How do you save Mortal Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oykd

listen you cisgender white male, you don't know what it was like to be discriminated against by the whole of Nave! Us Toxians rose to power and put all your Tindrem Privilege to rest!
omfg this noob again.

Hayasa

Honored Member

grendel

listen you cisgender white male, you don't know what it was like to be discriminated against by the whole of Nave! Us Toxians rose to power and put all your Tindrem Privilege to rest!
Yes you did, didnt you(and well done indeed). Who would have thought that the Toxai Alvarin Liberation Front, or whatever you called yourself when we fought in the Kranesh Hills (during the second war of the southern bend), would rise to such power...
Your recent power and prestige does nothing to your need for a good spanking. So, leg rags and bare chests in the morning mist of Coloured Forest? Or are you too snobby for arranged fights with the poor and havenots?

If we simply moved this all over to UE4 we would have worse performance in pure fps. (is there even a large scale mmo running on UE4 currently released?)
We would need to merge our network solution with UE4 which is the biggest challenge in moving over to UE4 but it is doable and it has been our plan to eventually do if we get the chance.
We would require a year of focus on merging our tech into UE4 I roughly estimate, which means no other development next to this. We would have to either have a new investment or similar to make this happen next to supporting what we already have. Now if Kittend and or MR help us with resources then we may be able to look closer at this plan again.
Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it!

So yes there are multiple large scale mmos using UE4 with decent performance (we all know optimizing is a bitch, it's the most tedious task I've ever done and that's just for single player games. I don't want to imagine how it is for mmos).

But UE4 allows more control over optimization as well as a upgrade to the general work flow. Gpu instancing might be effective but im unsure if MO is already doing this or some typ of occlusion culling? ( guessing this might be the reason tindrem looks as it does? )

I'm guessing you guys are not open to colabs? If not then how about crowdfunding like kickstarter?
I just believe that in the end the time invested in the current tech might be lost once you decide to switch to UE4.

Thank you yet again for explaining your stance, I appreciate it more than you know.

Gronil

Oghmium Supporter
Alright,

I didn't really plan on posting again but I feel like I need to. I feel like the fact that people are still posting on a thread from two months ago is a pretty good summary on how poorly the overall MO community is doing. I hadn't even checked the forums since I unsubbed a couple months back, until I saw Henrik liked my post from Oct 16. Something substantial needs to happen in MO soon or I feel like the player base is going to continue it's downward trend.

I appreciate that @Henrik Nystrom finally posted something, but I feel like this is a little late. Back when Factions, the TC rework, and new player island were announced I was pumped. For the first time in recent memory we got a road map of upcoming features and more dev activity on the forums. I was hoping to see that carry forward, but sadly I saw it give way to the same old silence that I've been used to for years. In fact I'd say it's been the worst it's been since pre Sard getting added.

We haven't even had a substantial patch in the game since August which is why I unsubbed in the first place. Ever since MR was announced I feel like interaction from the devs and patch quality has just been worse and worse. (So much for MR not effecting MO development...)

It's frustrating, I love MO I'd go as far as to say it might be my favorite game. However I just don't want to play it because nothing is happening and the player base is just going back down again. I've seen possibly more salt than normal, and while I'm in the same boat as a lot of the salty vets here I do think we need to tone down some of the toxicity. I've seen many valid points made but it doesn't matter if they are buried between lines of abuse, if we want SV to change we can't expect them to listen if we are going to be so abusive.

I don't want to see the game stagnate again, I'm tired of seeing the same things happen year after year. Someone in SV needs to communicate what is happening frequently on the forums. There needs to be more road maps and updates for the game. Something substantial needs to happen to TC, I know none of us can agree on what to do but sometimes you need to just do it. Worst thing that happens is people don't like it but at least then we have a direction to go in. Even the wrong changes can get us moving towards a more complete and liked TC system. We could spend another 10 years talking about how to make the ideal TC system but at the end of the day just because it sounds good on paper doesn't mean it will be good in practice, we won't know until we try it.

