sebastian Persson I just hope you guys fully balance and flesh out the combat system, make it smooth and feel nice etc (like chivalry medieval warefare). Before you release mortal royal. Really hoping to get my friends into MO through MR, also hope it brings MO population back.
what I dont understand about that is poleswords are worse than clubs and worse than spears before the patch and cost more points so git gooder plz mortals?

clubs punch through armor and take no stam and are fast as fuck. spears have the best swing animation ever and hit like a truck.

the reason is good players prefer the PS for killing mages and since they're good it just seems op

Thread starter #19

Teknique

Where is that an issue of ogh? You know that heavy armor does only affect stamina regneration and not the stamina drain. So someone else with a 10kg armor would have stammed as much as you did...
I wasn't wearing ogh armor..

MolagAmur

Was anyone complaining about poles? Or did the nerf come out of left field?