hi all, sebs twitter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhan

Honored Member
UE3 doesn't really support it. There are many tools to turn a window to that mode but it won't work with UE3.

UE3 comes from an era where nobody was thinking about borderless stuff. :p
What about that UE3.5 engine update they did not that long ago.

Rankor

Think Ive asked this some many times. and been answered as well. But let's try this another time now when we might had some changes to the game.

Is it possible to get borderless windowed mode?
If you want borderless gameplay, why not just play in full screen? Just wondering 'cause in my mind it sounds the same. :confused:

Dhan

Honored Member
If you want borderless gameplay, why not just play in full screen? Just wondering 'cause in my mind it sounds the same. :confused:
You can tab out much faster in windowed mode than in fullscreen mode. Borderless windowed just removes the borders so it looks like full screen but still retains the much faster minimize speed.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Nope someone posted a hack solution to it on the internal UE forums.
I .. do not trust it however since it never got integrated into the engine, there's also a special list of code additions that epic put up after first checking the code and saying "hey ya this is kinda good", it's not on that list either.
Fun fact: there's like 10 things on that list, one is from Star Vault!

Necromantic

People still think that that means all that much. UE3.5 (which really is just UE3 with some major patches, it was really never officially called anything but UE3) is also relatively old anyway.

Look at how long UE3 was around before they decided to make UE4, it's actually quiet astonishing. And with all that time obviously comes a lot of baggage and limitation.

Necromantic

4.10?

You do realize those aren't decimal numbers, those are version numbers with a dot seperator.
I don't believe you've never come across software or game version with minor numbers above 9...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

Stowater

Silver Supporter
Was that Salyra and Goltarion in the pic you posted seb? I miss those 2 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.