hi all, sebs twitter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeraha

Ahh ok!
Well currently TC-NPCs work like any NPC.
They will work for any players that want's to use them they are not limited (most of them) to being used by only the controlling guild. You are building a city for other player, not just your guild.
The way you limit who you want to have in your city is by hiring guards that kill .. either everyone that is not your guild/alliance or just red..or ..just members of guilds that you are at war with.

I see... But what about friendlists for keep doors, chests, or some other asset (excluding NPCs). Perhaps it would be fair to say if this is truly too hard to implement for near future, so people don't expect shared access.

To me it would be cool to enter hallways of alliance keep, or even community chests, but being restricted to main quarters or main chests, or having access to buy siege blueprints. One example would be that allied guild that does not own keep at all can access shared allied keep and to be able to use keep resources.

Lark

Yea, we don't have the control points for it. But even if it was shorter, it still wouldn't cover what we need, which would be rez'ing those that aren't in our guild but working with us for an opening. So it wouldn't matter unless it was to rez our rez mages.

We haven't worked much at all with alliance so I haven't discussed it that much with Henrik yet.
Owning more then one keep or having two guilds own a single keep is .. trouble for the code.
It would take a massive amount of work for both of those.
wel, now you have content to TC3.0 or TC4.0 :D

Dissident

Cronite Supporter
Is that magic language for "yes" ;)
As it seems you are new around this forum I'm going to lend you a helping hand.
Seb isn't using a magic language, it is called advanced swedish.
While most of us learned to interpret it, the only one capable to translate it to english is Mats.
Unfortunately he is busy with other stuff, but if you are located somewhere near Manchester
you can ask him for a translation.
However, be careful as he is known for wielding a 2 handed sword wherever he goes, so maybe make sure he is in a good mood before you ask for a translation.
No need to thank me, was my pleasure ;)

Pluro

Cronite Supporter
Bump so Seb understands he is never off the hook.

NEVER GET COMFORTABLE SEB WE ARE WATCHING!!!

Wreml

Hand of the Emperor
Seb , Do you know if these helmets are the two that became Direptor and Expilator?
and the previous designs were scrapped?

Bump so Seb understands he is Always "off the hook."

"ALWAYS BE" COMFORTABLE SEB WE ARE WATCHING!!!

Rankor

im talking to ntc here, i doubt they get sieged. so why not use the stat for increased respawn instead of protection?

or are u planing smth?
Hmmm, you never know.....

Seath

My rough guess, we get TC patch April 1st :p

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Sebastian any new info?
Not really, it's work as usual I have done a large amount of bug-fixing and have been getting the more complete versions of the new Myrland. It looks a lot better and we can probably get you a screenshot or something in the close future.
Also me and Sone's CandyJam game ended up at place 34 so that's cool and my twitter picture is now a picture of me that you can print out and keep in your wallet.
<3

Not really, it's work as usual I have done a large amount of bug-fixing and have been getting the more complete versions of the new Myrland. It looks a lot better and we can probably get you a screenshot or something in the close future.
Also me and Sone's CandyJam game ended up at place 34 so that's cool and my twitter picture is now a picture of me that you can print out and keep in your wallet.
<3
Will there be any new NPC buildings in new Myrland?
NPC castles, large ruins or enterable abandoned houses?
Maybe some small undestructable forts, that small guilds could use?

Darran

Will there be any new NPC buildings in new Myrland?
NPC castles, large ruins or enterable abandoned houses?
Maybe some small undestructable forts, that small guilds could use?

Biggest question is, will there be new terrain assets? I don't know how well the old ones would fit with totally new terrain.

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
undestructible forts for small guilds? Mind explaining your reasoning behind that? Small guilds must use destructible forts? lol

There can be more world buildings to build like the bridges we built on release but they could implement buildings with more meanings that guilds would fight over but indestructible forts?

MrB

Silver Supporter
There are sooo many interesting looking places in Nave filled with... nothing. You take your time to explore, only to find nothing but some night snatchers, cougars, skeletons at ruins, shrines etc.
Thats part of the content problem we're having.

As well as many professions you need another character for. I want more secondaries for my main. Put survival > swimming to secondary, as well fishing. Make new secondary professions like a basic cloth crafting for some RP gear (ofc awesome lookin' cloth should a real tailor make). Moar stuff to do with your main!

More rare drops, maybe a recipy for the Norse Claymore. umm, yeah :D

100% agree with feeling like exploring isn't worth the time.

Also, Seb, I remember you or Henrik saying that the current game world could not be expanded horizontally due to engine limits, without having some sort of loading screen, but it could be extended vertically (caves, mines, etc.). Is this still the case with the new engine or is the transition to a new continent going to be seamless?

Status
Not open for further replies.