How do you save Mortal Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oykd

what will safe MO ? hmm make contracts with mmos sites or smth give more people

need

regional

servers

this is an 8 year old, full loot, MELEE centric game that has the worst desync between hitting and blocking i have ever encountered. until that is fixed, this game will never gain players.

Not much else to say that hasn't already been said. I would say, just finish creating the virtual world as promised. But it seems that won't happen. Too many things with this game, good or bad, are started and never properly finished. That's half the problem.

And now we've got resources being spent on Mortal Royale... a decision I just cannot fathom. But it reminds me of what we saw with Warhammer Online. They couldn't get the base game to grow, so they wasted all their effort on a spin-off.

Where are both of those games now?
At about 11K players is where the games at now : https://steamcharts.com/app/594570

Sometimes spinoffs are a good idea , but we will see the effects of MR on MO soon .

At about 11K players is where the games at now : https://steamcharts.com/app/594570

Sometimes spinoffs are a good idea , but we will see the effects of MR on MO soon .
Warhammer Online and Warhammer Total War are two different games. :)

Warhammer Online was cancelled a few years ago due to low numbers (according to Electronic Arts). Not long before the closure, they had spent so much time on a free to play arena version of Warhammer Online that went no-where. :/

Talos

Talos

To expect them to actually pay $15 after the horrible first few hours in game is a joke.
While that is true - for me the culprit was having to pay for 3 different accounts, because MO characters are so incredibly narrowly specialized and unflexible. I really don't mind subs, quite the opposite. It's a shame sub based models die out in favor of garbage microtransaction shenengians.

MolagAmur

While that is true - for me the culprit was having to pay for 3 different accounts, because MO characters are so incredibly narrowly specialized and unflexible. I really don't mind subs, quite the opposite. It's a shame sub based models die out in favor of garbage microtransaction shenengians.
True. Worst thing is having a butcher and a engineer on the same account. I probably use them a couple hours a month. Feels like such a waste of a slot sometimes.

The forums are the brainstorm (at least the old one), for YEARS. Suggesting amazing things to be made, instead we see shitty ass trivial patches, SV's problem relays on that they won't hire people to actually work on the game, Sebastian, Herious and Henrik have fallen off into the repetitive circle of developing trash. They have been told how to do shit, they still don't get it. So The community manager does nothing but to address imbecile "solutions", when the real problem is not the development agenda. The real problem is that SV won't change how they operate in general, mediocrity is their addiction.

You see, i got tired of seeing people over the years. Trying in their precarious concept of the game give desperate solutions to SV, the thing is most of those "solutions" are bad and SV won't compromise into generating a developing stream or path, the current development agenda is erratic and mediocre. Patches of half made ideas kick in and nobody uses those mechanics or features because they are bad.

So the solution is simple, SV to re-elaborate their development strategies and direction with a proper team that can do mechanics assessment or just make the game fully F2P and keep developing the random ass shitty patches they do.
There are many issues players discuss frequently that sv has opinions on but are not shared. That doesn't help the conversation evolve. At the same time, there are issues sv had been very clear on that some players refuse to accept. That's not helpful either.

DRAG0N

Trial Member
I've been playing this game on and off for about 4 years now, mostly with the same small group of friends. The biggest attraction to this game for us has been the PvP, but also the community and the ability to impact it based on actions in game. That's mostly due to the smaller playerbase compared to other games, but this is also what threatens the game.

Even in places like Tindrem, PvP is very limited because of the low pop, with most of the day being extremely slow until certain peak times where there's still a lackluster variety of PvP going on. A whole lotta the same people and the same shenanigans. Everyone here knows what PvP is like outside of Tindrem, and how abysmal it is 9 times out of 10. With such a large map, and with such a low population, the game seems dead a lot of the time. I saw a post recently asking about what would bring back old players to MO, but I want to ask how we could bring new players in.

Its in my opinion that we need new players willing to explore the game and give it a new spark of life. I can confidently say that a new player learns little to nothing and gains the same amount of incentive to keep playing during their fledgling period. They are flooded with walls of text and information that takes a lot of time to learn if they even bother to try right off the bat. Help chat does help, but new players have a lot of hurdles to get past before they find out what stuff makes the game fun.

Once newbies start learning about the game, most of the time they'll have to reroll their characters because they've made bad decisions in character creation and have an unviable toon theyve invested hours in, and will have to repeat everything they've done thus far. This would definitely have made me want to quit had I not had a friend to guide me along as I learned how to play.