I really hope to see more posts from SV stating what is going to happen, more dialogue between devs and players, no more long stretches of silence with very few patches, and more experimental TC and combat changes. I desperately want to see this game succeed. I know you guys at SV can do it, I'm just afraid you never will.

Is simply. In the actual dtate thr game cant be compet against other games. The monthly tax is higth and with the low population peoplemove for other games for not pay sub. In my opinion game need:
1.lisen the comunity special the veterans
2.remove sub. Is ridiculous.
3.change all TC and control territory system. Is a big disaster.
4.change blue red system. In real life you not change colour if you kill other person. I agree kill other guy must be impact in your reputation but i not sure if be red and lost stats is good. Make all very hard.
5.try make some history in game. More lore smalls misions events etc...
6.. reduce grinding. Much prople have work in real life havent time for work in game.
7.give us a reason for figth for territory.
8.create a empire throne!

Ah i forget!! And returned me my treasure! With hack atack my acount i lost all my gold and i not recover. Retun my gold!!! I need my stacks in bank for be happy!

Is simply. In the actual dtate thr game cant be compet against other games. The monthly tax is higth and with the low population peoplemove for other games for not pay sub. In my opinion game need:
1.lisen the comunity special the veterans
2.remove sub. Is ridiculous.
3.change all TC and control territory system. Is a big disaster.
4.change blue red system. In real life you not change colour if you kill other person. I agree kill other guy must be impact in your reputation but i not sure if be red and lost stats is good. Make all very hard.
5.try make some history in game. More lore smalls misions events etc...
6.. reduce grinding. Much prople have work in real life havent time for work in game.
7.give us a reason for figth for territory.
8.create a empire throne!
1. A lot of them are idiots that no one should listen to.
2. Then they wont get paid.
3. Into what? You have a solution or just yelling "change"?
4. In real life you don't raise from the dead at a priest every time you die, you have a solution for this one or you just yelling "change" again?
5. More lore is always good.
6. less grind is good, but make things to easy and people will get bored fast.
7. More reasons is always good. Any suggestions?
8. A what now?

1. A lot of them are idiots that no one should listen to.
2. Then they wont get paid.
3. Into what? You have a solution or just yelling "change"?
4. In real life you don't raise from the dead at a priest every time you die, you have a solution for this one or you just yelling "change" again?
5. More lore is always good.
6. less grind is good, but make things to easy and people will get bored fast.
7. More reasons is always good. Any suggestions?
8. A what now?
1. I not agree. NOt all are idiots. Is your opinión no more. And you not know one shit about comunity if you said it.
2. Not agree too. They can find money other ways as much games make today. The sub system is dead. If you not undestand the point not is my problem.
3. I not need said "change" all comunity are agree in TC is a disaster. Not reason for fight for territory, not have sense pay a long mantenaince for keeps and fortress for take territory without proffit for it. They need chek all about.
4 Yes yes...But the priest point not is a problem for game mechanics, the red and stats make much problems in mo. In my opinión not is good point. Red if you kill maybe...lost stats? ¿Why? havent sense.
5 yes
6. I play this game much more than you. I not need you explain me about what is hard or not. If you work the same amount of stone stacks as me you undestand i said. When you mining 50.000 stacks said me ok? The people bored with repetitive and hard works and low redwar. People need adventure, funny historys and diferents ways for win money, not farming 100.000 turtels. I have luck i win a lot of gold with my personal style, but not all have the same luck i had in game.
7. I put a lot of exemple in other post, bonificatións, tax etc..
8. NO comeent.

I not need enter with you in forum stupyd debate.
I do not need to enter competitions to show who has it bigger. I have already fulfilled all my objectives in the MO and my wishes.
You talk a lot, you listen little.
I recommend more humility.

