Is Owning a Mounted character Still worthy in PvP ?.

Is Owning a Mounted character Still worthy in PvP ?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
Is Owning a Mounted character Still worthy in a game where pet's Receive a Fall damage and Die with no mount bags and GM can't afford to bring it back or the Shit load of bugs related to Mounts and mount Following ?.
- Is it Worthy when u actually can walkthrough the whole map in 45 min or less ?
-was is it Worthy to spend shit load of Gold just to breed Pet's with epic stats only to find Sv buffing them Down " didn't effect much Sv but thanks for trying " ? .
- is it Worthy to pay much Gold on a Horse or lykator rather to gear yourself with same amount and actually not be Dismounted by some Kiddo playing with some cheap war Hammer ? .

Myself I Find most answers are No " I don't Farm a lot like rest of the Carebears in game I like to PvP more " but For a Farmer player's I think the answer will be yes So this thread is about PvP only if any one Mentioned PvE he get a nice Ignore.

Take your picks

Thread starter #3
MCs deal 80 damage per hit, what are you talking about
The talk in generally is about all mounted is it worthy to make space for them when u can do same with A FF... you see Mc, ma Cost comparing of gearing and preparing to FF is High, yes Mc deal decent damage but Mc aren't that effective vs FF unless they were party of 2 - 3 vs 1 while in 1mc vs 1ff or 3 mc vs 3 FF they simply can be Dunked I for example can avoid a Mc attack and Dunk him to the dirt using only a long handle war hammer , and u can parry there attacks though u can't absorb it all but it can be way lower than those 80 of yours just saying.

Last edited:

oykd

well gms give pets back sometimes
i went afk in a house for min or two come back my mount died to mounted spider im alive but my mount dead! wasnt even a good mount tamed bull horse but anyways :)P

Dalacor

Actually he is right as are all the people complaining about the OP's thread. There are two issues:

1. DMG output vs Risk for MC - IMO removing breeding would fix most of the issues with mounted, it was balanced before awakening and is in MR also. Removing breeding reduces the costs to the MC(this is the only argument MC has for being OP for 5 years), removes a time consuming gold sink that offers little fun, removes the idiotic speed/HP of super horses and makes MC more dismountable. Also a reliable dismount mechanic or even the old random dismount chance would complete the balance.

2. Fall Damage on horse - This is insane, its actually one of the best examples of bad development/management decisions. instead of SV recognizing the mistake of breeding, they create a situation where mounted is now so toxic and painful that its almost unplayable unless you enjoy pain. Horses dropping down 2 meters in real life, no problem. Horses doing it in MO, three legs fall off and the rider needs to archery or axe it to death...sorry pal.

SV yet again not considering the fun factor, people want fun from a game, not griefy, time consuming grinds that require us to dismount and heal pet. Balance will forever be illusive for SV. :(

Sad.

Herius

Quality Assurance Lead
2. Fall Damage on horse - This is insane, its actually one of the best examples of bad development/management decisions. instead of SV recognizing the mistake of breeding, they create a situation where mounted is now so toxic and painful that its almost unplayable unless you enjoy pain. Horses dropping down 2 meters in real life, no problem. Horses doing it in MO, three legs fall off and the rider needs to archery or axe it to death...sorry pal.

SV yet again not considering the fun factor, people want fun from a game, not griefy, time consuming grinds that require us to dismount and heal pet. Balance will forever be illusive for SV. :(

Sad.
But not true! :)
As you can see here: https://starvault.se/mortalforums/t...7-06-05-discussion.125059/page-2#post-2097556

A 2 meters fall in game does not hurt your mount at all, a 13 meter fall sure does.

Last edited:
Ok I get the breeding thing but you’re way off with fall damage ... it’s completely fine in PVP or PVE , it’s not a “time sink” to heal your horse @Dalacor .

op is just bitching cuz he got dismounted and rekt ... buddy , you think you can just rush at any old scrub on the ground cuz you have a mount ? Think-a-fucking-gain dude we have hammers .

Thread starter #9

Dalacor

But not true! :)
As you can see here: https://starvault.se/mortalforums/t...7-06-05-discussion.125059/page-2#post-2097556

A 2 meters fall in game does not hurt your mount at all, a 13 meter fall sure does.
Herius at the top of the ramp in Meduli that leads south, there is a gentle 2-3m angled slope(not even a drop) and my mount takes 140dmg. There are far better balance mechanisms than making horse healing a full time occupation. Its bad enough that player fall dmg made fighting on interesting terrain a no no but this new mount dmg is beyond horrible. We are meant to be having fun.

When I get new PC ill record some embarrassing fall dmg videos for you

Last edited: