I propose the deletion of the Guild politics and discussion section of the forums

Thread starter #1

Dalacor

My reasoning is that there are no politics in this game any longer and pretending 2 people RPing politics is representative of the state of the game is both embarrassing and an insult to the unbelievably in depth and outright malevolent politics and intrigue that this game generated for several years after launch.

I
My reasoning is that there are no politics in this game any longer and pretending 2 people RPing politics is representative of the state of the game is both embarrassing and an insult to the unbelievably in depth and outright malevolent politics and intrigue that this game generated for several years after launch.
i not agree. I know very well outrigth and real politic in this game. Reason is i part it a lot of times. Any guy have monopoly about intriges drama conspirations in this game history. I would can surprise you if i said all i know about shadow historys in this game. I present in a lot of events and circunstances. I never speak about. For other side this game is freedom way for all. All styles ideas proposal have space and can have influence in real life of people. For other side, game is in bad moment so all can be good for generate some drama and history in game. You idea that all historys that one person create have relation with game havent sense. All begin when one guy create one history or make one political movemet in game. All actions i make in this game arount years have more and less consecuence in game history. If you patient maybe you will be a good history.
You have one better plan? I not see bad try make something in game. At least i try. Hope one time and later return here and said my work relevance. Maybe you would be surprised

I understant you point
But my style never onli-role. I am serious in my proposal. Like idea create myrland goberment. Simply i am special guy jaja

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
I oppose the deletion or re-deletion of any of it that does not violate rules.
Part 1:
More things have been posted in the Guild Politics and Discussion section of the forums that were

• full of pretense, LIES, and off-topic feces-slinging
  • embarrassing or cringe-worthy, at the time and now, in retrospect
  • and an insult both to the past and to the intelligence of the reader

than are dreamed of in your takeaway from the recent RP-flavoured debate.

That's really what it is: an illustrated discussion over who (and what armies) should be building and providing for the Myrland part of the simulated society of Nave rather than scourging, raping, looting, pillaging, and making LOLUMADPvP videos as usual, ad nauseam. That discussion isn't so far from being a useful measure of the futility of believing that Mortal Online can provide what it promised or implied at its beginning in terms of in-depth politics, territory control systems worth using, and various kinds of balance.

I don't think any of us are pretending a player Emperor would be able to do much that isn't already being done by those who have currently won the game; people have either next to NO POWER to change things as they are now, or, they like them the way they are-- and that IS the state of the game of Mortal Online. On a large scale, it is withered, shrunken, and doesn't work in the ways that people who always say 'the players will have to enforce/police this themselves' seem to mean. If it did work, somebody would be doing it, right?

Pessimistic, but True: Those who want something different can't really do shit. Those who can or could don't want any change except for more losers to for themselves to 'win' over.

You might even have to be the politics you *want* to see, or admit that those politics you want aren't gonna happen, and not blame the messengers nor the evidence of that fact.

Part 2:
And because you cannot avert your eyes from the most recent trifles in this section, you want to erase it? Are you no better than others who, over the years, have managed to erase some other content? If your OP is a rhetorical question, it fails by going too far in the direction of throwing out the babies old folks with the bathwater.

Seems more like you're griping that people might be having fun taking on and arguing about the issues in a way you don't care to read or participate in, and you want them to stop. Please stop and consider how likely it is that your lack of enjoyment will change anything.
It won't, unless SV takes seriously what you're proposing in protest.

Part 3:
You will get your wish. One of these days, Star Vault will probably & very likely do to the content currently available in this section-- the good, the bad, and the ugly-- what it has done with the oldest Guild Politics and Discussion which is in the Athenaeum Regalis: https://www.starvault.se/mortalforums/forums/guild-discussion.43

... And when it does, will you really miss it? Will you ever take the trouble to look any of it up? Even the Good Old Days stuff?

• If no, then why do you worry one way or another about there being a record of it or of more recent, less important stuff at this time?
  • If yes, then maybe you'd better start archiving, bookmarking, and quoting some of it for truth, because no-one's 'just about to do *better*' in this late day and age-- and, someday, all of it will be going away.
#MarkMyWords

Last edited:
How about we make the forums sub access only too

After all who really cares what the unsubbed think about the MO forums or the game itself

Right?;)

Might aswell delete the game entirely since theres only 5 people playing.

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member

MolagAmur

If MO2 is anything like the MO golden days, I'll force feed you plenty of politics my friend.

If MO2 is anything like the MO golden days, I'll force feed you plenty of politics my friend.
i hope you have right man. We need it. maybe will be a new golden age for business, political, territory fights etc.. would be nice.

How about we make the forums sub access only too

After all who really cares what the unsubbed think about the MO forums or the game itself

Right?;)
Very original idea you have there, top notch chain of thoughts there. I don't think its been said ever in these forums and specially not by Gyniu the idiot. But yes, make forums pay2write so you and the other 3-4 hillbillys can circle jerk in peace.

Every time someone says "MO2" an old lady dies hit by a truck.

Also...

MO2 "is" not, here... Not even poking out with a video.

Last edited:

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Every time someone says "MO2" an old lady dies hit by a truck.
Sheer coincidence.

Nevertheless, you'll notice that someone from RPK mentions it most often, always in the context of "there is no MO2".

Only if you believe in coincidences hahaha.

Nevertheless, you'll notice that someone from RPK mentions it most often, always in the context of "there is no MO2".
They do? i thought they are the last fanbois playing MO1. I guess because of the hoarding and disneyland castles construction makes them reluctant to embrace MO2 (old lady dies).

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
Only if you believe in coincidences hahaha.

They do? i thought they are the last fanbois playing MO1. I guess because of the hoarding and disneyland castles construction makes them reluctant to embrace MO2 (old lady dies).
In my experience of life and death on Nave, little old ladies (like my Huergar Cook) travel faster (through the Eat-her-world) when deceased-- So, bring on the MO2 discussion.