How gonna make money the new players now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1

Gedeon

i hit one, and see what happen...

Maybe get out of town like you're supposed to? Tindrem graveyard is a trap, it keeps you there until you become a scrub!

Thread starter #3

Gedeon

well, new players didnt know that, they just start play MO and choose tindrem, for the tutorial and all. Maybe they need to join in some clan but, idk..

Dsn

Honored Member
tryed doing tinderem graveyard its good and all untill the sworm comes and uses range attacks from melee range...

realy should stop adding range attacks to stuff.(or skeletons that deal 20 times more dmg then the other ones like skeleton swordsman)

Well it is hard for the new players i get it, but i think it's actually a good change. It makes players leave the town and explore the game. So many people stay in tindrem for their whole MO lives and miss so much of the game.

Golgotha

Yes, since outside of Tindrem, creatures dont swarm? You cannot really hunt anymore without seeing this.

I used to hunt bats (insert any animal or spawn here as well) all the time to collect up for dyes., but when I got close to the bat spawn for the first time since the patch, I was swarmed by 8-10ish bats that could follow and hit while I ran... and never stopped following. The damage was just scrolling in the chat log.

The lack of brain on the AI of the game is quite evident. Auto agro everything within range and the new mob mentality for AI isnt immersive, or positive, in the least. New player or old. Tindrem or not... makes no difference to the new AI we have.

Thread starter #7

Gedeon

ye, but to explore they need some experience, bcause out of tindrem a lot pk, a lot players leave the game bcause they lose all they have when leave tindrem.

Cruzxavier

Yes, since outside of Tindrem, creatures dont swarm? You cannot really hunt anymore without seeing this.

I used to hunt bats (insert any animal or spawn here as well) all the time to collect up for dyes., but when I got close to the bat spawn for the first time since the patch, I was swarmed by 8-10ish bats that could follow and hit while I ran... and never stopped following. The damage was just scrolling in the chat log.

The lack of brain on the AI of the game is quite evident. Auto agro everything within range and the new mob mentality for AI isnt immersive, or positive, in the least. New player or old. Tindrem or not... makes no difference to the new AI we have.
"AI improvement" Golgotha.

Don't you see it? Its written in the patch notes. Try to aggro warriors inside a mineshaft in Sarducca...HAHA the laugh

Think about it, if you were out in the wild and attacked a wolf pack all of them would swarm on you, not just the one you attacked. The method we had with pulling monsters and fighting them one at a time was kind of broken.

Thread starter #10
And yes Golgotha, almost all mobs are aggresive now, so more dangerous for new players xD

Cruzxavier

Think about it, if you were out in the wild and attacked a wolf pack all of them would swarm on you, not just the one you attacked.
a wolf pack maybe, a dire wolf pack how would you know? lol. What about every goddamn mob that that example can't be made of RL comparisons?

Vaith

Maybe its meant to be a teamwork exercise! fight them together with your fellow newbs

Strilan

Exalted Member
I dont see how people can stand by the mob changes. I dont farm anymore... Dont even login really. I can't be fucked. Cant imagine how new players go thru it. Gl to them.

Darran

I dont see how people can stand by the mob changes. I dont farm anymore... Dont even login really. I can't be fucked. Cant imagine how new players go thru it. Gl to them.
For once I agree with Strilan.

:eek:

I've honestly not had any problems with farming. It helps if you stay out of the spawn and use ranged attacks, as ranged combat itself does not take primaries. The added challenge of having to fight off or think about how you're go to deal with whatever you're hunting is refreshing.

That's because you are a PVPer not a PVEer. Some of us like to group up and go do some hard dungeon for the fun of doing the dungeon and not just for the money of it. But i guess SV will make them easy again since the whole community wants trivial and boring farmzones.

Cruzxavier

That's because you are a PVPer not a PVEer. Some of us like to group up and go do some hard dungeon for the fun of doing the dungeon and not just for the money of it. But i guess SV will make them easy again since the whole community wants trivial and boring farmzones.
Ok let me take you on that phrase and say this very specific idea i have. this game is, by definition, an mmo. If that is so then it is played by all kinds of people of all ages.

Now, if its played by people of all ages, certain aspects of the game have to consider the possibility of "how muh time one is willing to put in the game" each day. You may have a lot of time, or the time you do have, more or less is enough for you to actively play in a guild and be happy about it. Many of us don't, one thing or the other.

When a player dont have time to play much, the time he does have is spending doing something he likes. You see a lot of players playing solo doing mostly gathering, crafting, etc. Things that are doable for some people. You don't see many dungeon farmers though. In general people that farm alone are in a guild, due to group backup, knowledge, skill etc.

Now, solo players should enjoy the game the same in their own way as a guild. Guilds should exist to enhance the gaming experience, not make it a must in order to have one. Sarducca AI made that happen. If you play solo, the only thing fun you can do solo is kill Ratzar workers and explore (and even this one is hardcore).

You can have all the dungeons you want, and all the difficulty you want, but don't take away the most important thing that is the ability to have fun at any given time, place or with how many people you do have with you

zombies.... attacking in swarms....
maybe decrease damage but it makes sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.