hi all, sebs twitter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
That was fast.

Seb, I have a question for you. With the current framework of the TC patch being a WIP, can you give us some insight regarding multi-guild towns? Would they work? The thing that comes off the top of my head is the Principality, such an entity being more of a conglomeration of several smaller guilds as opposed to a single large one. Would alliances such as this be able to collaborate and build some sort of singular, fortified hub for themselves?
Possibly with alliances I could make it so that the walls you build are allowed to "connect" to the walls of a allied guild that way you could form a community by getting houses that are close to eachother and placing the guildstone in those.

Thread starter #1,722
Possibly with alliances I could make it so that the walls you build are allowed to "connect" to the walls of a allied guild that way you could form a community by getting houses that are close to eachother and placing the guildstone in those.
finally we obtain alliance chat?

Darran

Would be cool if we got something like alliance stones to keeps (a keep could be owned by an alliance instead of single guilds as it is now). Also are we able to link keeps to be single territory (guild owning 2 keeps)?

And alliance chat please!

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
We haven't worked much at all with alliance so I haven't discussed it that much with Henrik yet.
Owning more then one keep or having two guilds own a single keep is .. trouble for the code.
It would take a massive amount of work for both of those.

Darran

We NEED an alliance system. We have needed it since the release.

Zeeraha

We haven't worked much at all with alliance so I haven't discussed it that much with Henrik yet.
Owning more then one keep or having two guilds own a single keep is .. trouble for the code.
It would take a massive amount of work for both of those.
Could this issue be addressed by having a keep friendlist, where allied guild could not control actual keep, but could access to some resources like NPCs, priests, chests, doors etc? Code wise, it would be just a query used for a single friendlist list-update where all allied guild members are selected or removed.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Could this issue be addressed by having a keep friendlist, where allied guild could not control actual keep, but could access to some resources like NPCs, priests, chests, doors etc? Code wise, it would be just a query used for a single friendlist list-update where all allied guild members are selected or removed.

Ahh ok!
Well currently TC-NPCs work like any NPC.
They will work for any players that want's to use them they are not limited (most of them) to being used by only the controlling guild. You are building a city for other player, not just your guild.
The way you limit who you want to have in your city is by hiring guards that kill .. either everyone that is not your guild/alliance or just red..or ..just members of guilds that you are at war with.

Ahh ok!
They will work for any players that want's to use them they are not limited (most of them) to being used by only the controlling guild. You are building a city for other player, not just your guild.
The way you limit who you want to have in your city is by hiring guards that kill .. either everyone that is not your guild/alliance or just red..or ..just members of guilds that you are at war with.
That's not sandbox.

Enable guilds to choose if they want public access NPCs.

Thread starter #1,734
maybe is good idea put in game Alarm bells if this bells active NPC go to hiden or disapear, like age of empires :)

Lark

Ahh ok!
Priest use is limited to only the controlling guild. Currently if we have an opening and need it, with the longer timer and not being able to rez anyone not in guild, the priest is fairly useless. If we could at the least add people to a list that could use it, we could have that as a secondary option to rez those working with us at the time. Granted there is still the timer, but it would allow an added option.

Zergi

Priest use is limited to only the controlling guild. Currently if we have an opening and need it, with the longer timer and not being able to rez anyone not in guild, the priest is fairly useless. If we could at the least add people to a list that could use it, we could have that as a secondary option to rez those working with us at the time. Granted there is still the timer, but it would allow an added option.
isnt the timer supposed to be shorter if u put the keep on offensive or smth?

Status
Not open for further replies.