i really think this is very important

Thread starter #1
guys plz i came here specificaly for this remember mortal online? how it felt dated so fast because of unreal 4?... plz plz plz dont make the same mistake i dont mind waiting 2 or 3 years for the next game, but check this out...

Thread starter #2
oh wait it seems you can carry on lol

"Epic says UE5 won’t release until next year, first as a preview earlier in the year and then as a full release late in 2021. But the company says developers working on titles using UE4 right now will be able to easily transition. “Epic is designing for forward compatibility, so developers can get started with next-gen development now in UE4 and move projects to UE5 when ready,” the company says. "

if that report is true then no worries =P

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/13/...station-5-demo-next-gen-graphics-release-date

Thread starter #4
cmon men you get what i mean, thankfuly they say they will make it easy to port to the next engine... but what i said is true... mortal online was so dated because of UE4... i just didnt wanted to see the same... and its not even because i didnt liked mortal online, i plaied it for years lol, i just dont want to see mortal 2 going the same direction as mortal...

Najwalaylah

Exalted Member
mortal online was so dated because of UE4
You seem confused about what engine Star Vault has been using up until now in Mortal Online 1. This makes it harder to parse what you're trying to say.

Wabbajack

guys plz i came here specificaly for this remember mortal online? how it felt dated so fast because of unreal 4?... plz plz plz dont make the same mistake i dont mind waiting 2 or 3 years for the next game, but check this out...

Ye, no. Mo1 is using UE 3.5 which is ancient technology in the gaming industry.

From what I've heard, UE5 is technically an advanced version of UE4, which means projects from the latter can be upgraded to the former.

Mortal Online 2 is built using UE4, so if SV wanted to they can probably easily upgrade the tech to UE5 without having to start all over again like they had to with MO1.

From a consumer point of view there's not that much of a difference betweeen unreal 4 and 5, it's the provided tools for devs that are real game changer like no need to do retopology for LOD, no need for baked lightmaps and such which drasticly reduced time needed to make a game