How do you save Mortal Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabbajack

what you have in mind?

even if you consider all real possibilities than you realise that money a a dependent factor. if they would have a 1million than the game would look a loot different graphic wise and content wise because more people can work at it.even if you consider all real possibilities than you realise that money a a dependent factor. if they would have a 1million dol
MO is running on a old engine with issues that haven been solved with the recent updates. You can always say if they had this and that but the issue is they dont. With a small team the engine that they use is a nightmare compared to the new releases. Also the community has been burned out with all the issue.

Wabbajack

Disagree strongly. Mortal is still around and isn't a lost cause. I'd say it still has a chance until another game can provide the same or better positive experiences everyone gets from the game despite its problems.
Well then clearly you are living in denial or you simply dont understand everything that has happened since release and what it means for a mmorpg like MO.

9+ years is a very good run but the game needs another 10 years at least to reach a decent level at the current pace. It would take 2-3 years to put out a new version of MO with more content, better combat and a much beautiful world with better optimization usling UE4.

Thread starter #45
Well then clearly you are living in denial or you simply dont understand everything that has happened since release and what it means for a mmorpg like MO.

9+ years is a very good run but the game needs another 10 years at least to reach a decent level at the current pace. It would take 2-3 years to put out a new version of MO with more content, better combat and a much beautiful world with better optimization usling UE4.
People have been saying the game was dead for years, yet its still around. As long as theres a few devs still invested in the game and a tiny playerbase it'll keep going like it has been.

Trismagi

how would porting to a diff engine fix more content and better combat? It wouldn't...only thing diff is sharper graphics but ya know the current engine hasn't even been pushed to the max in what it can do graphics wise, especially if you look at some of the newer content they added like updated dungeons. So I strongly disagree with you. Oh and incase you didn't know a new engine means a new custom net code and months/years of new bugs to fix that come along with that.

Why add those siege ladders you always ask for when they can add a garbage dance emote people can buy for 20$. Or a bunny hat cosmetic alternative for t guard that changes color depending on your armor material.

Nubs will totally ignore all the issues like npe being garbage and throw money at sv and not quit the game day 1.
If they see the game is alive with tons of players they probably will, I bet alot of nubs see how dead the game is and dont bother with it even if they liked it.

Wabbajack

how would porting to a diff engine fix more content and better combat? It wouldn't...only thing diff is sharper graphics but ya know the current engine hasn't even been pushed to the max in what it can do graphics wise, especially if you look at some of the newer content they added like updated dungeons. So I strongly disagree with you. Oh and incase you didn't know a new engine means a new custom net code and months/years of new bugs to fix that come along with that.
There is no "porting" to a new engine. SV would have to recreate MO from scratch (with a bit if code saved from the current build). This would allow them to use all the knowledge they have accumulated over the years and create a much more polished product.

Trismagi

There is no "porting" to a new engine. SV would have to recreate MO from scratch (with a bit if code saved from the current build). This would allow them to use all the knowledge they have accumulated over the years and create a much more polished product.
ya that strat worked great for Unholy Wars...:rolleyes:

Speznat

hopefully noob island coming soon, i cant wai and i really hope that they dont fuck this up like all passed time chances they got.

Wabbajack

People have been saying the game was dead for years, yet its still around. As long as theres a few devs still invested in the game and a tiny playerbase it'll keep going like it has been.
I'm not going to comment in detail about the state of the game but we all know its not flourishing.

Thread starter #53
I'm not going to comment in detail about the state of the game but we all know its not flourishing.
Definitely not flourishing but its still treading along. If we're lucky one of these updates will bring in some more players and stoke the fire some more.

MolagAmur

It wouldn't even take that many people to get the game back feeling more alive. If 200-300 more players were added I'd be happy tbh. Any more than that is just amazing.

Wabbajack

Sounds like you've lost all hope in this game. So why spend time on these forums?
I have not lost all hope in the title itself, just the current version of it. Ive been around since the very first PP presentation and have invested countless of hours and even own part of the stocks.

The People that keep insisting that its going to get better are actually keeping SV from starting over and finally delivering a quality product with better support.

The best and most radical option to rescue MO is to make it F2P, i know a lot of people that won't pay because of how bad is the game state, how slow development is and how vulnerable is their database.

Idc how could they pay their bills yet i doubt they have to pay much since they have like a 4 people team.

Its really funny how the same nerdlings fanbois or not been on the same cryboat for years and the reality is that not even forum mods read these threads roflmao. SV is burnt out lol.

Last edited:
First stage to solve problem is to Identify there is one !

We have low population and Fewer player's than before , though we had over 600K account and if we assumed average person had 4 account's then we had 150k player , the real question is where are they ? What drove them away ? ...

Answer 1 : some people in game are toxic ! " False " .

Answer 2 : the Game mechanism and short of Support " False "

Answer 3 : unfinished projects , unfixed Bugs , system Failed and crashing , game Security breached , account's deleted , unstable wardec policy's , releasing unnecessary updates and adds , misusing game resources to make useless projects instead of fixing the real issues , plus all above " correct " .

Sec stage to solve our problem is to understand where is the Majority interest and List the possible solutions :

Sv must but more of there resources to insure and cover there basis " security and protection of your System and the player's account "u won't get any one to trust u while u can't protect your own home " and to fix those Bug Gods that's since dawn of mortal they still here till now , then fill up the part's that were missing in map complete your original project to make a strong stable system then u have our pleasing to start in new one's .

3rd stage is to Brainstorm Possible Solutions and select the Best Solutions minimize the cost as u can to save your resources ask for help from your Community if it takes and make more partnership with other cooperation's like Unity or Bethesda or ubisoft to make use from there experience .

Last is to Follow-Up, Evaluate, and Monitor progress of any of ur project not to make them then throw away and make the next "Hire more In game mechanics and more developer's and work step by step to Fix your self don't expand fast and furious " take it slowly .
The forums are the brainstorm (at least the old one), for YEARS. Suggesting amazing things to be made, instead we see shitty ass trivial patches, SV's problem relays on that they won't hire people to actually work on the game, Sebastian, Herious and Henrik have fallen off into the repetitive circle of developing trash. They have been told how to do shit, they still don't get it. So The community manager does nothing but to address imbecile "solutions", when the real problem is not the development agenda. The real problem is that SV won't change how they operate in general, mediocrity is their addiction.

You see, i got tired of seeing people over the years. Trying in their precarious concept of the game give desperate solutions to SV, the thing is most of those "solutions" are bad and SV won't compromise into generating a developing stream or path, the current development agenda is erratic and mediocre. Patches of half made ideas kick in and nobody uses those mechanics or features because they are bad.

So the solution is simple, SV to re-elaborate their development strategies and direction with a proper team that can do mechanics assessment or just make the game fully F2P and keep developing the random ass shitty patches they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.