hi all, sebs twitter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius

Cronite Supporter
Problem is- the amount of power needed for this amount of stuff might prove too taxing for many machines?
I doubt it, the jungle is very dense in some places.

Gopsje

Gold Supporter
I just played the game with a Oculus Rift.
It was awesome.
Not to be negative nancy here but can you comment on the following.

TC patch was/is supposed to come out in Q1 2014. And according to mister CEO faster than you think. We are almost at 3/4ths of this Q1 and you are only still talking about "talks and discussions" on the systems. There is nothing really set in stone.

This is very very concerning. One would think the systems would be in place (document wise) before producing them. And before it is finished or even remotely known you already talk about wanting to work on magic. This without any talks about the systems and how they are going to work.

Though I've got an Oculus Rift and can't wait to try it out on MO.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Not to be negative nancy here but can you comment on the following.

TC patch was/is supposed to come out in Q1 2014. And according to mister CEO faster than you think. We are almost at 3/4ths of this Q1 and you are only still talking about "talks and discussions" on the systems. There is nothing really set in stone.

This is very very concerning. One would think the systems would be in place (document wise) before producing them. And before it is finished or even remotely known you already talk about wanting to work on magic. This without any talks about the systems and how they are going to work.

Though I've got an Oculus Rift and can't wait to try it out on MO.

If Mr.CEO said to you that TC would come out Q1 then you should talk to him about it.
I no longer dare to give any ETA on anything after the work on the armor patch.

Also gratz on being able to see Tindrem through an Oculus. It's pretty awesome.

I just played the game with a Oculus Rift.
It was awesome.

Pls tell me you guys are making a full Oculus Rift support with head and position tracking and everything.
How does world feel with the OR? :D omg MO and the OR together would be the craziest shit on this planet.

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Pls tell me you guys are making a full Oculus Rift support with head and position tracking and everything.
How does world feel with the OR? :D omg MO and the OR together would be the craziest shit on this planet.
It feels very good I put the basic stuff in today.
Text is still a big issue with the rift, it can get difficult to read things, also mouse-pointer control is real difficult in any game with the rift.

But it's really an experience like nothing else to see something you have worked on for 5 years from a completely new point of view. Also fighting seems to be working better then expected.

Gopsje

Gold Supporter
If Mr.CEO said to you that TC would come out Q1 then you should talk to him about it.
I no longer dare to give any ETA on anything after the work on the armor patch.

Also gratz on being able to see Tindrem through an Oculus. It's pretty awesome.
That is a smart thing to do... I would advise you to ask your boss to do the same. Saves the making an ass of yourselves. Anyway keep up the good work and the idea of cities and dungeons/caves looking through the rift makes me giggle with joy.

I can only imagine how awesome MO looks with the Oculus Rift.

Seb you do know that the OR is the next level of gaming right? When this thing comes out people can throw their xbox and ps4 and everything they think its technology out of the window. With OR and the Razer Hydra MO would not just get a cool and amazing update... it would bring MO to a level that is lightyears closer to this whole first-person-immersion thing that you at SV are straving for. Starring at a monitor that presents nice 2d images of nave while moving in this world with a mouse and keyboard is one thing... but literally standing in Nave and smashing your axe in someones fucking face and i mean that for real, you see this person standing right in front of you like in real life and you smash your axe in his face, this is a totally differant experience. :D

I'm just saying.

It feels very good I put the basic stuff in today.
Text is still a big issue with the rift, it can get difficult to read things, also mouse-pointer control is real difficult in any game with the rift.

But it's really an experience like nothing else to see something you have worked on for 5 years from a completely new point of view. Also fighting seems to be working better then expected.

What controles are you using with the OR?

I think that piece of tech is amazing and playing MO in one is something I have been dreaming about for a while now, you guys have done well in creating this world and I find it very imersive so being able to 'look around' through a OR is something I am REALLY looking forward to :p

I did try out the kinnect with MO a few years ago when I seen this:

but the main problem was it felt wrong, to detached...

and with the OR not being 'see through' so seeing the keyboard can be awkward, will controler support be added to make it easier? or possibility of something like the kinect being used as well?

Mo with the OR... time to change my boxers >.<

MrB

Silver Supporter
Why are we working on stuff like that atm. When there's sooo much other things to fix and ADD (content)!

Sebastian Persson

Developer
Staff member
Why are we working on stuff like that atm. When there's sooo much other things to fix and ADD (content)!
Put 3 hours into it.
We had the dev-kit and the new engine supports it so most of the work was just tweaking the controls a bit.
Now I'm back to fixing things.

MrB

Silver Supporter
Put 3 hours into it.
We had the dev-kit and the new engine supports it so most of the work was just tweaking the controls a bit.
Now I'm back to fixing things.

Ah I see! :D I actually thought for a moment you where putting serious time into it, and it was somekind of supersecret spy project! :D
btw, out of curiosity, are you able to like fraps somehow how it looks while you are at it? ;)

Ah I see! :D I actually thought for a moment you where putting serious time into it, and it was somekind of supersecret spy project! :D
btw, out of curiosity, are you able to like fraps somehow how it looks while you are at it? ;)
Do you have an OR?

Nope! Sounds expensive :( And I like old fashion gaming ;D
In that case there is no way I can see you experiencing what Seb does. In my opinion 3 most important things OR gives us is natural depth perception, natural FOV and the natural way of looking around.
You can experience first 2 using a frapsed material, but only if you use OR to view the thing.

MrB

Silver Supporter
In that case there is no way I can see you experiencing what Seb does. In my opinion 3 most important things OR gives us is natural depth perception, natural FOV and the natural way of looking around.
You can experience first 2 using a frapsed material, but only if you use OR to view the thing.

Still can see how well it works etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.