hi all, sebs twitter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrB

Silver Supporter
oh god, since the armor patch I cant even touch the water without getting dragged down to the bottom.. I mean.. come on! :D

I wish they would just reverse the fall damage its more of an annoyance then anything.

That and yes sinking to the bottom of a lake.

undestructible forts for small guilds? Mind explaining your reasoning behind that? Small guilds must use destructible forts? lol

There can be more world buildings to build like the bridges we built on release but they could implement buildings with more meanings that guilds would fight over but indestructible forts?
I would prefer there to be forts (small castles) that would have destructable/rebuildable walls and other segments, but this requires new coding and will take long time to implement. On the other hand it is far easier to make small castles/forts in the same manner as there are farm houses, town houses, town walls. As a part of the world, that can not be changed, part of a landscape. I used the word "indestructable" to describe this nature of the mentioned objects: that they are merely part of landscape, belong to noone and can not be changed in any way. Since landacape is reworked anyway it would be good if it would be decorated with new beautiful NPC castles, ruins and other objects.

Castles should have some workbenches, empty chests that anyone can put and take from, gates (preferably controled from a gatehouse above them, like in Mount & Blade), prison dungeon, doors (that could be closed from inside), chairs to sit on, owens and/or fireplaces to cook food on them. Other interactive objects. Maybe even stables where you can put your horse in.

If there would be a net of such castles covering continents it would be far more interesting to travel. Small guilds could use them as their temporal headquaters as long as they can hold on to them. They can be used as trade centers and places where smallguilds/none guilded crafters can come to work outside towns. Since they are just a part of landscape they can be captured and this makes them good territory control objects.

This may give rise to a system where some group (guild probably) like NTC could use castles as way stations, where travelers can buy food, goods, new horses, take a rest and continue their journey. They can serve player centers for those, who doesn't belong to big guilds and can't use keeps.

And it is just interesing to reside in a spectacular feudal castle or to travel and explore ones.

Biggest question is, will there be new terrain assets? I don't know how well the old ones would fit with totally new terrain.
I like this as in "I would like to know, too".

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Biggest question is, will there be new terrain assets? I don't know how well the old ones would fit with totally new terrain.
Like rocks etc? No but there will be new foliage and probobly a couple of new trees since the speedtree integration is a more recent version.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
100% agree with feeling like exploring isn't worth the time.

Also, Seb, I remember you or Henrik saying that the current game world could not be expanded horizontally due to engine limits, without having some sort of loading screen, but it could be extended vertically (caves, mines, etc.). Is this still the case with the new engine or is the transition to a new continent going to be seamless?
This is still the same.
How seemless the new continent transition will be depends on how much time we have.
Anything can be seemless if the loadingscreen is just advanced enough.

Darran

Like rocks etc? No but there will be new foliage and probobly a couple of new trees since the speedtree integration is a more recent version.

I mean mostly new buildings, crates, fences etc in cities and outside (like the NPC farm buildings around myrland).

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
Will you transform the "colored forest" into an actual forest by making it more dense and expanding it a little? Maybe even add a spider cave in there?

This is still the same.
How seemless the new continent transition will be depends on how much time we have.
Anything can be seemless if the loadingscreen is just advanced enough.
You mean like the loading screen we have right now everytimg the game freeze? :p

Seriously, I hope you build the new continent the best way possible to optimise performance and minimise these freezing due to loading, it's annoying... I don't know how but there are other games with seamless world that doesn't have so many freezing, they don't have any at all so I'm thinking it might have something to do with the world design?

Darran

Will you transform the "colored forest" into an actual forest by making it more dense and expanding it a little? Maybe even add a spider cave in there?

You mean like the loading screen we have right now everytimg the game freeze? :p

Seriously, I hope you build the new continent the best way possible to optimise performance and minimise these freezing due to loading, it's annoying... I don't know how but there are other games with seamless world that doesn't have so many freezing, they don't have any at all so I'm thinking it might have something to do with the world design?

Not just colored forest, forests in MO are a joke overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.