Tindrem can be a fun experience for new players to get a foothold in the game, but tends to act as a crutch that players never drop, and discourages them to explore the rest of the map.

These are just a few examples of the many aspects driving away new players, but what do you all feel would be an effective way of encouraging new players to invest all the time needed to play the game effectively and get the same fulfilling experiences we've all had, wthout coddling them or ruining the hardcore experience Mortal Online has provided all of us?
Stop making post stating the stupid shit as if the game was death idiot, if you want good for this game this is the most stupid action and a very dangerous negative propaganda. And if you truly want this game to end you are a selfish prick kid with a but hurt, go home with mOMA like many many idiots and go play some pay to win darkfall.

Thread starter #69
Stop making post stating the stupid shit as if the game was death idiot, if you want good for this game this is the most stupid action and a very dangerous negative propaganda. And if you truly want this game to end you are a selfish prick kid with a but hurt, go home with mOMA like many many idiots and go play some pay to win darkfall.
Did you even read the post? Everyone on the forums constantly complains about the game being dead, I just wanted to talk about ideas that might bring back population. Go sperg on 4chan or something

There are many issues players discuss frequently that sv has opinions on but are not shared. That doesn't help the conversation evolve. At the same time, there are issues sv had been very clear on that some players refuse to accept. That's not helpful either.
Server wipe continues to be suggested by many players, most likely the ones that aknowledge the fact that is so much duped stuff around and the game is so grindy that having stuff is equal to power, and power is TC supremacy. I don't need to say how TC and siege supremacy impacts the game and small groups of players.

The problem is that SV won't mention what are they liking from the community and neither guide threads into proper debates.

The thing is, SV won't do things better. Its the way it is, they are not willing to improve nor hire people nor do anything. MO never looked more decadent.

Server wipe continues to be suggested by many players, most likely the ones that aknowledge the fact that is so much duped stuff around and the game is so grindy that having stuff is equal to power, and power is TC supremacy. I don't need to say how TC and siege supremacy impacts the game and small groups of players.

The problem is that SV won't mention what are they liking from the community and neither guide threads into proper debates.

The thing is, SV won't do things better. Its the way it is, they are not willing to improve nor hire people nor do anything. MO never looked more decadent.
Yeah you also hear a lot of people claim they will quit, if server wipe happens.

What about an ITEM and TC WIPE though. You keep your characters and skills but nothing else. (I'd be fine with that, timed with their re-launch).

Roranicus

The number of people who threaten to quit is quite small compared to the number that have already quit. The question is how many of those people they can get back and there is no way to know that.

Bicorps

Trial Member
You guys not tired to make thread like this... its starting to be old.

Wipes aren't necessarily just for duping, even though that is a good enough reason imo for how many dupes have been out. But the balance of dungeons and how to get materials and such. The ratzar queen was bugged and easily soloable by MA(idk if still is) and allowed you to get one of the best backing materials in mass quantity with no real effort. Dungeons in general are soloable by DK's and turtles/stonelizards, making completing these dungeons a simple task and the reward obtainable by all. They should focus on making the content in MO difficult so that large groups or medium sized groups are required to complete a task. And if there was a better anti-cheat (I've seen videos of people spawning themselves items on FtP and transferring it to main accounts.) mixed with content that was truly difficult to finish for high tier materials and gear books would allow for people to have a fun and fair experience for MO to "relaunch". As it stands people who abused the broken pet mechanics and many bugs that allowed you to fly through content or simply used old school mines that gave thousands of high tier mats a day and stockpiled materials for years of ogh/cron/tung use are going to stay in power for a long time and not allow any new players to progress. Regardless of this newbie island being released there will never be a large population of people new and old playing because of the already established mega guilds with years of stockpiled high tier items compared to the new boys with absolute shit to their name.

Honestly don't wipe just make a new NA server and keep the old one for EU.

The issue with wiping is how often are you going to do it? People quote duping as a valid reason, but is it? If another dupe happens again, what's the threshold before you do another wipe?

As for exhausting players who remain, don't under estimate that. If this server is wiped, I'm sure I won't be the only long time player who quits.

A far better solution would be a logical in-game contextual wipe. Imagine a riser invasion. Nothing too drastic, but something that will clean out inactive player assets. Fun content for active players, cleans out the inactive rubbish polluting the landscape.

Roranicus

The issue with wiping is how often are you going to do it? People quote duping as a valid reason, but is it? If another dupe happens again, what's the threshold before you do another wipe?

As for exhausting players who remain, don't under estimate that. If this server is wiped, I'm sure I won't be the only long time player who quits.