Yeonan

Trial Member
The more i think about it the more I think SV needs to be willing to try new things on a tentative basis. I don't care if it creates temporary imbalances, things need to be implemented with the thought of "this could stay or go"

And if you think that's a bad idea i would refer you to: breeding grounds, auto-mines, TC towers, TC itself (remember guild stone hopping?)

These things remained in-game for years and were "abused" then suddenly were reverted and/or replaced. That's true imbalance.

I'd also refer people to the law of unintended consequences. Any design idea no matter how well thought out will invariably lead to unintended consequences but sometimes the only way to see what those are is to implement them. And further whether the situation they create leads to a better one then we have currently.

I love MO it's my favorite game but theres a list of things that need to happen from quality of life to incentive for activities in order to get it popping again.

i've said it before and here i go again.

N O B O D Y will pay a 15$ sub to play a game where the main attraction and feature (first person, melee centric pvp) is a buggy, de-sync, laggy, node line fest. there are thousands of other game with far more content, less grind and more enjoyable and reliable client/server performance.

so yea, keep this game for the few dozen Europeans close to the server that get satisfactory gameplay. everyone else will try it, laugh their asses off and leave. numbers don't lie.

N O B O D Y will pay a 15$ sub to play a game where the main attraction and feature (first person, melee centric pvp) is a buggy, de-sync, laggy, node line fest. there are thousands of other game with far more content, less grind and more enjoyable and reliable client/server performance.
Yet they do

6. I play this game much more than you. I not need you explain me about what is hard or not. If you work the same amount of stone stacks as me you undestand i said. When you mining 50.000 stacks said me ok? The people bored with repetitive and hard works and low redwar. People need adventure, funny historys and diferents ways for win money, not farming 100.000 turtels. I have luck i win a lot of gold with my personal style, but not all have the same luck i had in game.
You know nothing John Snow.

Been here since the beginning:rolleyes:

I recommend more humility.
I recommend you go fuck yourself

grendel

so yea, keep this game for the few dozen Europeans close to the server that get satisfactory gameplay. everyone else will try it, laugh their asses off and leave. numbers don't lie.
I am NOBODY(imagine it said with the voice of Clint Eastwood)

Last edited:

Xunila

Cronite Supporter
2. Not agree too. They can find money other ways as much games make today. The sub system is dead. If you not undestand the point not is my problem.
Do you have any idea about the way to get money from item selling (or whatever) in this game? You will never be able to buy a special horse or a special armor or weapon because you could lose them. The capes are the only save items. Even trinkets can be stolen (but not looted if equipped).

So for what would you pay? Maybe for faster skilling? Pay 10€ to increase the reading time for the next 10 books bay 1000 percent? And how often would you pay for this?

Paying for materials would not work in this game. Lots of players would leave, even some are always complaining about "pay to win" since we have the f2p system (which is in fact a unlimited trial). On the other hand I could buy a stack of Oghmium in the jungle of Sarducaa without gathering Tephra or extracting from the rocks. Is it that what you want?

Btw subscriptions are not dead. Maybe for the browser game generation, but see games like WoW which are using the shop as additional income only.

Do you have any idea about the way to get money from item selling (or whatever) in this game? You will never be able to buy a special horse or a special armor or weapon because you could lose them. The capes are the only save items. Even trinkets can be stolen (but not looted if equipped).

So for what would you pay? Maybe for faster skilling? Pay 10€ to increase the reading time for the next 10 books bay 1000 percent? And how often would you pay for this?

Paying for materials would not work in this game. Lots of players would leave, even some are always complaining about "pay to win" since we have the f2p system (which is in fact a unlimited trial). On the other hand I could buy a stack of Oghmium in the jungle of Sarducaa without gathering Tephra or extracting from the rocks. Is it that what you want?

Btw subscriptions are not dead. Maybe for the browser game generation, but see games like WoW which are using the shop as additional income only.
Just cosmetics or extra bank space, like most games nowadays. And only AAA games with no bugs can get away with a sub, and even then I dont see any new ones coming out with that model...

Status
Not open for further replies.