How about fixing the guards in MK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Teroh

So when do you want to fix the guards in MK SV?

What's wrong with the guards? I think they are just fine. :D

razoreqx

Oghmium Supporter

PoeX

Silver Supporter
I don't understand if you want them to make it harder or easier? I mean, I think it was pretty fine at first. Yesterday I ran in and 5 Khurite lictors stood within 10-20 feet of eachother surrounding a storage.

I don't know if this was NPC dupe bug or just carebear crys to GM's so they spawned more guards.

Groenholdt

I don't understand if you want them to make it harder or easier? I mean, I think it was pretty fine at first. Yesterday I ran in and 5 Khurite lictors stood within 10-20 feet of eachother surrounding a storage.

I don't know if this was NPC dupe bug or just carebear crys to GM's so they spawned more guards.
Or some very intelligent AI ;)

The gaurds in many of the cities are not patrolling around the city. Im not saying increase guards, just spread them out more. Moh Ki and Morin Khur are two of the cities I can think of that have this problem.

featherz

Nothing wrong with MK guards. The mass.of lictors was dupe Poex.

In the past 5 days i got killed by red OMNIs practially everywhere in MK, I stopped countin at some point. I dunno if its intended to be like that or if the guards are broken or just suck balls in MK, but MK will prolly be empty again soon, if nothing changes.

There are a few issues with the guards were taking notes on. From pathing to agro range as well was spawn rate. Remember no city will ever be 100% safe. There will be areas where guards will be more abundant and there will be areas less protected.

Rouge criminals are allowed to be in towns and it is also ok for groups to take over a town. However this should be accomplished by beating the game not tricking it into ignoring you or by leading them all somewhere else. The GM team is giving to the game designers and coders feed back on the areas that need attention.

razoreqx

Oghmium Supporter
There are a few issues with the guards were taking notes on. From pathing to agro range as well was spawn rate. Remember no city will ever be 100% safe. There will be areas where guards will be more abundant and there will be areas less protected.

Rouge criminals are allowed to be in towns and it is also ok for groups to take over a town. However this should be accomplished by beating the game not tricking it into ignoring you or by leading them all somewhere else. The GM team is giving to the game designers and coders feed back on the areas that need attention.
Glad to see this issue got some attention. Thanks for the update!

Aight, I was concerned for nothing. Happy to see that the team has taken notice of this and
has already taken it into action. Thank you for commenting!

To be specific, red players are not aggro'd by guards. Grey players are. Meaning a grey player will instantly be targeted by guards and a red player is free to enter the city. Is this intended? MK is a guarded city, but the guards do not aggro red players. Sometimes, after repeatedly calling the guards in both local and shout, the guards will aggro a red player, whereas as soon as a player turns grey the player is quickly attacked by guards.

PoeX

Silver Supporter
Im red in Mk. As soon as the guards see me they attack.

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
See the last change in the patch notes: There will be some more guards and there are some small changes in the guard AI.

StrongMad

To be specific, red players are not aggro'd by guards. Grey players are. Meaning a grey player will instantly be targeted by guards and a red player is free to enter the city. Is this intended? MK is a guarded city, but the guards do not aggro red players. Sometimes, after repeatedly calling the guards in both local and shout, the guards will aggro a red player, whereas as soon as a player turns grey the player is quickly attacked by guards.
Lol no I'm a red in MK and they aggro onto me all the time. Don't talk about shit you don't know about.

On topic the aggro range does need to be looked at a little. I can be behind a guard and like 30m above him aswell and he will aggro onto me. I personally don't think that makes sense since you can't be stealthy if you can't sneak behind them but they just have a certain sized bubble that they aggro onto.

featherz

You know fuck all because we don't get in using greys we run past the guards because we know how to use this spell called heal.

Idiots ruining the game one by one, just got absoloutly zerged rushed by over 15 FL dual striking I got dealt 245 damage in 3 attacks by dual strikers and the combat speeds do not help anyone. But still people say there's nothing wrong with the combat its fine :)

SVs problem is they listen too much to fucking cry babies.

realnaste

Honored Member
If anyone is PKed regularly in the Khurite capital, then the system is broken. (and I'm not talking about the guards being OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.