A far better solution would be a logical in-game contextual wipe. Imagine a riser invasion. Nothing too drastic, but something that will clean out inactive player assets. Fun content for active players, cleans out the inactive rubbish polluting the landscape.
How many times have you already quit though? Your threat is hollow.

Inactive player rubbish already falls, they have fixed that rather recently. Unearned advantage is the problem that needs to be addressed, for TC, and for items. Including all the many people's accounts that were cleaned off and their characters deleted this summer. All of their stuff has been handed out to the friends of the hackers. I have a double handful of friends who didn't come back after that, it is slightly possible that they might after a wipe, slightly. SV claims they have new good anti-cheat software. They should show it by wiping and restarting the game.

Marcus Aurelius

Silver Supporter
How many times have you already quit though? Your threat is hollow.
That doesn't even make any sense. I've never quit this game. I've been subscribed ever since I purchased the loot bag edition.

SV claims they have new good anti-cheat software. They should show it by wiping and restarting the game.
That's not how anti-cheat software works. And your friends "might" return? Your argument is as "hollow" as my threat to quit. Not to mention your claims of duped items being in the hands of others. Can you even confirm this? If you can so simply confirm this, why not report it to game masters so the items can be removed, as has been done in the past.

grendel

I didnt bother to read the rules for the rolled back forums, so I dont know if it is still against the rules to discuss wiping the server.
Otherwise I would love to argue against wiping the server.
oh, fuck it, I'l do it anyways.

MO is one of the few mmo games with a persistent world. Old players and dedicated new players have a advantage because of the wealth they amass. If this is wiped, MO is no longer a persistent world, it is not only stockpiles that are wiped, but history. In a persistent mmo there will be a upper class with large stockpiles. But individuals in an mmorpg are only as strong as their politics and friends/allies. Wipe this and MO will no longer be MO, it will be rust.
Sure, it is possible that there are people will illgotten materials, this is unfortunate and fucked up, but a wipe will not change this. If you got proof, report it and gm's will handle it.
If the game is wiped, so is the persistent world and its history. imo, a wipe will be the death of MO.

Roranicus

That doesn't even make any sense. I've never quit this game. I've been subscribed ever since I purchased the loot bag edition.

That's not how anti-cheat software works. And your friends "might" return? Your argument is as "hollow" as my threat to quit. Not to mention your claims of duped items being in the hands of others. Can you even confirm this? If you can so simply confirm this, why not report it to game masters so the items can be removed, as has been done in the past.
Hmm, perhaps I have mistaken you for someone else. Did you own Kran keep 3 years or so ago? I thought you were the one to sell it to us, if not, I apologize.
My friends maybe returning wasn't an argument for a wipe, only a side comment.
I am not talking about duped items being in the hands of others (that is a whole other category, but I think a problem they have reined in for the most part) I'm talking about straight up stolen accounts cleaned out and handed out wholesale. The staff know about it.

I didnt bother to read the rules for the rolled back forums, so I dont know if it is still against the rules to discuss wiping the server.
Otherwise I would love to argue against wiping the server.
oh, fuck it, I'l do it anyways.

MO is one of the few mmo games with a persistent world. Old players and dedicated new players have a advantage because of the wealth they amass. If this is wiped, MO is no longer a persistent world, it is not only stockpiles that are wiped, but history. In a persistent mmo there will be a upper class with large stockpiles. But individuals in an mmorpg are only as strong as their politics and friends/allies. Wipe this and MO will no longer be MO, it will be rust.
Sure, it is possible that there are people will illgotten materials, this is unfortunate and fucked up, but a wipe will not change this. If you got proof, report it and gm's will handle it.
If the game is wiped, so is the persistent world and its history. imo, a wipe will be the death of MO.
Why will a wipe not change this? Of course it will if the problem has been fixed.
A wipe will be the death of MO? MO is in bad, bad, very sad shape. It calls for desperate measures. Did you play before TC was added?
Please understand, I love this game. I want it to return to it's former glory.

grendel

Why will a wipe not change this? Of course it will if the problem has been fixed.
A wipe will be the death of MO? MO is in bad, bad, very sad shape. It calls for desperate measures. Did you play before TC was added?
Please understand, I love this game. I want it to return to it's former glory.
Maybe previous problems has been fixed, new exploits will come and new calls for a wipe will arise.
MO is in a sad shape, yes. A wipe will not fix this, a wipe will be the execution of MO.
Yes, I played before TC and I wish TC had never been added, a wipe will not fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.